7.2 quake rocks japan

Roman

Here in LA they tell us an 8 magnitutde would pretty much be the apocolypse. From observation of human behavior here, this is probably from human stampedes and not buildings falling. The Japanese live under this ever present threat and have their shit together, so I applaude them. They know how to search, what to do properly, and emergency organization.

a very good point, its very good they also have such strict building codes for such disasters. My thoughts go out to those this impacts

from a shipping yard

japan-earthquake-vehicle-shipping-yard.jpg

• Replies 473
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

a very good point, its very good they also have such strict building codes for such disasters. My thoughts go out to those this impacts

from a shipping yard

japan-earthquake-vehicle-shipping-yard.jpg

A lot of Japan's buildings are designed to withstand earthquakes, but they can't be designed to withstand a tsunami, which is where the vast amount of destruction will come from.

Latest report is that Radioactive vapour is to be released from one of the power stations in order to relieve build-up of pressure.

The airforce is flying coolant to the nuclear plant, they say though the cooling system is not overloaded its just a precautionary measure.

Some damage from Tsunami in Hawaii and California. Coast guard searching for man swept out to sea in California.

Some damage from Tsunami in Hawaii and California. Coast guard searching for man swept out to sea in California.

That doesn't surprise me... Did you see pictures of the morons waiting to "greet" the waves on the California coastline?

USGS people just said the entire island moved east 2.3 meters or 8 feet.

Expensive GPS and sat imaging confirms.

That is insane. I have been watching CNN and Fox News all day. The devastation is unreal.

The airforce is flying coolant to the nuclear plant, they say though the cooling system is not overloaded its just a precautionary measure.

Buddy of mine works in the nuclear industry (engineer) and he said all the news on the nuke plant issue is total bullshit and doesn't make sense what so ever.

And flying even a C130 load of coolant would be the equivalent of wringing a washcloth into your car radiator. Those things flow something like 6000 gallons per minute with a total volume over a million gallons.

Buddy of mine works in the nuclear industry (engineer) and he said all the news on the nuke plant issue is total bullshit and doesn't make sense what so ever.

And flying even a C130 load of coolant would be the equivalent of wringing a washcloth into your car radiator. Those things flow something like 6000 gallons per minute with a total volume over a million gallons.

Interesting you should say this....

This morning when I heard that I thought to myself "Well.... There goes ANY chance of us adopting the most LOGICAL and COST EFFECTIVE, alternative energy source, as oil prices go higher and higher"

This morning when I heard that I thought to myself "Well.... There goes ANY chance of us adopting the most LOGICAL and COST EFFECTIVE, alternative energy source, as oil prices go higher and higher"

I had the same thoughts.

That's EXACTLY what I thought. Three Mile Island Part II.

Yeah, notice the only people flapping their cunts on the news are anti-nuke activists like Ed Lyman. Heaven forbid if they wanted the truth they just pickup the phone and call westinghouse or one of the other companies that build and operate them.

The people who are so scared of them really have no idea how ridiculously safe they are, and the insane level of redundant safety measures and backup systems which are in place.

6.6 earthquake just hit last few minutes in japan, new tsunami warning according to cnbc right now

USGS has detected over 20 separate events of magnitude 6+ over the last 24 hours, and close to 50 events in total. I guess it's that time of month for Mother Nature.

Latest report is that Radioactive vapour is to be released from one of the power stations in order to relieve build-up of pressure.

Normal radiation exposure from power generation is less than background, ie from naturally occurring isotopes or the sun. And even at 1000 times the "normal" radiation exposure, I have trouble imaging it would be substantially more than the exposure resulting from a dozen x-rays at a doctor's office.

On Bill O'Reilly's show, he had a geologist on who said that a part of the U.S., in the Pacific Northwest I think, is vulnerable to a quake exactly like this. He said the last one was 311 years ago, in 1700, and that these quakes occur every 300 to 500 years, so geologically, we should be getting one any time as well.

On Bill O'Reilly's show, he had a geologist on who said that a part of the U.S., in the Pacific Northwest I think, is vulnerable to a quake exactly like this. He said the last one was 311 years ago, in 1700, and that these quakes occur every 300 to 500 years, so geologically, we should be getting one any time as well.

They have also been saying that the massive volcano underneath Yellowstone has been due to erupt for over 200 years....From what i have seen they say stuff like this just so that they can say "see we told you". You gotta remember that the only way they can get publicity is to say the extreme if you say o yeah nothing should happen in the near future you aren't gonna get published anywhere where as if you say we are due for a massive (8.0+ quake) then yeah peoples ears perk up and you have a story. While I dont discount the fact that it has been quite a while i take what they say in the media with a grain of salt (especially anything said on O'Reilly)

I can't even imagine that... The videos are insane, people couldn't even stand up!

I would have gotten sea sick.

I've watched videos inside the buildings, the shake so bad that everything came off the walls but there were no cracks in the walls, I am absolutely amazed by that, the Japanese are certainly the best equipped to deal with earthquakes.

If it wasn't for the horrible tsunami they would've been back at work today.

My prayers go out to all those affected, our family and friends over there are all good.