new v12 debut

pacecarz

I heard that the engine will not be a whole of a lot different from the current one but there is a lot of misinformation out there so I would rather wait for the the official release.

According to my information this Lambo is all-new and there is not even single screw shared with any previous cars, this means that engine is new also and it was mentioned many times before. Again there are tons of different information floating around and only official release will end this.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

According to my information this Lambo is all-new and there is not even single screw shared with any previous cars, this means that engine is new also and it was mentioned many times before. Again there are tons of different information floating around and only official release will end this.

I hope the engine is all new.

I hope the engine is all new.

Do they really need a new engine? I don't know how much the current V12 weighs compared with rivals, but 660hp from a 6.5-litre unit (that started its life 47 years ago with about half as much power and displacement) is pretty damn good.

Assuming it's a new engine, I'd love to hear exactly what they gained from such a massive expenditure.

If not - it's still a bloody incredible engine, and provides a tangible link to most of the company's heritage. Personally I'd be very happy to see it stay - the archaic steel construction is what's wrong with the Murcielago, not the engine.

Do they really need a new engine? I don't know how much the current V12 weighs compared with rivals, but 660hp from a 6.5-litre unit (that started its life 47 years ago with about half as much power and displacement) is pretty damn good.

Assuming it's a new engine, I'd love to hear exactly what they gained from such a massive expenditure.

If not - it's still a bloody incredible engine, and provides a tangible link to most of the company's heritage. Personally I'd be very happy to see it stay - the archaic steel construction is what's wrong with the Murcielago, not the engine.

Ok when you run downstairs Christmas morning to open up the box that was placed under the Christmas tree with your name on it would you like to see inside one of your old toys that was polished up :icon_mrgreen:

Now think that you will have to write a cheque for $500k plus, I want a brand new engine damn it! :lol2:

Ok when you run downstairs Christmas morning to open up the box that was placed under the Christmas tree with your name on it would you like to see inside one of your old toys that was polished up :icon_mrgreen:

I would, actually... then I'd know they'd saved their money for something useful and hadn't blown it on something unnecessary. :P

Besides, if it's a fundamentally great toy with lots of sentimental value, but could do with a bit of fixing and polishing, that could make a pretty sweet present.

Like I said, I'm not complaining if they have developed a new unit. But I'd like to know exactly what it gained them, because it's a huge expense. Wouldn't you rather see the cash funnelled into helping to make the Estoque a production reality, potentially fuelling the company's recovery from the past couple years' collapse? Or into developing a CF chassis for the Gallardo replacement, keeping pace with McLaren and ahead of the red company?

How does one get into this LA event?

Probably talk to your dealer. I just took delivery of a LP570 and he asked me if I was interested in attending. I am not sure about who will all be there, I am sure the Media as well as other Lamborgini owners, and principals. I would think the car will be available to pr-eorder soon after.

Nice timing....... just before Christmas!

With all the carbon in the Superleggera, as well as the Sesto Elemento concept car I would assume there will be plenty as well.

Not digging those side mirrors AT all. And I have a feeling now that they're going to keep them on the final model. :-(

those are the G side mirrors. looking at how well designed the LP670's mirrors are I dont think they will settle for something that bland. if they do im sure it will be VERY complemetary to the design.

those are the G side mirrors. looking at how well designed the LP670's mirrors are I dont think they will settle for something that bland. if they do im sure it will be VERY complemetary to the design.

Looking closely at the pictures I noticed that as well. Check out the rear half of the car, it looks like A LOT of extra body work is bolted on giving us, I think, a completely different vision of the next car. The closer I looked the more excited I am about this car. Looks like a ton of deceptive camouflage on the test mule.

Looking closely at the pictures I noticed that as well. Check out the rear half of the car, it looks like A LOT of extra body work is bolted on giving us, I think, a completely different vision of the next car. The closer I looked the more excited I am about this car. Looks like a ton of deceptive camouflage on the test mule.

I pray you're right. The car looks unproportionate at some angles or just plain unappealing. The rear view reminds me of 2 door Hatchbacks from the eighties due to the engine cover dominating the majority of the rear giving it the look of a neverending downward slope. From the side the mule looks stretched due to the space needed for the giant air vent. The rear bumper and nose being slightly too long making the wheels look too small. The air inlet from the front reminds me of the pre LP designated Murcie and Gallardo, too small. Thats just my 2 cents.....

I pray you're right. The car looks unproportionate at some angles or just plain unappealing. The rear view reminds me of 2 door Hatchbacks from the eighties due to the engine cover dominating the majority of the rear giving it the look of a neverending downward slope. From the side the mule looks stretched due to the space needed for the giant air vent. The rear bumper and nose being slightly too long making the wheels look too small. The air inlet from the front reminds me of the pre LP designated Murcie and Gallardo, too small. Thats just my 2 cents.....

I have a feeling the car is going to be Zonda size. I hope atleast. With Lamborghini going to the lighter weight over more power (honestly, they don't need any more) the smaller car would be better. You are right on the proportions. They look "not right" and it honestly looks too much like a Murcielago to beconsidered a new flag ship car. I am hopeful.

relax on worrying about all those things, that car is dripping in camo, so much camo it's about to fall off.

They're "G-like," but I don't believe those are the exact same side mirrors as the G has. That's why I think they're going to stay -- because they're unique to this car, I think.

Yeah we have no idea how this thing is going to look. Fortunately imo. Looking at how the concept car came out, I expect this car to be out of this world. Are there ANY pshop variations out there? You know those guys are usually close.

I have a feeling the car is going to be Zonda size. I hope atleast. With Lamborghini going to the lighter weight over more power (honestly, they don't need any more) the smaller car would be better. You are right on the proportions. They look "not right" and it honestly looks too much like a Murcielago to beconsidered a new flag ship car. I am hopeful.

Zonda is bigger than a Murcie??? :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: It looks like a love child between a G and a Murcie.... taking all the negatives of the murcie though. As you said hopefully its all cameo

I would, actually... then I'd know they'd saved their money for something useful and hadn't blown it on something unnecessary. :P

Besides, if it's a fundamentally great toy with lots of sentimental value, but could do with a bit of fixing and polishing, that could make a pretty sweet present.

Easy to please, good to know if I ever have to send you a Christmas present :icon_thumleft:

Zonda is bigger than a Murcie??? :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: It looks like a love child between a G and a Murcie.... taking all the negatives of the murcie though. As you said hopefully its all cameo

the zonda is wider than the murcie but shorter

0601_02z%20Pantheon%20Lamborghini_Murcie

beztytuubxg.jpg

Well I'm off then. Hopefully the new flagship is Sesesto Elemento sized, if it's currently smaller than the Murcielago.

On a side note the Zonda looks smaller in pictures on its own. Thanks for the comparison pictures!