There is big trouble in them there hills!

Allan-Herbie

This is not the saddest part, trust me. Wait until the MP4-12C and 458 Scuderia are both on the streets, battling for the "world's greatest sports car" title, and Lambo is washing jockstraps in the locker room because their entry into this segment is goddamned 9 years old by that time....

:eusa_wall: :eusa_wall:

Wait, there's no official new entry level Lambo in the next 2-3 years??

• Replies 579
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Look forward to seeing what the LP700 does do, how it looks, and ultimately, I have a feeling they will produce far more than the 4,000 and change Murcies they made. The pricepoint is better than the Murcie, and they understandibly should produce more to fund future cars. Looking forward to seeing what a 740hp SV will be in the 2-3 year horizon.

Also, they can do significant body changes, throw in a 5.5-5.7 liter V-10 at 600+hp, improve/change interior/ergonomics/technology, engineer a DSG gearbox for it, and it will compete with both cars stock vs. Stock. Use the existing chassis. The diablo chassis was used for 20 years. I see them doing the same with the G.

Look forward to seeing what the LP700 does do, how it looks, and ultimately, I have a feeling they will produce far more than the 4,000 and change Murcies they made. The pricepoint is better than the Murcie, and they understandibly should produce more to fund future cars. Looking forward to seeing what a 740hp SV will be in the 2-3 year horizon.

SV will always come in at the END of the model range, not in the first 2-3 years..

This is not the saddest part, trust me. Wait until the MP4-12C and 458 Scuderia are both on the streets, battling for the "world's greatest sports car" title, and Lambo is washing jockstraps in the locker room because their entry into this segment is goddamned 9 years old by that time....

:eusa_wall: :eusa_wall:

the 458 scuderia will have the same price as the lp700 :rolleyes:

the 458 scuderia will have the same price as the lp700 :rolleyes:

And it will out perform it and hold it's value better over the years. Now that's a sad thought.

And it will out perform it and hold it's value better over the years. Now that's a sad thought.

If it will out perform it then it will out perform their new flagship and that will never happen

What was the price of the scud in the us

i think its 280k when it was new, im not sure though im' having a hard time verifying that though

i think its 280k when it was new, im not sure though im' having a hard time verifying that though

Well as I remember Webster said in some of his post that it was selling for 300+

Ive seen Scuds down around 180 - 190.

i meant when they were new

so yea if the scud price was 300+ , the new 458 scud will have almost the same price as the lp700

i meant when they were new

so yea if the scud price was 300+ , the new 458 scud will have almost the same price as the lp700

Only after markup..

Allan,

Congratulations :icon_super: .

You and Jane Fonda, have something in common :icon_mrgreen:

I've seen the lp700 and I would still take a 458 Scuderia/Stradale over it any damn day.

From the comments from owners and people who can actually afford the car on the board, Lambo seems to be heading towards "Aston Martin" territory from a design standpoint. Their overall cosmetics are too homogenous throughout their model line.

With Ferrari there is no mistake, you instantly know if what you're looking at is a 599 or 458.

With Lambo even sportscar guys have to do a double take as their brain tries to figure out if what they're looking at is a Gallardo/Murcie/LP700/whatever...just like most of us do whenever a Vantage/DB9/DBS rolls by.

Also, the generational design element changes from CT to Diablo, and Diablo to Murcie, were much more dramatic than it appears the change from Murcie to LP700 is going to be.

No one is advocating moving away from the wedge, I don't want to see Ferrari's compound curves on an L-car, but it may be time to start taking some risks from a design perspective.