Let us work together and find the ultimate DD

TRANSAMERA

• Replies 257
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Rob Burgundy

Not sure if it would be my main choice for a dd but if were talking Audi's..no love for the S8? Big enough for passengers to be comfortable (unlike the s4) it's got the gallardos v10 and unlike the s63 amg It's awd for the winter!

Not sure if it would be my main choice for a dd but if were talking Audi's..no love for the S8? Big enough for passengers to be comfortable (unlike the s4) it's got the gallardos v10 and unlike the s63 amg. It's awd for the winter!

A8/s8 drop their value so much it will make you shit the bed in shock. The RS6 is a beast no doubt but as turbo g owners will tell you it a forced induction v10 does not do economy, it's mpg on the combined cycle is on par with the (beautiful) Bentley continental and the panamera turbo looks like a prius compared to the RS6. Then you have potential issues of suspension issues like the previous version, something that rs models seem to suffer from.

The RS4 ticks all the boxes and whilst not perfect (some quality issues coming to light now and see suspension issue above) I would have one in a heartbeat if I could afford it where I live now.

BMW soft roaders are crap in snow, when it snowed here earlier in the year my mate and were driving around in his company range rover laughing at the amount of stuck x5/6.

RS6 Avant or S8 would be my choice. Audi makes hella good cars as you know and they are practical, quite good looking, fast and somewhat reliable. + they are the BEST in snowy conditions.

Not sure if it would be my main choice for a dd but if were talking Audi's..no love for the S8? Big enough for passengers to be comfortable (unlike the s4) it's got the gallardos v10 and unlike the s63 amg It's awd for the winter!

S8s are cool, but as far as the S63, just get the 4matic and you're done. S63-65 is more "big-boy" to me than ANY Audi. The Audi's are like racer boy cars. They don't have as much "occasion" as the big body benz. I'd take an M6 or M5 before even looking at the Audi sedans.

DISCLAIMER: I've owned the Audi SUV Q7 in S-Line edition and loved it...

S8s are cool, but as far as the S63, just get the 4matic and you're done. S63-65 is more "big-boy" to me than ANY Audi. The Audi's are like racer boy cars. They don't have as much "occasion" as the big body benz. I'd take an M6 or M5 before even looking at the Audi sedans.

DISCLAIMER: I've owned the Audi SUV Q7 in S-Line edition and loved it...

Big heavy rwd cars in the snow? There is a sarcastic hand clapping smiley around here somewhere.

Big heavy rwd cars in the snow? There is a sarcastic hand clapping smiley around here somewhere.

Ummm 4matic is the All Wheel Drive system for Merc. They do have those you know.

That 100k USD means only 60k of their currency in some places or 150k in others, yet those places won't get cars as cheap in the US...you're going to get skewed data depending where people live just because prices aren't the same and they don't adjust for currency.

Not to mention, maybe the price should be based on buying new and not used...it'd make it a bit more fair as well. 100k and get you a used S63 somewhere, but not in Canada or other parts of the world.

Ummm 4matic is the All Wheel Drive system for Merc. They do have those you know.

Swil, the S63/S65 do not come in 4 Matic versions.

I live in a place with comparable winter weather and can tell you there is absolutely nothing wrong with driving a "big heavy rwd car in the snow"... Done it with an M6, C2S, Vantage and M3. There is absolutely no reason a modern rwd car cannot be driving in almost any winter condition as long as it has proper tires. The only issue I had with any of those cars was clearance...

That being said, I'd think a CGT would be tough to beat... Point being, don't limit your choices to awd.

Not to mention, maybe the price should be based on buying new and not used...it'd make it a bit more fair as well. 100k and get you a used S63 somewhere, but not in Canada or other parts of the world.

S63s can be had for under $100k in Canada all-day-long. With some snow tires, it would be a great choice...

Geez guys, I thought this would be easier than this :)

Currency issues are not really a problem, lets just say 85-95K Euro instead, let everyone here do their own calculations based on what prices/taxes each country has, here a brand new GTR costs 80K Euro, a G Spyder 250K Euro and a BMW X6M 110K Euro.

I am a single guy, don't need 4 doors but don't mind them, stationwagon or not, a coupe is always sexier/more fun/sporty.

The 63 AMG series doesn't come with 4x4 and Audi owns Mercedes in almost every category, BMW as well.

I said the car has to be new or max 1 year old, that rules out old cars like the RS4, S8 etc

What is everybody (Lambo owners) here rocking as a daily? That fact should get things going!

Geez guys, I thought this would be easier than this :)

Currency issues are not really a problem, lets just say 85-95K Euro instead, let everyone here do their own calculations based on what prices/taxes each country has, here a brand new GTR costs 80K Euro, a G Spyder 250K Euro and a BMW X6M 110K Euro.

I am a single guy, don't need 4 doors but don't mind them, stationwagon or not, a coupe is always sexier/more fun/sporty.

The 63 AMG series doesn't come with 4x4 and Audi owns Mercedes in almost every category, BMW as well.

I said the car has to be new or max 1 year old, that rules out old cars like the RS4, S8 etc

What is everybody (Lambo owners) here rocking as a daily? That fact should get things going!

I have actually seen many with 335is here, so maybe you can get a 335xi.

Can make them 380rwhp/420wtq. for very cheap.

I live in a place with comparable winter weather and can tell you there is absolutely nothing wrong with driving a "big heavy rwd car in the snow"... Done it with an M6, C2S, Vantage and M3. There is absolutely no reason a modern rwd car cannot be driving in almost any winter condition as long as it has proper tires. The only issue I had with any of those cars was clearance...

That being said, I'd think a CGT would be tough to beat... Point being, don't limit your choices to awd.

S63s can be had for under $100k in Canada all-day-long. With some snow tires, it would be a great choice...

Yes, there is no reason they can't deal with winter, I agree, but 4WD from Audi makes it possible to laugh at the AMG's and M's as you fly past by them, trust me.

S63 is nice, but with depreciation concidered, a haircut is given and I don't want that!

I just got back from looking at the all new Audi A7, looks very cool/big/modern and the interior is simply put the best in the world, spaceship alert!!

The S7 will debut in 6 months, hmm :icon_thumleft: :eusa_think:

Go with the Audi RS5. Looks dope, powerful, great in the snow, and under 100k!

2418692430_8d2bd369c6_o.jpg

I agree that rendering looks dope... The real thing is nice, but is it worth twice the S5 I rock today?