There is big trouble in them there hills!

Allan-Herbie

From the comments from owners and people who can actually afford the car on the board, Lambo seems to be heading towards "Aston Martin" territory from a design standpoint. Their overall cosmetics are too homogenous throughout their model line.

With Ferrari there is no mistake, you instantly know if what you're looking at is a 599 or 458.

With Lambo even sportscar guys have to do a double take as their brain tries to figure out if what they're looking at is a Gallardo/Murcie/LP700/whatever...just like most of us do whenever a Vantage/DB9/DBS rolls by.

Also, the generational design element changes from CT to Diablo, and Diablo to Murcie, were much more dramatic than it appears the change from Murcie to LP700 is going to be.

No one is advocating moving away from the wedge, I don't want to see Ferrari's compound curves on an L-car, but it may be time to start taking some risks from a design perspective.

You'd think that for a company that 'prides' on having cars that are raw, passionate etc, they would take more design risks. Bentley, Porsche, Audi already do it for brand recognition, my guess is they're trying the same thing here..

• Replies 579
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've seen the lp700 and I would still take a 458 Scuderia/Stradale over it any damn day.

mmmm i don't know what's going on in here this is a lambo forum but from some reason alot of people here are hating the new car :eusa_think:

well if you loved the murcie you should love this

1- the murcie didn't have the look over the diablo , and this does have the look over the murcie

2- the murcie wasn't that much better than the diablo , and this is way better than the murcie

3- the murcie had the same chassis the same engine the same interior , in the other hand everything in the lp700 is new

so what's the problem here ?

mmmm i don't know what's going on in here this is a lambo forum but from some reason alot of people here are hating the new car :eusa_think:

well if you loved the murcie you should love this

1- the murcie didn't have the look over the diablo , and this does have the look over the murcie

2- the murcie wasn't that much better than the diablo , and this is way better than the murcie

3- the murcie had the same chassis the same engine the same interior , in the other hand everything in the lp700 is new

so what's the problem here ?

All of that is true, I agree. But it doesn't mean that someone else isn't doing it as well, or better, even with those improvements.

Style is subjective, everyone has their favorite and it's open to debate. Technology and value is not subjective for the most part, and can be judged more easily.

I'm happy with the LP700 personally, but I can see how others find it lacking. I think that like the Murcie it will evolve over time, and whatever improvements they do to it as it ages will be well received.

I just wish that it was world-beating, and that's what many of the diehards are having a tough time with as it's not.

All of that is true, I agree. But it doesn't mean that someone else isn't doing it as well, or better, even with those improvements.

Style is subjective, everyone has their favorite and it's open to debate. Technology and value is not subjective for the most part, and can be judged more easily.

I'm happy with the LP700 personally, but I can see how others find it lacking. I think that like the Murcie it will evolve over time, and whatever improvements they do to it as it ages will be well received.

I just wish that it was world-beating, and that's what many of the diehards are having a tough time with as it's not.

Well nobody tested the car yet and the acceleration figures are not out yet .

Before the mclaren released the figure 90% of the members hated the car but now it's the other way around

So we have to wait before judging .