Countach exhaust system

Bartman12

Wolf cars were modded by factory

there is a line btw improving-upgrading the car and totally transform it and anyone has his idea of what is good or not

would i change muffler, headers, marelli boxes, sparck cables ...? yes

woud i change my engine for a diablo one? no

would i change a countach from carbs to FI or viceversa? i am not sure...may be

it is not i am right or wrong, anyone has his personal preference

I dont think Id put a diablo engine in a countach or switch to FI from carbs, just because I think youre asking for more problems than its worth.

Im generally a fan of "if it aint broke dont fix it" but lets face it... A lot of things on these cars came from lamborghini BROKE... or that just werent meant to last 20 years (MAGNETO MARELLI), and now its easy to replace them with something that will.

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I don't think a diablo engine will fit anyway... The tranny section too large... But if someone was crazy enough to hot rod the car, its their prerogative and their personal inclination. No need to stake anyone...reality is that anyone in the market for an exotic is either a speed junky or someone that wants unique on top of of unique. And I wouldn't knock on any of them because of it...

Here you are RomanD:

Ansa:

QS:

Ricers... (for Allan) :icon_mrgreen:

I like the ricer one.

Here you are RomanD:

Ansa:

QS:

Ricers... (for Allan) :icon_mrgreen:

red QV's ANSA is the stock big box...not the sport one

I don't think a diablo engine will fit anyway... The tranny section too large... But if someone was crazy enough to hot rod the car, its their prerogative and their personal inclination. No need to stake anyone...reality is that anyone in the market for an exotic is either a speed junky or someone that wants unique on top of of unique. And I wouldn't knock on any of them because of it...

i think it will. it is just a matter of modify something here and there but countach diablo drivetrains are not so far apart in dimensions

i am not going to experiment in this direction but i had seen 5.2 engines with diablos induction and if the countach would not be worth already 150k$ and more for a good car we would have probably seen a diablo engine countach already

i am not sayng this is wright and this is wrong....anyone can do what he likes with his cars as well as any other items

just sayng anyone has his idea of what is nice, beautiful, tastefull or not

i think it will. it is just a matter of modify something here and there but countach diablo drivetrains are not so far apart in dimensions

i am not going to experiment in this direction but i had seen 5.2 engines with diablos induction and if the countach would not be worth already 150k$ and more for a good car we would have probably seen a diablo engine countach already

i am not sayng this is wright and this is wrong....anyone can do what he likes with his cars as well as any other items

just sayng anyone has his idea of what is nice, beautiful, tastefull or not

I talked to chad who has tried a mock up and he indicated the front on the tranny would require the chassis to be cut. However, that would compromise the structure itself...

Agree with most of what you have said, although I don't think there is anything wrong with making changes, especially if Lamborghini might have done the same if they had only had the money.

I am still surprised that Lamborghini didn't change to 17" wheels (and the bigger brakes they would have allowed) when they became available.

I am getting some 17" wheels made, as I want to fit better brakes, and I'm fed-up with the tyre situation

Lamborghini disliked the wing so much, its amazing that they didn't improve it, (possibly because it wasn't homologated?)

I've removed my wing, and would only replace it with a less-draggy variant

Lamborghini did (eventually) change to fuel injection, I don't know much about the different carbs, except that I struggled to find anyone who could set them up properly.

I have recently gone further and replaced my DD carbs with Jenvey throttlebodies, although you can't see any visual difference as I've kept the original inlet manifold & airbox (they are effectively a direct swap). I also changed to coil packs and mapped ignition at the same time, because my Distributor was on the way out (and damned expensive to replace), but primarily because fuel is so damned expensive over here (£1.43 a litre), and I'm hoping to improve my running costs as well as gain a few more Bulls under the bonnet....

I have a sports exhaust, I don't know which one, although it looks like the QS/Ansa, so the only change I would make is the headers as I believe (rightly or wrongly) that they can be improved on (better flow/bhp etc)

We're all fans of the Countach so its no surprise we have strong opinions, but I respect the opinion of any owners (those who drive them, at least...), we are all friends on here...... :icon_pidu:

Pretty cool stuff. I would love to see more of what you have done. My thought is the body stays stock, but the rest of the car is ok, as long as it's not a permanent hack job.

Countach5.7 I just looked on the Jenvey website, wow, that stuff is awesome. Curious as to what a complete set up cost to install?

If you are worried about the exhaust just keep a stock exhaust in a box and throw whatever aftermarket exhaust you want on your CT. When you sell the car you have both options for the buyer.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey all,

Just wanted drop a quick message here to let you all know that Larini does a real nice Sport Muffler System with slash cut tip that includes Link Pipes and also does a set of Sports Manifolds. Their craftsmanship and quality is one of the best around.

www.lariniusa.com/lamborghini_countach.html

Feel free to give us a call if you've got any questions (702) 430-1040.

Thanks

Cyril

Hey all,

Just wanted drop a quick message here to let you all know that Larini does a real nice Sport Muffler System with slash cut tip that includes Link Pipes and also does a set of Sports Manifolds. Their craftsmanship and quality is one of the best around.

www.lariniusa.com/lamborghini_countach.html

Any videos?