New Lamborghini - LP700-4 - Discussion

Hawkan

Holy shit!

Good thing Mako has patience.

Did we just get a flood of new idiots again!!!!????

It's all about money you retards.

Do a damn search cause the whole Veyron shit is just plain stupid. Or better yet watch the show that is the making of the Veyron and see if there is anything on that car that is usable or affordable on any mass production car.

There is no DSG cause there was no extra money to develop it in THE TIME FRAME needed to get this car out. Plain simple end of story.

Just trying to keep up with the old idiots.....

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I am keeping an open mind about the new transmission, but I want a car that is smooth around town in stop and go city traffic. If this new transmission accomplishes that, great, if not, I probably wont be buying one. I never thought my 911 turbo PDK was a boring car to drive, I just kept wishing it was in a more exciting car like a Lambo.

I am keeping an open mind about the new transmission, but I want a car that is smooth around town in stop and go city traffic. If this new transmission accomplishes that, great, if not, I probably wont be buying one. I never thought my 911 turbo PDK was a boring car to drive, I just kept wishing it was in a more exciting car like a Lambo.

DCT is 10x better than anything else I have driven(430, 599) and Lambo knows that..it was about money, devolpement time and nothing else. I still want one but it would have been the complete package with the DCT! No one here should buy the bs line that they are trying to sell about "feel"

Yes cost is a major factor with any automobile because none of these companies are nonprofitorganizations... However, the main thing I believe for Lamborghini's consideration was that it was a mixture of those factors and none in an order that is more significant than the other. As a manufacturer, you basically look at what components will fulfill the goal requirements set initially. Usually what happens is that various component manufacturers come up with their recommendations based on the performance parameters set forth by the factory. If weight was a major concern for lamborghini given its corporate direction, the ISR would have been a logical choice. Especially when DCT would be higher in weight and cost. Since Lamborghini enjoys the purchasing power and technology access provided by Audi, I am certain that DCt suppliers have had their chance to make their case to the factory.

It just needs to be driven to be fully evaluated whether Lamborghini did the right thing or not....