Lambo murcie replacement in Singapore

Lambo91

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Come on guys, do you really think that they have made all that investment into a new car, new platform only to show the maximum of what the car can do? Its all about preserving the product cycle of their new product. It doesnt make any sense to have all the possible improvements on the car all in one shot. Newer variants with more power and less weight would be in the works. Thats how you can sell more cars. Given what we see from the gallardo platform, expect to see a similar type of product cycle planning for the murcie replacement.

Come on guys, do you really think that they have made all that investment into a new car, new platform only to show the maximum of what the car can do? Its all about preserving the product cycle of their new product. It doesnt make any sense to have all the possible improvements on the car all in one shot. Newer variants with more power and less weight would be in the works. Thats how you can sell more cars. Given what we see from the gallardo platform, expect to see a similar type of product cycle planning for the murcie replacement.

Bingo. Good post.

exactly, if the Murcielago went through its life with a bump of 90 hp and a drop of 200+ lbs, then this new car will potentially be an 800 hp monster by the time its life ends :o

40 ms is .04 of a second isn't it??? 100 ms is 0.1 of a second.

Yes, you're right about that, my bad :eusa_wall:

Still, from what I've heard from those who've sampled the 458's box (or some of the better DSGs), a twin clutch setup would be much more desirable. 40ms is only 20 up on the scuderia's box and the DSG is supposed to be a big improvement on that, more than a mere 20ms difference would suggest.

I for one would be concerned about more how the car looks. Given lamborghini's origami styling language on it's designs, I would be concerned whether the new car would have retained some of the flowing lines present in previous cars. Making the car aggressive through sharp creases is one thing. Incorporating sleek ness and balancing out the overall design would be even more important. That's why I have never been a fan of the reventon in that so much of the flowing lines have been interrupted.

I just hope the Murci SV is still on sale when this comes out. I want to see what the replacement is going to look like before deciding on a purchase.

I for one would be concerned about more how the car looks. Given lamborghini's origami styling language on it's designs, I would be concerned whether the new car would have retained some of the flowing lines present in previous cars. Making the car aggressive through sharp creases is one thing. Incorporating sleek ness and balancing out the overall design would be even more important. That's why I have never been a fan of the reventon in that so much of the flowing lines have been interrupted.

Thank You! I could not have stated this better myself.

agreed, as much as i like the Reventon and the Sesto Elemento both are not timeless designs imo.

Yes, you're right about that, my bad :eusa_wall:

Still, from what I've heard from those who've sampled the 458's box (or some of the better DSGs), a twin clutch setup would be much more desirable. 40ms is only 20 up on the scuderia's box and the DSG is supposed to be a big improvement on that, more than a mere 20ms difference would suggest.

It would also be much heavier ( If i am correct by another 100 pounds?)

I think the visual is what will make or beak the Murci's replacement. As alluded to in previous posts, performance improvements become almost incremental at these horsepower levels. IMHO a mear "updating" of the body will not suffice, but rather a totally fresh design is needed. This is Lamborghini's opportunity to move to the front of the class; Mc Claren's design seems finalized (OK but not exciting) and Ferrari has introduced their newest designs (again OK but not exciting) so the field is wide open for Lamborghini to come out with something exotic, bold & exciting!!!

I agree that lambo should really have a fresh design that really has that wow factor that the diablo, miura, and countach had. Thos cars really had the "wow" factor that the Murci, especially the original 6.2 version, didn't quite match.

So of all the people who have paid a downpayment for the Murcie replacement in Singapore, is there anyone who has ordered more than one?

Also, I saw on Flickr somewhere a photo of 4 Reventon Roadsters claiming that the pic was taken in Sg. Any of our SG members have any info on this?

dont think anyone has ordered more than 1 at the moment...but yes theres 4 reventons here. 3 left hand drives and 1 right hand drive...all sold but left at the showroom

I agree that lambo should really have a fresh design that really has that wow factor that the diablo, miura, and countach had. Thos cars really had the "wow" factor that the Murci, especially the original 6.2 version, didn't quite match.

In my opinion, the LP640 (particularly in white) is the most stunning car of the last decade, and sits very comfortably alongside all the previous flagships.

In my opinion, the LP640 (particularly in white) is the most stunning car of the last decade, and sits very comfortably alongside all the previous flagships.

:iamwithstupid:

IMO, the M had just as much presence as the other ones. If you ask me, it's definitely flagship worthy. The only reason people don't agree is probably because they were maybe 10 years old during some of the other ones and are sentimental or more emotional about the older designs.

I'll be more than happy to go!

You sold your Lambo you don't get to go! BTW I was going to call you earlier today, but lost your number AGAIN. PM it to me. I'll also be down in Orlando next week some time. Lets go grab lunch or something.

Didn't mean to come off as too critical of the Murci, i love the car. I agree that the Murci is flagship worthy, but I've always felt that it could've been a little bit more aggressive from the start, basically what it evolved into in lp640 and SV form (not to take away from the 6.2, which still looked great and had presence to it). I'd just like to see this car start out a little more extreme and not feel like it needs a little more to it, which I thought the 6.2 needed, especially after the edgier Gallardo arrived.

Another thing about the Murci and this new replacement is that it's much harder to be so radical these days. The Countach was so radical looking compared to most cars in the 70s and 80s. With the Diablo it was a little less so as car designs became a little sleeker and more aerodynamic. It's much harder today to design a car that looks so overtly different and radical, especially when considering what all has been done already, and ridiculous pedestrian safety regulations, etc.

Controversial looks guys imo, just not sure about it.

You already know pretty much everything there is to know about the cars specs, etc so nothing to add. Cabin is much much better is the only thing of note.

A pretty accurate drawing has already been posted in this thread

Well technically 2 drawings. Still reserving my judgement until it is revealed.