Concealed carry gun? Recomendations?

joebiz

For a good pocket holster look at the DeSantis Super Fly. I have found great reviews on this one and ordered mine last week. Should be here by the end of the week. Ill let you know what I think, but from the reviews it is an awesome holster for summer gear(Florida) and good for on the motorcycle.

keep me posted on the holster. thx

the walther is nice for the money, but the kimber is smaller/lighter and shoots 9mm!

either way you will be ok with a good hollow point.

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Picked this up. Walther PK380 For a few hundred bucks I cant go wrong! Think it will be a great CC I can run some rounds through.

381376_10150500587096554_531726553_10709106_244299931_n.jpg

Thing looks really "square" with sharp edges... typically not a desirable traits for CC pieces. Have you tried it out yet?

I carry a G26. I know it's ultra boring, but that's what I look for when it comes to CC.

Thing looks really "square" with sharp edges... typically not a desirable traits for CC pieces. Have you tried it out yet?

I carry a G26. I know it's ultra boring, but that's what I look for when it comes to CC.

Haven't fired it yet. The shape fits well in my hand,a little short in the grip..

It's not my ideal carry gun,I'd still like to get a kimber but for a cheap CC it's much better then my full size Beretta

I dont' care about all that "boys in the hood" image. I stuff my LC9 in my front pocket, make sure I'm not printing and walk out the door. Sometimes I'll stuff it in a neoprene holster, but for the most part if it gets scratched up or dropped, I'm out $300 so who cares.

The LC9 -and I guess I'm a fanboy at this point- is so smooth, there are no hard edges so it just slides out of your pocket with ease. It's a little larger than my iPhone with the pinky extender on the clip.

A CC, daily beater gun is about making it pain-free, simple and convenient. If it's a pain in the ass, I'll be less likely to carry all the time- thus negating most of the reasons for carrying, at all.

DSC05138.JPG

Joe that's kinda my idea. I have a G27 that I sometimes carry, but it's too bulky for me to just throw in a pocket or in my waistband and run out the door. And my HK USP? Forget it. Unless I want to throw it on under a winter parka. But then it's kinda useless (getting to it). I'd rather have something I can put in a pocket the same way I do my iPhone. The LC9 or a P3AT might just be my next iGun.

Joe that's kinda my idea. I have a G27 that I sometimes carry, but it's too bulky for me to just throw in a pocket or in my waistband and run out the door. And my HK USP? Forget it. Unless I want to throw it on under a winter parka. But then it's kinda useless (getting to it). I'd rather have something I can put in a pocket the same way I do my iPhone. The LC9 or a P3AT might just be my next iGun.

P3At is a great pistol. Good taste.

Can anyone recommend a good place to research California gun ownership and concealed carry laws? I have little to no knowledge on the subject, but am interested in home & personal protection.

Do you carry one in chamber when you're in the pocket, no holster?

I'm gonna check with my local dealer and see if he can cut me any deals on either the Ruger or Kel-Tec.

My wife's is on it's way back from Keltec after 6 weeks. It would FTF FTE every other round or so. I don't have a lot of faith in it for her CCW, she'll be moving on to a S&W Body Guard in the mighty .380. Maybe a revolver if that doesn't command trust.

Can anyone recommend a good place to research California gun ownership and concealed carry laws?

Ha. Good joke. I'm from the Bay Area originally. While not the reason I left, the first few reasons in my decision process to eject were the ridiculous firearms laws. San Francisco's recent Prop H (passed by the city's board) would have banned firearms/ammo sales, manufacture, and transfer... if it weren't for that teeny issue with unconstitutionality. So that's a taste of it. And forget a CCW. Those are limited to persons with a "need", aka politicians. Their lives are more valuable than yours, apparently.

Do any of you guys carrying unholstered worry about pulling a Plax and shooting your junk??

Ha. Good joke. I'm from the Bay Area originally. While not the reason I left, the first few reasons in my decision process to eject were the ridiculous firearms laws. San Francisco's recent Prop H (passed by the city's board) would have banned firearms/ammo sales, manufacture, and transfer... if it weren't for that teeny issue with unconstitutionality. So that's a taste of it. And forget a CCW. Those are limited to persons with a "need", aka politicians. Their lives are more valuable than yours, apparently.

Do any of you guys carrying unholstered worry about pulling a Plax and shooting your junk??

I was afraid that was the case. Coming from Chicago, you can probably see why I am so ignorant on the issue, as it is seemingly not a real option in the places I have lived.

I carry my 642 a lot without a holster...now I'm not doing that with my Glocks, holster only for them

I was afraid that was the case. Coming from Chicago, you can probably see why I am so ignorant on the issue, as it is seemingly not a real option in the places I have lived.

Doesnt RomanDad have a CCW?

California is a "may issue" state, which means it is technically possible to get a CCW anywhere in the state. Your local Sheriff will need to be on board with the idea for you to have much of a prayer. RomanDad is probably going to be your best resource on the board for info regarding CA.

He lives in SoCal

All of California is different? I just figured it was all the same like most states.

All of California is different? I just figured it was all the same like most states.

Major cities tend to have different laws from my experience - Chicago being a great example.

Major cities tend to have different laws from my experience - Chicago being a great example.

Ok, forgive me, Im from small town South Dakota. We have nothing major here. :lol2:

Do you carry one in chamber when you're in the pocket, no holster?

I'm gonna check with my local dealer and see if he can cut me any deals on either the Ruger or Kel-Tec.

I don't ever chamber a gun until I'm ready to shoot, just me though. I know the pros and cons and the arguments, and despite the rhetoric that is just works best for me. Again, CC to me is about feeling comfortable with a gun, knowing it's limitations and force. If a round is in the chamber, I'm just not comfortable if the gun isn't in my hand pointing at a crack head. There are people who carry unholstered, chambered and it is perfectly acceptable and safe.

Watch Academy Sporting Goods advertisements, as last year they ran a special on LCP and LC9 the week before xmas for $100 off. Maybe it was just the LCP, can't remember.

County by county, and even varies based on the Sheriff. It's apparent that only politicians, celebrities and attorneys are granted them on any consistent basis. Fcuk that, begging for the right to carry a gun. I like Texas, myself- where I can walk into a Starbucks on a Tuesday afternoon and know that about 25% of the latte sippers are armed. I probably would have a different opinion about it, had I not been put in a position twice in my life already where I had to draw a gun. Once, my family's life was in danger.

Off topic:

I chose to brandish once, I've had to draw once and I've had my laser on a perp's forehead once. Each separate event, I had an incredible calm come over me. It was an eerie, serene and pivotal moment. A lot of people talk about it in terms of them "being" the bullet and I sort of understand what they are talking about. Everything seems very small, very precise and focused, so the bullet analogy works for me. You would expect, just watching cop shows that it's a chaotic and jittery moment. That really starts *after* the situation is diffused. For me, anyway.

Back on topic, I would have a much harder time pulling the trigger in California than in Texas. I don't care how you slice it, that sucks.

No matter what you think about the NRA, they were absolutely instrumental in getting this pushed to the front of the table.

http://www.nraila.org/Legislation/Federal/Read.aspx?id=7178

I, personally, do not believe in the concept of having a permit or permission to do something granted to me under the Constitution. It's already been permitted. Encouraged, in fact.

Someone enlighten me, but aren't there a few states that do not require in-person application for a CC license?

County by county, and even varies based on the Sheriff. It's apparent that only politicians, celebrities and attorneys are granted them on any consistent basis. Fcuk that, begging for the right to carry a gun. I like Texas, myself- where I can walk into a Starbucks on a Tuesday afternoon and know that about 25% of the latte sippers are armed. I probably would have a different opinion about it, had I not been put in a position twice in my life already where I had to draw a gun. Once, my family's life was in danger.

I have never had to use mine, thank god. My parents always ask me why I want to conceal carry a gun. I just tell them South Dakota is pretty safe, but I would rather have protection and not need it than to need it and not have it. Cops in this state are 10-20+ minutes away, you cant depend on them with those kinds of odds. Usually a situation where you would draw there is no time to call the cops and even if there was time they would be to far away.

BTW I carry one in the chamber. Trying not to start an argument here. There is no use carrying if you want to waste time cocking it. Plus with the LC9 there is the actual safety too that you have to screw with.

I have never had to use mine, thank god. My parents always ask me why I want to conceal carry a gun. I just tell them South Dakota is pretty safe, but I would rather have protection and not need it than to need it and not have it. Cops in this state are 10-20+ minutes away, you cant depend on them with those kinds of odds. Usually a situation where you would draw there is no time to call the cops and even if there was time they would be to far away.

BTW I carry one in the chamber. Trying not to start an argument here. There is no use carrying if you want to waste time cocking it. Plus with the LC9 there is the actual safety too that you have to screw with.

The pro/cons have been debated ad-nauseum, and I think it comes down to knowing the facts and deciding what's best for your situation.