Now we know where the Beverly Hills Lambo press car went...

Leadfoot

Eh, I guess. :icon_mrgreen:

Even though it looks better than anything that exists on the road (and for that reason alone, I'd probably still get one after depreciation), but it really does look like an updated Murcillardo...for real.

Even though it looks better than anything that exists on the road (and for that reason alone, I'd probably still get one after depreciation), but it really does look like an updated Murcillardo...for real.

:iamwithstupid:

Nowhere CLOSE to the jump from Miura to Countach, Countach to Diablo.

Guest Rob Burgundy

This was the first time Ive looked at the car and thought "wow I do see some murcielago in it".

Still like it a lot but seeing it drive I definitely see some remaining murcie in the car

Looks good in motion.

I stand by the opinion that it's far too easy to anger and displease by trying to clean-sheet cosmetic looks. I'd rather they not take risks on a car that has to last a decade, I'm still having nightmares over what Bangle did to BMW, what Okuyama did to Ferrari, and what Pagani has now done to the Huyura.

In that light I'll take a warmed-over Murci any day, as long as they improve everything underneath (they did), everything inside the cockpit (they did) and deliver superior performance in every possible metric to the outgoing SV (they did).

There's not much to bitch about here unless you're just being a pain in the ass contrarian honestly. Better to be safe than sorry. :icon_mrgreen: :icon_thumleft:

To me it looks like an updated G car, drop 2 cylinders and it would have made a great G car replacement.

[quote name='Mako' date='Mar 22 2011, 12:49 PM' post='828823'. Better to be safe than sorry. :icon_mrgreen: :icon_thumleft:

Nah, in the world of ultra luxury performance...leave safe to the ho hum marques...be avantgard. Make a car so fcuking awesome that 415k will fly out of the pockets of those who have and even some of those that shouldn't have (as in shouldn't have spent 4xxk on a car).

This should have been the car Allan bought, not a 458. It should have made him get such a boner that he had to have it no matter how much he hated Winkelman and lambo right now. It isn't.

I agree with Swil. It's a good car. It's the best looking car out right now, it's just not incredible.

[quote name='Mako' date='Mar 22 2011, 12:49 PM' post='828823'. Better to be safe than sorry. :icon_mrgreen: :icon_thumleft:

Nah, in the world of ultra luxury performance...leave safe to the ho hum marques...be avantgard. Make a car so fcuking awesome that 415k will fly out of the pockets of those who have and even some of those that shouldn't have (as in shouldn't have spent 4xxk on a car).

This should have been the car Allan bought, not a 458. It should have made him get such a boner that he had to have it no matter how much he hated Winkelman and lambo right now. It isn't.

I agree with Swil. It's a good car. It's the best looking car out right now, it's just not incredible.

And how do we know the car isn't incredible? Everything about it, literally every mechanical spec, says it is...with the exception of the transmission, which can't be commented on until it's driven. The look being the lone exception of course, and that's a personal choice.

I feel the car looks a TON better than some of the rolling abortions that debuted at Geneva, which we don't need to name as I feel it's insulting to some of the owners here whom I appreciate.

Looks aside, everything else is pretty spot on with the LP700.

Honestly if you go back on the board a year and look at our hopeful wishlist for the car the factory delivered on 90% of it. Carbon frame, better interior with lux/nav/etc, all new AWD/diff system, better suspension setup, much more rigid chassis, more powerful engine, faster shift times, etc.

The only misses are possibly weight (impossible to fix as it's a problem for everyone, the next 599 will be heavier then the Aventador) and the aforementioned tranny (lack of dual-clutch).

Otherwise I really don't see the amount of complaints being justified, this is certainly no miss.

And Allan? Please. Allan correctly prioritizes depreciation above all other concerns when it comes to these cars because he knows he'll never be in them long. The 458 at MSRP will deperciate less over the same length of ownership than a first-year Lambo/Porsche/Aston. Especially at the lower price point.

At most, he'll lose $20 - $40k on that car depending upon how long he keeps it. With the LP700 a $40k loss happens the second it's driven off the lot, and keeps on trucking to what will probably be a $60-80k total drop off by the 12-18 month mark. :icon_mrgreen:

That is a hell of a haircut, and it's something that plagues every marque in this sector not just Lambo, with again the exception of Ferrari who artifically limits supply.

This car IS a "must have" for its category. Lets wait until they're driven before saying they so completely missed the mark. :icon_thumleft:

And again to be clear, this isn't about its looks. If it doesn't appeal to someone visually, that is totally understandable as a reason to not be interested. It's the hardware that isn't so easily dismissed.

I applaud you Mako for taking your time to try and convince/convert all the haters/doubters - we should printscreen everything to be able to show it in their face in 2-3 months :icon_mrgreen:

I applaud you Mako for taking your time to try and convince/convert all the haters/doubters - we should printscreen everything to be able to show it in their face in 2-3 months :icon_mrgreen:

It's meant to be more of a "let's keep an open mind" post rather than a fanboy post, for all I know the car is shit. :icon_mrgreen:

Hopefully it lives up to expectations. Those mule-drives all seemed to go extremely well from what was reported and the cars weren't even sorted at that time. :icon_thumleft:

It's meant to be more of a "let's keep an open mind" post rather than a fanboy post, for all I know the car is shit. :icon_mrgreen:

Hopefully it lives up to expectations. Those mule-drives all seemed to go extremely well from what was reported and the cars weren't even sorted at that time. :icon_thumleft:

I agree as far as the new technology the car has it all at least enough to make someone with a Murcie want to upgrade, but in the looks department they missed the boat. In following all the posts for the past month I didn't read anyone say anything negative about the new car except maybe the Trans or the lack of direct injection, the car is a 8 or 9 in the technology department but is really lacking in the updated looks department if I am wrong why are so many people complaining about the way it looks. C car to D car great D car to M car great M car to A car maybe not so much. Its not the car it is the lack of a dramatic new look that is missing.

:icon_thumleft: Mako!

I think the main point people have missed is that this is 1 of lambo's 2 product lines. it makes up 25% of lambo's production and will likely do so for the next 10 years. yet it deploys, for the first time in a series production car, this suspension technology, the carbon fiber/aluminum chassis, and an new-to-the-road gearbox. not to mention the most powerful NA engine in production next to the million-dollar Aston one-77. Also, one other thing, not all carbon fiber is made the same, so to point at the chassis and say "its been done before so you're not bringing anything new to the table" is like saying we've had internal combustion for over 100 years now, thus these supercars' engines really haven't brought anything new to the table.

also, when Porsche makes the CGT or Ferrari makes the Enzo, they know they dont have to improve on it every few years because the cars will only be in production for only a 1 or 2, let alone a decade. lambo needs to leave some room for improvement for the coming decade. when you look at it in this light, they have made an INCREDIBLE base for these improvements to build on.

I agree as far as the new technology the car has it all at least enough to make someone with a Murcie want to upgrade, but in the looks department they missed the boat. In following all the posts for the past month I didn't read anyone say anything negative about the new car except maybe the Trans or the lack of direct injection, the car is a 8 or 9 in the technology department but is really lacking in the updated looks department if I am wrong why are so many people complaining about the way it looks. C car to D car great D car to M car great M car to A car maybe not so much. Its not the car it is the lack of a dramatic new look that is missing.

I think the only reason people aren't completely taken by the looks isnt that its not a big jump from the Murcielago, its that people expected it to look like the Reventon. Mainly because lambo said something along the lines of "this is our new design language" which basically means "our cars will look more like this from now on", and they certainly do.

I think the only reason people aren't completely taken by the looks isnt that its not a big jump from the Murcielago, its that people expected it to look like the Reventon. Mainly because lambo said something along the lines of "this is our new design language" which basically means "our cars will look more like this from now on", and they certainly do.

I was in showroom a few weeks ago and stood behind a Reventon holding a picture of the back of the A car, to me it looked like a bad screwed up copy. The top lights were very much the same but everything else was out of proportion the Reventon looked good the A car rear was a mismatched copy the proportions were off.

I was in showroom a few weeks ago and stood behind a Reventon holding a picture of the back of the A car, to me it looked like a bad screwed up copy. The top lights were very much the same but everything else was out of proportion the Reventon looked good the A car rear was a mismatched copy the proportions were off.

I agree. INMO the back of the Aventador is the WORST aspect of the car..

To me it looks like an updated G car, drop 2 cylinders and it would have made a great G car replacement.

:iamwithstupid:

I can't agree more. Ever since the first spy shots came out right up until seeing the car now I always felt that it looked like a mix between a reventon and a gallardo. I gave lambo the benefit of the doubt waiting and hoping that once the car was unveiled that I would be wrong. Unfortunately I was right. I see so much gallardo in that car its not even funny. Its almost as if they took the G car and then added all the reventon edges into the design to get the aventador. Maybe it will grow on me but as of right now I'm a bit disappointed.

Lots of negative comments now, but I think that when more and more people start seeing the 700 in the flesh, they will be jumping over each other to swing from its nuts.

Lots of negative comments now, but I think that when more and more people start seeing the 700 in the flesh, they will be jumping over each other to swing from its nuts.

I hope so...........but if this is what the murcie replacement looks like what the hell are they going to do for the G ? I'm a little worried. Maybe they will make it look a little like the old murcie. :icon_mrgreen:

I hope so...........but if this is what the murcie replacement looks like what the hell are they going to do for the G ? I'm a little worried. Maybe they will make it look a little like the old murcie. :icon_mrgreen:

They'll make it look like Aventador junior.

It's tough to talk about from just pics, but the LP700 is half a foot longer than the old Murcie. It's a beast dimensionally.

The real question is what Allan has effectively argued previously: Which is that two years into the LP700's run Lambo will deploy their Gallardo replacement, and it's possible it will be more desireable to enthusiasts than the LP700.

Better tech, better transmission, lighter weight, likely a boosted turbo engine, etc, whatever.

The thought is that when this happens there will be less demand for the LP700 and it will accelerate the depreciation even more. Or force them to do an early SV version, etc. Either way, massive drop in value.

That to me is the larger problem as time moves forward, I don't like the thought of LP700 early adopters losing a couple hundred grand to swap out to a brand new entry-level car in 2013-2014.

They'll make it look like Aventador junior.

It's tough to talk about from just pics, but the LP700 is half a foot longer than the old Murcie. It's a beast dimensionally.

The real question is what Allan has effectively argued previously: Which is that two years into the LP700's run Lambo will deploy their Gallardo replacement, and it's possible it will be more desireable to enthusiasts than the LP700.

Better tech, better transmission, lighter weight, likely a boosted turbo engine, etc, whatever.

The thought is that when this happens there will be less demand for the LP700 and it will accelerate the depreciation even more. Or force them to do an early SV version, etc. Either way, massive drop in value.

That to me is the larger problem as time moves forward, I don't like the thought of LP700 early adopters losing a couple hundred grand to swap out to a brand new entry-level car in 2013-2014.

I'm with you, also its a 1st year run car which we all tend to stay away from if we can as buyers coming in on the used market to pick one up. You actually think Lambo will TT a Gallardo though ? that seems a little far fetched.

I'm with you, also its a 1st year run car which we all tend to stay away from if we can as buyers coming in on the used market to pick one up. You actually think Lambo will TT a Gallardo though ? that seems a little far fetched.

It's a tough one, but I believe they will on the entry-level car.

Mainly because it's got to share major Audi gear as it will again be the next R8's basis (and it's very doubtful Audi will want their princess halo car running a N/A setup for branding reasons). And also emissions regs don't leave many options.

I also believe that price point and target buyer would tolerate it, somewhat similarly to how they tolerate not having vertical doors.

As in: You want vertical doors and a big Lambo V12? Step up and buy the LP700.

I can see their marketing department and management being alright with that, especially if it came with 600hp, a dual-clutch tranny, and the ability to modify it into the stratosphere... :monkeyleft:

if the new G happen to look anything like the Murci SV, i would be first in line! :icon_mrgreen:

Guest Rob Burgundy
if the new G happen to look anything like the Murci SV, i would be first in line! :icon_mrgreen:

It already does.. Lamborghini-Murcielago-LP670-4-SV-orange-3-4-avant-gauche-travelling-2_zoom.jpg

Lamborghini-Gallardo-LP570-4-Superleggera-Front-2011.jpg