Gran Turismo 5.. . who's getting it?

Smoky

Built a Plastic mess-06 with 550rwhp early this morning, no ASM , traction control to 1 = nearly impossible to drive.

Yeah my Z R 1 has 870 or so and without traction control you just burnout and spin. my fully modded LP560 is the best car I own. I cant imagine this game being worth it at all without a wheel. I just got the driving force GT and it works great for what I need.

• Replies 249
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I have been playing it a couple days now. I am so happy it has the Gallardo, now I can finally pretend to drive the car I actually own to see what it can do (no way will I ever take mine to the track). The driving aspects are great but the quantity and selection of events, at least compared to GT4, is way disappointing. I also heard you have to wait till level 25 (which will take a couple weeks) before you unlock the endurance races, which sucks because I just find myself wanting to drive the car for a long time without having to re-do the same race over and over. Oh well.

I have been playing it a couple days now. I am so happy it has the Gallardo, now I can finally pretend to drive the car I actually own to see what it can do (no way will I ever take mine to the track). The driving aspects are great but the quantity and selection of events, at least compared to GT4, is way disappointing. I also heard you have to wait till level 25 (which will take a couple weeks) before you unlock the endurance races, which sucks because I just find myself wanting to drive the car for a long time without having to re-do the same race over and over. Oh well.

Why no track days in the Lambo? :eusa_think:

Why no track days in the Lambo? :eusa_think:

one crash, "game over" with no restart. Even if I don't crash it going that fast is likely to cause scratches and such in the paint from flying dirt. But mainly I love it too much to risk it. Plus I still have the factory

tires and they are kind of slippery (relatively), increasing the risk.

one crash, "game over" with no restart. Even if I don't crash it going that fast is likely to cause scratches and such in the paint from flying dirt. But mainly I love it too much to risk it. Plus I still have the factory

tires and they are kind of slippery (relatively), increasing the risk.

Slippery tires do NOT increase risk. Actually normal road tyres break grip progressively and in slower loads which makes driving easier and you have more marginal to try and fail at easy speeds. Put slicks on that gallardo, then loose grip snapping sideways at 150mph and try to correct that first time without crashing, not going to happen.

Honestly the only concern you should have is paint chips, which can be easily taken care of with a few precautions. Stuffing it into a wall, I'm unsure what type of track insurance is offered, or I would give you some advice there.

Has anyone noticed the TV commercial for the game with the Monterey blue LP640. It should look familiar to all of you.

Just saw that today! Next to the red SLS.

Does no one just play a bit Pac-Man any longer, and have a life the rest of the time ?

Thanks to the playstation network we can all have lives online..... :icon_mrgreen:

<----- redshft on PSN

All I wanna know is can you turbocharge the Lambos????j

I'm pissed I can't put wheels on my '76 VW Golf.

<----- redshft on PSN

All I wanna know is can you turbocharge the Lambos????j

I'm pissed I can't put wheels on my '76 VW Golf.

Its not an option on the LP560 or the 74 countach that I own. You can get the LP560 up to about 760hp naturally aspirated and its pretty much insanely fast and wins most races. I want to buy an SV next and the anniversario countach you have to win in Bspec mode....

so far the G27 wheel has been fantastic! NO need for any sort of setup at all. I tried this wheel on Need for Speed Shift and found that you could shift without the clutch, which sorta ruined the fun altogether. But even though the G27 isnt listed in the options menu they clearly have it setup with this game and even the little LED light work.

Guest SP_Lotta Murci

Anyone figure out tuning specs for the Gallardo yet? Has everything minus stage 3, I didn't want to much hp on this NA car.

Anyone figure out tuning specs for the Gallardo yet? Has everything minus stage 3, I didn't want to much hp on this NA car.

Too much HP on a NA car? What are you worried about, blowing the engine?! I have mine fully modded with everything. Its like 760hp and because of the AWD makes it much easier and faster then my 700hp 458. I dont mess with the suspension and stuff like that though. Way beyond my expertise.....

I will say my McLaren F1 is night and day different to drive with the installation of the 130G body kit that pretty much mimmics the HDF kits on the real cars minus the wheel arches. Otherwise the f1 is a bitch to keep the rear end behind you.

Too much HP on a NA car? What are you worried about, blowing the engine?! I have mine fully modded with everything. Its like 760hp and because of the AWD makes it much easier and faster then my 700hp 458. I dont mess with the suspension and stuff like that though. Way beyond my expertise.....

I will say my McLaren F1 is night and day different to drive with the installation of the 130G body kit that pretty much mimmics the HDF kits on the real cars minus the wheel arches. Otherwise the f1 is a bitch to keep the rear end behind you.

I got the 2 blacked out preorder cars from GameStop - The F1 GTR/HDF "Stealth" and some nascrap car. The Stealth F1 is amazing - it blows the doors off every car in it's class - making the game quite easy! :)

Guest SP_Lotta Murci

Are you on steering wheel or controller? Already at high 600hp and having a hell of a lot of time cornering. Teach me obi-wan~! :icon_mrgreen:

Are you on steering wheel or controller? Already at high 600hp and having a hell of a lot of time cornering. Teach me obi-wan~! :icon_mrgreen:

Ive got the Driving Force GT wheel. I dont know how you can play the game without it. Some of the cars, like my Z R 1 thats fully modded are worthless. I have to steer with the gas pedal or just burn out or lose the ass end. The steering makes driving a bit more possible. I cant imagine the game without the wheel. Ive also notice some cars understear like a bitch. My GTR is awful in the curves. Under breaking or gas it wont stear at all. you basically have to throw the ass end around and once the car slides to a position pointing where you want it to go you mash the throttle. I by no means am a great driver, but i do play a lot!

Also, going all the lightwieght mods will help a ton with cornering.

I got the 2 blacked out preorder cars from GameStop - The F1 GTR/HDF "Stealth" and some nascrap car. The Stealth F1 is amazing - it blows the doors off every car in it's class - making the game quite easy! :)

I wasted about 1.4 mil on my F1 so im pretty jealous you have that. And you will need the Nascar for the Extreme races at level 21. Im going to have to spend 500G's on one here soon. Only problem im having now is that the later races require race cars which cost like 5mil or so and require a level 23 to buy. Which im not...so its kind of a shit situation.

Guest SP_Lotta Murci
Ive got the Driving Force GT wheel. I dont know how you can play the game without it. Some of the cars, like my Z R 1 thats fully modded are worthless. I have to steer with the gas pedal or just burn out or lose the ass end. The steering makes driving a bit more possible. I cant imagine the game without the wheel. Ive also notice some cars understear like a bitch. My GTR is awful in the curves. Under breaking or gas it wont stear at all. you basically have to throw the ass end around and once the car slides to a position pointing where you want it to go you mash the throttle. I by no means am a great driver, but i do play a lot!

Also, going all the lightwieght mods will help a ton with cornering.

Exactly...... the GTR and the Gallardo that I have now is under steering like crazy. That's the reason why I didn't do the stage 3 setup cause it seems the more hp I have, the more difficult I have to turn. I am in fact playing on the controller :eusa_wall: