What did you do today?

topcabron

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

After getting 30 dead hang body weight pullups in 1 set and then getting 18 dead hang reps with 45lbs plate added to me in 1 set on saturday, I got 3 more pullup PRs on Sunday. First I got 1 set of 8 dead hang reps with 100lbs added to me. Then got 1 rep dead hang max of 326.2lbs, which was 150.2lbs added to my body weight (176lbs) and over 85% of my body weight. Then followed that up with 1 set of 4 dead hang reps with 300lbs total (body weight plus added weight).

Guest Rob Burgundy
How many consecutive pushups can you guys do without stopping?

Ive been doing a varying push up routine each morning in sets of 25 until I reach 200. This morning I did a 100 consecutive chest to floor pushups and was on fire! The form slacked off at the end for sure.

Ive been doing a varying push up routine each morning in sets of 25 until I reach 200. This morning I did a 100 consecutive chest to floor pushups and was on fire! The form slacked off at the end for sure.

Super impressive rob.

I'm good for about 50 with solid form and then my tri's give out...

Guest Rob Burgundy

When I was in highschool I watched a wrestler do 600 pushups with breaks every 100 for about 30-45 seconds on a dare/taunt from a gym coach.

It blew my mind. The guy went in the locker room after and had to have people hold ice on his arms because he couldnt lift them when he was done

Guest Rob Burgundy
:iamwithstupid:

I agree with 05....your tris give out way before your biceps or chest do. It's annoying!

Ive been doing as many different angles and stances as I can...wide,triangle,shoulder width....ill take my arms and put one under the center of my stomach and the other above my head and stick my leg out wide for balance and then switch. I also like taking dumbells and gripping them to change the angle to hit the tops of my chest. Ive seen good growth on my shoulders and back too.

When I was in highschool I watched a wrestler do 600 pushups with breaks every 100 for about 30-45 seconds on a dare/taunt from a gym coach.

It blew my mind. The guy went in the locker room after and had to have people hold ice on his arms because he couldnt lift them when he was done

600 pushups done that quickly whether it's great form or absolute garbage is amazing.......

You guys are making me want to start dedicating pushup exercises every day outside of what I normally do!

Ive been doing as many different angles and stances as I can...wide,triangle,shoulder width....ill take my arms and put one under the center of my stomach and the other above my head and stick my leg out wide for balance and then switch. I also like taking dumbells and gripping them to change the angle to hit the tops of my chest. Ive seen good growth on my shoulders and back too.

Very nice.

If you ever feel like you're plateauing and this stuff is too easy, I recommend:

Pushups using pushup bars (and you can elevate your legs as well to increase your travel distance)

Box pushups

Handstand pushups

I've only done box pushups so far, but have seen others use pushup bars and do handstand pushups.

As I said before, I need to get into pushups more....since I'm a "chest" guy. :)

Guest Rob Burgundy
Handstand pushups

Haha. I'm too clumsy and long for that but ill definitely try the others. Thanks again for the protein recommend,Ive been enjoying it and have seen some growth...it my be in my head but I feel like i'm noticing some.

Got my new hammer strength power rack pull up thing installed today. Tried a few muscleups, and they felt easier, but it could just be my imagination. Will go for a max set pretty soon, still resting my elbow a bit.

Got my new hammer strength power rack pull up thing installed today. Tried a few muscleups, and they felt easier, but it could just be my imagination. Will go for a max set pretty soon, still resting my elbow a bit.

Sweeeeeet! Finally!

Just hit an early AM back workout. Been trying to do pullups that alternate from pulling up toward my right hand, then all the way down, then up toward my left hand, etc. It's pretty tough - kind of a P90x-style variation of the "up, left, right, back, forward, down" pullup they do. Fun stuff.

Did chest last night and got 130's for 7, total of 10 reps with a spot. Good workout there too.

update: Up to about 224-225lbs right now, but feeling slightly fuller. A little slack on the diet lately with all the traveling we've been doing. This weekend is another trip and then we're done for at least a few weeks - should give me a chance to get serious and try to get to that ellusive 10% bf mark.

Just hit an early AM back workout. Been trying to do pullups that alternate from pulling up toward my right hand, then all the way down, then up toward my left hand, etc. It's pretty tough - kind of a P90x-style variation of the "up, left, right, back, forward, down" pullup they do. Fun stuff.

Did chest last night and got 130's for 7, total of 10 reps with a spot. Good workout there too.

update: Up to about 224-225lbs right now, but feeling slightly fuller. A little slack on the diet lately with all the traveling we've been doing. This weekend is another trip and then we're done for at least a few weeks - should give me a chance to get serious and try to get to that ellusive 10% bf mark.

Traveling sucks for staying consistent. Solid chest lifts.

4 days at the gym = sick every other week

Sucks because I think when I was doing 3 it wasn't quite enough.

I need to step my glutamine or stress/drink less..

4 days at the gym = sick every other week

Sucks because I think when I was doing 3 it wasn't quite enough.

I need to step my glutamine or stress/drink less..

How much sleep are you getting?

interval day.

Check out the consistency of speed and heart heart.

Screenshot2011-06-04at93054AM.png

Damn......nice TC. :)

So one of the few times you'll use a stationary bike, or can you monitor yourself on a real bike? I bet you have the tech for that, lol.