Sesto Elemento confirmed

TRANSAMERA

Cough....cough.....cough...uhhhhhh...Bullshit.

Car will never pass US regulations and they don't have the money nor the amount of cars needed to go through all the DOT and EPA regulations.

God that thing is awesome. Is it even legal in the US? And can it be registered for the road?

It will be considered track use only, otherwise a collectors pass around.

Haters of it should realize the G replacement will have a lot of elements of it's styling.

its a shame the DOT refuses to certify almost all carbon fiber seats

i'm not saying thats the only reason this car wont be road legal, but just a general complaint i have

It will be considered track use only, otherwise a collectors pass around.

Haters of it should realize the G replacement will have a lot of elements of it's styling.

There is no such thing as track use only.

You can't bring in a Zonda and say track use only.

Race cars are just that and the DOT is not stupid.

For a car to come into the US and be sold to a public buyer it has to go through all the DOT/EPA regulations. This car will never come close in its current form.

There is no such thing as track use only.

You can't bring in a Zonda and say track use only.

Race cars are just that and the DOT is not stupid.

For a car to come into the US and be sold to a public buyer it has to go through all the DOT/EPA regulations. This car will never come close in its current form.

You know better than me. I guess it'd be for show only then. I was just posting what I'd read online about it being track legal only. Still, I wonder if anyone would buy it at 2.5-3 million?

Newport said they have one coming, I wonder if they ordered it or if it's been ordered by a collector?

God that thing is hideous. Is it even legal in the US? And can it be registered for the road?

Am I the only one that thinks the Sesto Elemento is HOTT SEX ON WHEELS? The clap AND the risk of AIDS wouldn't stop me from hitting that.

Am I the only one that thinks the Sesto Elemento is HOTT SEX ON WHEELS? The clap AND the risk of AIDS wouldn't stop me from hitting that.

I WOULD HIT IT WITH YOU! TAG TEAM!

You can bring a Sesto into the US, but it has to be on a racing schedule. Specific events that it'll compete in and then it has to leave when those events are over. That's how they bring in the Audi R15's etc. But yeah, it doesn't work for someone who just wants a track day car.

You can bring a Sesto into the US, but it has to be on a racing schedule. Specific events that it'll compete in and then it has to leave when those events are over. That's how they bring in the Audi R15's etc. But yeah, it doesn't work for someone who just wants a track day car.

Couldn't you just do a continuing schedule? If, lets say, you wanted your HH into the US, then create fictional schedule spanning 1 or 2 years, and the renew it? Or take it back to Spain, and then import it again on a new schedule? Can that be done?

How tight are they on the definition of "specific events", and is there a time limit?

Meaning that if someone claimed they're starting their own racing series by just renting out their local track once a month (and maintained that rental indefinitely) would the regulatory body be able to do anything?

Wouldn't be too much of a strecth for someone capable of paying the ticket on a Zonda R or this Sesto Elemento or any other seven-figure exotic that isn't street legal and then making it a pseudo-legal track toy through track rentals until they get bored with it...

Couldn't you just do a continuing schedule? If, lets say, you wanted your HH into the US, then create fictional schedule spanning 1 or 2 years, and the renew it? Or take it back to Spain, and then import it again on a new schedule? Can that be done?

Exactly, this was my thought as well, but I took it a step further. With that wealth level you could do track rentals indefinitely and call it a "series" that never ends...they must have a time limit or some other form of limit.

We have been told by the factory that up to 10 cars will be built world-wide, and up to 3 of those have been reserved for the United States. This car will NOT be street legal, and is not intended to be a regular production vehicle. It will be brought into the states on a "show & display" and/or "track use" permit. Not sure the exact terminology and/or process of how the factory is bringing these special Lamborghinis into the US. The car was designed and intended to be a light-weight track monster! Cost is 1.5M Euro and are expected to start arriving in late summer of this 2011 year.

But............. who's to say you couldn't take the license plate off your current Gallardo, slap it on the back of the Sesto Elemento, and blast it down your favorite highway! :icon_super:

I was going to say before I left this morning to ask you. I figured you would have the latest up to date info.

You said pretty much exactly what I have heard when I've spoken to DOT.

We have been told by the factory that up to 10 cars will be built world-wide, and up to 3 of those have been reserved for the United States. This car will NOT be street legal, and is not intended to be a regular production vehicle. It will be brought into the states on a "show & display" and/or "track use" permit. Not sure the exact terminology and/or process of how the factory is bringing these special Lamborghinis into the US. The car was designed and intended to be a light-weight track monster! Cost is 1.5M Euro and are expected to start arriving in late summer of this 2011 year.

But............. who's to say you couldn't take the license plate off your current Gallardo, slap it on the back of the Sesto Elemento, and blast it down your favorite highway! :icon_super:

Because.....as a dealer you should know this shit......If your dumb ass hits anybody your insurance is VOID. So you are not covered at all and are thus liable to lose your shirt shoes and ass.

Call Dick Merritt at DOT and ask him what Show and Display means. He told me once "If it meant driving the damn car it would be Show Display and Drive"

The DOT is very strict re: racing. Creating your own fake series means lying on the public forms which, I believe, comes with a charge of perjury if discovered. Oh, and of course they might well confiscate and crush the machine. Very curious as to how they're going to get it in.

I guess it's technically possible to get show or display, but that would actually make it street legal. So if Lambo themselves are saying that won't happen, then I don't see how show or display would work.

And placid, as I understand it, the FXXs are not stored at ferrari by force. The owners CAN leave them there or choose to keep them selfes(I know, Top gear said something else, which afaik is wrong).

Sesto Elemento styling is over the top and that makes the older cars look rather tame. That style is the epitome of 'hot wheels' which makes other manufacturers uncomfortable...

• 1 month later...

Lamborghini Sesto Elemento coming in October - report

The Lamborghini Aventador may be grabbing all the headlines, but a new report is indicating the company will launch a production version of Sesto Elemento concept in October.

While nothing is official, Auto Motor and Sport is reporting to have received confirmation that the vehicle will start arriving at dealerships in the third quarter of 2011. Furthermore, the magazine says production will be limited to 10 or 20 units and pricing will surpass €1.9 ($2.8) million.

As we have previously reported, the Sesto Elemento featured a naturally-aspirated 5.2-liter V10 engine that developed 570 PS (419 kW / 562 hp) and 540 Nm (398 lb-ft) of torque. Backed up by an all-wheel drive system and an e.gear transmission, the 999 kg (2,202 lb) concept accelerated from 0-100 km/h (0-62 mph) in 2.5 seconds and hit a top speed in excess of 300 km/h (186 mph).

Source: Auto Motor and Sport

:iamwithstupid: