Would you buy this?

profunctional

I consider myself a serial entrepreneur and manage multiple projects with multiple team members. I've always had a todo list on my iPhone to keep track of everything. I even purchased a few apps like "Things" and "OmniFocus". The biggest disadvantage of these is that it only tracked my own list. In fact, between my partners and I, we were all on our own islands with regard to a todo list.

We do use a Web-app to manage our projects, but its a pain in the ass to do everything in front of a computer. For me, its more convenient to manage my day when I'm idle like waiting for food, in the bathroom, sitting shotgun etc. And I always have my iPhone.

I made an app that is basically a "shared" todo list. When I need to assign something to my partner, I can do it right from the phone. When he completes it, he can update the status from his phone. We can also log the progress and share notes for each item.

One of my partners hates the iPhone and will only use Android phones. So I had to write the app to run across both phones. I just bought an iPad 2 weeks ago and got it to run on that as well. So between 3 iPhones, an iPad, and 1 Android user, we are all on the same page now.

Would you guys buy something like this?

Sounds like a pretty good idea.

Its an app so what, $0.99 - $4.99? At a dollar, if you offer even the slightest bit of value and/or convenience, people will buy it.

It just depends on what the price-point will be... I have no idea what you have in mind...

I believe that is a great idea, may even be a great seller among the student population that work on group projects.

Never thought about students. That would have definitely helped when I was in school. But as a student, I'd expect it to be free!

Id love something like that to go back and forth with my secretary...

I forgot that I have my assistant on it as well. I used to email her tasks, and it would get lost in my inbox. Its been convenient to just view her list, and see whats been completed without having to send follow-up emails or picking up the phone. A side effect is that she's been really good about "closing" her items since she's constantly playing with her phone.

Sounds great and you should launch it. I thought google had something similar for the computer as well but eventually they only launched the beta version and put the project on hold. Same idea only online with a computer so you were able to chat, add pictures, texts, ...

It has some good features for sure. One thing you may end up getting stuck on is the Android capability with the Apple ones. Apple may restrict the app because of how it directly connects to the same app on other devices. I'd be interested in this for Blackberry's as well. I don't use either phone but am using a Blackberry, so that would be really cool to connect it all together.

That being said, this idea exists already, or something similar to it. I'll try to find it but it allows connection between Apple (iPhone/iPad/iPod Touch), Blackberry (Torch, Curve, Bold2) and the Androids. But if yours is still different from that variant, which I believe it still is (That may be just an Instant Messaging application) then you might have something!

At the same time, it'll be really good for students, I agree, if they decide to waver from Google Calendars which can be synced with all three brands as well.

Awesome Idea!

So let me get this right? you want a to-do list that all people from the same team can see. and access from all mobile devices?

Here's something our company uses, Basecamp from 37signals

We can see everyone's todos and from iphones too using apps.

Although we work on computers all day so we use the online app.

Would be interested to see your apps!

Yes, but more than likely only it it was .99c and did way more than what I can do with notes already. So far, I can email notes, sync with computer, and update/open them very quickly. So the app would need to really make me want to get rid of notes and put them at the back of my iphone so to speak - which seems like a stretch.

So basically notes on steroids, but simple and fast. And compatible with Android users, so my friends can read my notes.

I'm gonna make a quick vid using my camcorder lol. We'll see how it goes. I'll post it here to show you how I use it in my life.

Please do, I have been looking for something better/faster than emailing all my staff, this could be worth looking in to.

Maybe I should start a new thread but I'll give it a try here first;

Is it hard to develop an app, I know jackshit about programming but could I learn fast? Or can I use a failry good guy and just give him guidelines which would turn into a great app?

Anyone here doing this for a living or a sidething?

I have a few ideas I KNOW would sell, but I don't know how to get them done and get them "out there" :eusa_think:

Sounds like a great idea -- here is how I would market it to make it virally applicable so it can scale and make you some serious dollars ...

Give the app away for FREE and let the product sell itself.

Limit its usage on the FREE version (so everyone can use it, and get used to it) and have the PRO version unlimited uses, or some other limited feature/metric. For example, the FREE version can only set 10 appts. But the PRO version is totally unlocked.

I don't have all the details of your project so I don't know the best locked/unlocked scenario ...

For this to work (and make you serious $$) I think you would have to lead with the product -- get people using it, and loving it -- then make the PRO version the breadwinner where people are saying "I can't go without this app! Here's my credit card!!"