What did you do today?

topcabron

I'm been getting kinda lazy lately. Haven't been seeing the gains I want anymore. I don't want to get any bigger, and so I think that's preventing the quick gains. Trying to work out some stuff that I tend to get lazy about at the end of my work outs (abs, lower back.) Also want to gain some more overall endurance as opposed to just strength. I work out with my friend who is smaller than me, but a gymnast, so he gets me doing some pretty interesting/hard things. Some parts of him are insanely strong and he only weighs 55 kg. I can't do all the stuff he does, but some of it.

My weight (nude) is 155 lbs. I'm benching sets of 6 at 230, and maybe 4 at 240; french curls of 105 lbs; dips i do 20 with body weight, 10 with body weight + 45 lbs, 10 with body weight plus 65 lbs, 10 with body weight + 88 lbs, tried doing 132lbs but the weight belt was chafing my hips pretty bad with all that weight; shoulder press I do sets with 70lb dumbbells (unfortunately they don't have higher) and am rotating over to pull ups.

I need to work my legs out more, but they don't have a real squat rack! I hate their dumb smith machine with pulleys.

It's kinda funny being in China at the gym because I'm like one of the strongest people there. And at 155, I'm pretty skinny. I want to bench double my body weight purely because I think it would be a cool feat and it's not super common.

Hmm, I've never done muscle ups. Just googled... seems fun, but how do I do this without rings?

For someone who weighs 155, that's a pretty impressive bench, and if I recall correctly you're not short....nice job.

Squatting without a rack can be done if you can get access to those barbells that are made of plastic/rubber. That way you can drop them on the floor if you have to. In truth, squatting can be done without a rack in general as long as you're careful with the weight you choose.

A good squat workout isn't all about squatting 300 lbs....it can very well be a lot of "air squats", which are squats without any weights.

As for muscleups without rings...I agree that that would be the ideal. They can be done with a regular pull up bar....see videos of VBOX doing them on previous pages.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I'm been getting kinda lazy lately. Haven't been seeing the gains I want anymore. I don't want to get any bigger, and so I think that's preventing the quick gains. Trying to work out some stuff that I tend to get lazy about at the end of my work outs (abs, lower back.) Also want to gain some more overall endurance as opposed to just strength. I work out with my friend who is smaller than me, but a gymnast, so he gets me doing some pretty interesting/hard things. Some parts of him are insanely strong and he only weighs 55 kg. I can't do all the stuff he does, but some of it.

My weight (nude) is 155 lbs. I'm benching sets of 6 at 230, and maybe 4 at 240; french curls of 105 lbs; dips i do 20 with body weight, 10 with body weight + 45 lbs, 10 with body weight plus 65 lbs, 10 with body weight + 88 lbs, tried doing 132lbs but the weight belt was chafing my hips pretty bad with all that weight; shoulder press I do sets with 70lb dumbbells (unfortunately they don't have higher) and am rotating over to pull ups.

I need to work my legs out more, but they don't have a real squat rack! I hate their dumb smith machine with pulleys.

It's kinda funny being in China at the gym because I'm like one of the strongest people there. And at 155, I'm pretty skinny. I want to bench double my body weight purely because I think it would be a cool feat and it's not super common.

Hmm, I've never done muscle ups. Just googled... seems fun, but how do I do this without rings?

Heres me doing 7 muscle ups

Today I did, 39 dips, 20 pullups, 42 pushups, 5 muscle ups in 15:52, compared to last time where I got 35, 20, 40, 4 in 18 minutes. Man I am tired....

Very nice.

What's the most dips you can do without stopping?

Yesterday I attempted to do a rope climb......f*** hard!!

First you have to grab some rope and dead hang from it while you move your legs and feet around the rope. The idea is to wrap the rope around your feet in a way that you're basically standing on the rope. From there you pull yourself up, and then reset the rope.

In theory it's not so bad, but just dead hanging on the rope was hard. The idea isn't to just continuously pull yourself up with your arms and upper body, but to get the technique down.

With all the struggle of dead hanging it seems like it will be awhile before I ever get one successful climb done.

Like muscleups, another exercise that's easier said than done:

How much do you weigh, vbox?

I'm not sure if I have a bar that I can do those muscleups on. I'll have to check. Nice music btw haha. I think the biggest perk of having your own gym is not having to listen to gym music ;)

Yesterday I attempted to do a rope climb......f*** hard!!

Having boots like that helps a lot too, I think. The larger/more curved the S portion of the rope, the easier it will be.

Having boots like that helps a lot too, I think. The larger/more curved the S portion of the rope, the easier it will be.

Try a rope climb with whatever shoes/boots you want....it won't be easy unless you have experience.

Guest Rob Burgundy
Heres me doing 7 muscle ups

Thats nuts..nice job

Try a rope climb with whatever shoes/boots you want....it won't be easy unless you have experience.

I dunno. I used to climb to the top of gym ceiling in school. It wasn't hard and I don't think I used this foot method, or at least not knowingly. I'm pretty sure we wore socks too. Then again, I only weigh 155, so pulling my weight upward isn't that hard. Maybe it's harder if you are actually trying to do it right and not just get up it?

Tried doing muscleups. Couldn't do any at all. I can easily do pull ups and get above the bar, but I can't figure out how to get above it on an angle to where I could push my arms down. I guess I need to figure out the swing/momentum motion. Can't really tell what vbox is doing from the straight forward camera shot. Suggestions?

Took a downgrade to Cat 3 5 years ago when I got fat and out of shape working 80+ hours a week slinging Lamborghini product. Most of the races I have done recently are NRC races that have a Pro-1 category and a 2/3 category. I have enough points to cat back up to a 2, just not sure I want to do it. But, since I can race as a Master now (old man for the layman), I might just get my Cat 2 license back so I can do some of the bigger stuff later in the year.

Anyone who can do well in 3 and hold their own in 2 is still fcuking fast and in shape in my book. :icon_thumleft:

Crazy. :lol2: :icon_super:

Haha, thanks. I used to think doing a lot of dips was easy until I realized I needed to go down farther for them to be real reps. I am trying to work my way up to 60 in 1 set, 21 more to go....

Tried doing muscleups. Couldn't do any at all. I can easily do pull ups and get above the bar, but I can't figure out how to get above it on an angle to where I could push my arms down. I guess I need to figure out the swing/momentum motion. Can't really tell what vbox is doing from the straight forward camera shot. Suggestions?

The transition is the hardest part, and watching them done successfully on a video makes them look easy. They arent easy. Even if you have the strength it takes a good amount of practice and technique to perform them. Speaking from experience, it's also very easy to injury yourself when learning and trying to do them. I uploaded the video again with a side view.

Today I did, 39 dips, 20 pullups, 42 pushups, 5 muscle ups in 15:52, compared to last time where I got 35, 20, 40, 4 in 18 minutes. Man I am tired....

Each thing was done in 1 set, so it was 1 set of 39 dips, followed by 1 set of 20 pullups, followed by 1 set of 42 pushups, and followed by 1 set of 5 muscle ups.

Almost had 8 Aaron!

You will get 10 by the end of summer for sure...

Thanks man. I havent been doing a lot of them for the past couple of weeks, but I am going to start back soon. I have been working on dips, pullups, and pushups, so I hope that means I have improved my reps already.

Haha, thanks. I used to think doing a lot of dips was easy until I realized I needed to go down farther for them to be real reps. I am trying to work my way up to 60 in 1 set, 21 more to go....

Okay, so what would you consider a "real" dip rep?

Okay, so what would you consider a "real" dip rep?

IMO it is shoulder parallel with the bar.

Any lower for me, I start to injure my shoulder joints and tendons.

Yep, agreed. I'll have to see how many dips I can do next time I'm doing chest or arms. I have a feeling I'll be able to get about 25. Find out soon enough.