Grigio Telesto SV on ebay

F_Industries

Nice but you would get the Aventador for that money plus some change.

Probably what the seller is planning on doing.

Guest Rob Burgundy

My favorite SV next to the Rosso andromeda SV.

But unless you are someone like Roy who is in love with the SV and sees it Potentially holding value as a collector car I would think it's silly to spend 25k more for this then you could have an Aventador for less with lots of new gizmos.

Way over priced! Dreamer!

I agree with Roy, that for the collector, this car will have a premium. But I think that will be a tough market as most will look at the Aventador and say, for the same money (or less) I can ride in the new stuff. The SV is special for sure and deserves respect for the pinnacle of the Murcie line. God, I was so in the market for one but I suspect many are like me and will spring from the new ride instead.

For all the criticism of the LP 700-4, as one who has seen it at the preview in NYC, at the Geneva Motor Show and lastly at the factory just last week, I will tell you, this new ride has presence and character to die for and is certainly a great platform on which to build.

I agree with Roy, that for the collector, this car will have a premium. But I think that will be a tough market as most will look at the Aventador and say, for the same money (or less) I can ride in the new stuff. The SV is special for sure and deserves respect for the pinnacle of the Murcie line. God, I was so in the market for one but I suspect many are like me and will spring from the new ride instead.

For all the criticism of the LP 700-4, as one who has seen it at the preview in NYC, at the Geneva Motor Show and lastly at the factory just last week, I will tell you, this new ride has presence and character to die for and is certainly a great platform on which to build.

As with nearly all other collectibles, first they must depreciate. There is no way pricing on SVs is going anywhere but down for the foreseeable future. For now, it's not seen as the pinnacle of the Murci line, but simply the most expensive edition of yesterday's news. The same is happening with the 16M, the same will happen with the 599 GTO and the same will happen in ten years when Lambo unveils the "Aventador LP820-4 SV VT 8.2 Feruccio Gold Edition" as the pinnacle of the Aventador line... :D

As with nearly all other collectibles, first they must depreciate. There is no way pricing on SVs is going anywhere but down for the foreseeable future. For now, it's not seen as the pinnacle of the Murci line, but simply the most expensive edition of yesterday's news. The same is happening with the 16M, the same will happen with the 599 GTO and the same will happen in ten years when Lambo unveils the "Aventador LP820-4 SV VT 8.2 Feruccio Gold Edition" as the pinnacle of the Aventador line... :D

I am not sure I disagree, which is why I think the $450K asking price is fairytale land... Roy or others, might contest this... At the end of the day, if a buyer wants it really badly, it will be worth that price.

Awesome looking car. Telesto is a great color on the SV and any Murcielago. I was a bit surprised to see this one pop up. I sold a Telesto car with yellow stitching and calipers to another guy in Massachusetts but this is not the same car. He actually put 3,000 miles on it the first weekend he owned it. Very impressive. To my knowledge the only other Telesto SV in the US is the press car.

well, for me..WHO the FRIK cares what the value is..if you want investment, go buy GOLD!

I just took my SV in for the 15K major..and think what you want but it WILL KICK A S S on the 700, and I will put pink slip to that.

Sure some say new is better, but not always.

Lets re-visit this in say 12 months..and percentage wise see which car has lost more against its MSRP..

670-4SV shorter, less weight, not as tall, AND the LAST of the real 6 speed 3 pedal car....10 years from now..you can get 700 cars all day long...but a TRUE 670-4SV yea it wll be the same as the last of the great DIABLO 6.0 cars....

AND if not, who cares I have enjoyed the HELL out of this car with not a single issue to date..lets see if we can say the same about a first year run production car.

well, for me..WHO the FRIK cares what the value is..if you want investment, go buy GOLD!

I just took my SV in for the 15K major..and think what you want but it WILL KICK A S S on the 700, and I will put pink slip to that.

Sure some say new is better, but not always.

Lets re-visit this in say 12 months..and percentage wise see which car has lost more against its MSRP..

670-4SV shorter, less weight, not as tall, AND the LAST of the real 6 speed 3 pedal car....10 years from now..you can get 700 cars all day long...but a TRUE 670-4SV yea it wll be the same as the last of the great DIABLO 6.0 cars....

AND if not, who cares I have enjoyed the HELL out of this car with not a single issue to date..lets see if we can say the same about a first year run production car.

Realistically, the value of the LP670-4's are not dependent upon the opinions of people not in the market for the car, but for the people who are in the market for the car. If Roy thinks it's worth more than the LP700-4, and Roy is actively seeking out additional examples, then it is worth whatever Roy is willing to shell out for the car.

So long as there are people like Roy out there who 1. have money, 2. want an LP670-4, 3. don't already own one, their prices will remain high.

As has long been said, once you're going 0-60 in anything under 4 seconds, whether the LP700-4 is faster or not is irrelevant. All that matters is that 351 people who think like Roy exist, and the LP670-4 will keep its value.

The more I look at that and the more I see of the Aventabortion the more I find myself agreeing with Roy. :shocked: :lol2:

This one in particular is absolutely stunning in that color, and yeah the price is up there, but I'd take this over the new one any day!

The more I look at that and the more I see of the Aventabortion the more I find myself agreeing with Roy. :shocked: :lol2:

This one in particular is absolutely stunning in that color, and yeah the price is up there, but I'd take this over the new one any day!

Too bad you're not in the market, and therefore do not effect the market value of either car:P

Too bad you're not in the market, and therefore do not effect the market value of either car:P

And who the fcuk are you and how do you know what I'm in the market for? :eusa_think:

• 1 month later...

I absolutely love this car and it will hold value. If you love the color and want the SV then you do not have much of a choice of what to pay other than what the seller will sell it for. It's not like their are 50 of these cars in this color...I think their is only three SV's in this color. This is definitely a color I would own!

If you did not put money down on an Aventador yet then you are not going to get one for a year anyway from what I have heard...and that is if you are lucky. Who knows, we will know within the next 12 months.

I absolutely love this car and it will hold value. If you love the color and want the SV then you do not have much of a choice of what to pay other than what the seller will sell it for.

Somewhat true, but you're making a pretty huge assumption that someone actually wants it. Unless they're a collector for the sake of collecting (and doesn't already have one,) I don't think many non-owners will be so quick to drop $400K on it given what else is going to be available very soon for the same, if not less.

I wouldn't want to be in the business of selling SV's right now.

• 2 weeks later...