Flood in Queensland, Australia

andyling

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fortis and Scud are both from QLD, I believe, but lives in the city and not the rural area.

I hope all LP'ers from QLD are safe

It's why I moved to London, wouldn't bloody stop raining!!

I'm not aware of anyone from up north, we all lived down south. I have a friend who lives in Bundaberg and she was on the Gold Coast visiting her parents and she couldn't get home as the city was cut off! Pretty crazy

im a QLDer as well

but down where Scud,. Fortis & I live theres no flooding,

but i am fed up with the non stop rain we've had fro almost 6 weeks.

but its sunny outside today :D

JIM501 also used to be a QLDer, but he got married and moved to the UK, and ironically has probably had less rain than we have, since he left LOL

Let me know when everyone in Killara has drowned or been eaten by sharks.... Then Ill pray for the rain to stop.

JIM501 also used to be a QLDer, but he got married and moved to the UK, and ironically has probably had less rain than we have, since he left LOL

But he is freezing his nuts off. :icon_mrgreen:

Let me know when everyone in Killara has drowned or been eaten by sharks.... Then Ill pray for the rain to stop.

Why such a dislike for Kilara?

we are all fine thanks for the concern guys.

the floods are certainly devastating the most important thing is that not many people lost their lives because they got a sufficient warning in order to evacuate,

there is a lot of property damage, many lost everything with many uninsured or underinsured.

Devastating to say the least.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/December_2010_Queensland_floods

Yeh, looks much worse than the earth quake in Christchurch. I heard some people are dead because of the flood related accidents.

If you love set it free, If it doesn't come back, hunt it down and kill it.

Or wait for it to get eaten by sharks driven inland by floodwaters....

(Can I get some sharks with frickin' laser beams attached to their heads?)

Spoke to a good mate of mine up in Townville last night. His biggest complaint was he can't get his favourite beer down at the local.

some Aussie sheila really got to RomanDad!

Things are now getting a lot worse in SE QLD as Brisbane is now being hit extremely hard, and Toowoomba went under yesterday.

http://www.smh.com.au/environment/weather/...0110-19l56.html

Things are somewhat bearable at the moment, but our main dam (which was built after massive floods in 1974 as a flood mitigation dam - and they are talking same water levels now) has just cracked 170% of holding capacity and is now just in flood storage. When that cracks around 220% it will start overflowing over the whole wall even though all gates are currently open at full capacity. Thoughts go out to all other LP members, i'm just watching the creeks/rivers behind mine by the minute.