Middle East and North Africa

capt_chaos

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just after landing r722515_5752099.jpg

Too bad they dont fly F-16s... The irony would be too much for me....

maltese_falcon.JPG

Don't play amateur detective. None of us know the standard loadout config of some Libyan Air Force plane. :icon_thumleft:

We'll wait until confirmation comes in from reliable sources that provide more details about what occurred. Until then it's simply a defection by pilots to Malta.

And for anyone thinking this some Libyan or Khadaffi sympathy, you couldn't be more wrong. It's just about not playing the "OMG OMG OMG DID YOU GUYS HEAR WHAT HAPPENED???" game that the major media seems to play all too quickly now just to get page views. :icon_mrgreen:

Well, even if you disregard this particular report of "Air Force dropping Bombs", it has been reported by credible sources, BBC, NOR etc., that at least two hundred people have been shot dead in Libya.

It's not about playing "OMG OMG" whatever game, it's about discussing what's happening and staying informed.

The entire region is in the middle of chaos, it's no secret :)

How is the environment there in Kuwait?

well in kuwait it's still stable but there are some moves here and there

as for bahrain the problem there is because of people that immigrated from iran so i don't know if iran is the one who's pulling the trigger here :eusa_think:

and as for libya

for god sake that guy need to be killed ( alghadhafi )

he is stealing the oil money since 1968-1969 when he ruled libya and

43 years libya sells oil and he take the money 43 years !

and as for libya

for god sake that guy need to be killed ( alghadhafi )

he is stealing the oil money since 1968-1969 when he ruled libya and

43 years libya sells oil and he take the money 43 years !

Hey- We tried... We dropped a fcuking house on his head in 86.... The whole fcuking world, from the UN to Lionel fcuking Richie gave us shit over it.....

Well, even if you disregard this particular report of "Air Force dropping Bombs", it has been reported by credible sources, BBC, NOR etc., that at least two hundred people have been shot dead in Libya.

It's not about playing "OMG OMG" whatever game, it's about discussing what's happening and staying informed.

The entire region is in the middle of chaos, it's no secret :)

You're there on the ground? Cool, cool, so give us some updates if you can, thanks.

"Confirmation" is not the same as "being whored out on the BBC as true, when there is no information beyond blogs reporting it".

There is NO confirmation on the ORIGINAL STORY we're talking about here, which is that Libyan Air Force jets bombed their own people and then fled to Malta.

None.

Your "200 people dead" has no bearing, that is a seperate story ALSO in need of CONFIRMATION.

It really is amazing how journalist standards have fallen, anyone under 30 just has no clue whatsoever on how to determine is something is real, or simply a story being repeated endlessly. I guess that really is the the Internet generation at play, all you have to do is post up theory and they take it as fact. :icon_mrgreen:

Nothing is true until it's confirmed. In this case, nothing is confirmed beyond "reports". If you listen CLOSELY as the journalists covering the story reports you'll hear the usual disclaimers like: "We're hearing..." "Unconfirmed sources say..." "Sources on the ground say..." etc.

Those are clues that official confirmation hasn't yet been given on a story. They're outs basically.

Our heart goes out to any family affected by this insane tyrant, that much is certain. :icon_thumleft:

Hey- We tried... We dropped a fcuking house on his head in 86.... The whole fcuking world, from the UN to Lionel fcuking Richie gave us shit over it.....

As I recall we clipped one of his daughters...he learned his lesson after that...until now.

So close...

As I recall we clipped one of his daughters...he learned his lesson after that...until now.

So close...

Rumor at the time was that he ran down to the local morgue, found a stiff infant and adopted her post mortem....

Rumor at the time was that he ran down to the local morgue, found a stiff infant and adopted her post mortem....

He might have! :lol2:

Wishing you well, q8ylambo... Keep us posted.

Oil prices are up again!! Or rather, have gone up even more....

:iamwithstupid:

Thanks , I hope nothing happens here

Well atleast something good happened ( oil prices ) :P

I thought Kuwat was quite stable, so much so that our prime minister is heading out there.

Well yea it's pretty stable in here but as I said there are some moves here and there .

You know some people doesn't deserve what they have : no taxes , cheap fual , schools and university for free , hospitals for free

And today 22 of February our prince will give every Kuwaiti 3000$

Celebration of 50 years of freedom 20 years after Iraq wars and 5 since he ruled .

I don't know what more do they want :/

Thanks , I hope nothing happens here

Well atleast something good happened ( oil prices ) :P

Well yea it's pretty stable in here but as I said there are some moves here and there .

You know some people doesn't deserve what they have : no taxes , cheap fual , schools and university for free , hospitals for free

And today 22 of February our prince will give every Kuwaiti 3000$

Celebration of 50 years of freedom 20 years after Iraq wars and 5 since he ruled .

I don't know what more do they want :/

Freedom.

Gadhafi just accused US planes of firing on libyan civilians...

His speech is batshit crazy.

News source for that one please as none of the major news sources I can see are leading with that.

Freedom.

Look where it got Mel Gibson.

News source for that one please as none of the major news sources I can see are leading with that.

Look where it got Mel Gibson.

His own mouth. I watched the speech this morning on cnn.

Can you link to that?

The only thing I can find regarding that

From CNN

The 68-year-old, who has been in power for nearly 42 years, spoke from a compound that the United States bombed in 1986, the Jamahiriya News Agency of Libya reported. The United States attacked the compound after it implicated Libya in a bombing in West Berlin that resulted in the death of a U.S. service member.

From BBC

But it was apparently filmed at his Bab al-Azizia barracks in Tripoli, which still shows damage from a US bombing in 1986. The cameras occasionally cut away to an image of a giant fist crushing a US war plane.

From Al Jaazera

Gaddafi, clad in brown robes and turban, spoke on Tuesday from a podium set up in the entrance of a bombed-out building that appeared to be his Tripoli residence hit by US air raids in the 1980s and left unrepaired as a monument of defiance.

&

"I have not yet ordered the use of force, not yet ordered one bullet to be fired ... when I do, everything will burn."

I would really expect those sources to lead on that.

well we have freedom here in kuwait

Yes kuwait is better than most country's in the region, but if you think your free dye your hair pink, put a dress on, convert to christianity and try to buy an an AR-15 and then tell me how free you are. I'm not trying to pick a fight just trying to present a differnt point of view.

Yes kuwait is better than most country's in the region, but if you think your free dye your hair pink, put a dress on, convert to christianity and try to buy an an AR-15 and then tell me how free you are. I'm not trying to pick a fight just trying to present a differnt point of view.

I can't do that (not for the lack of trying) and I am sure many members in Cali cannot either.