0-1320' 11.1 124.5

PkAccelG 1.09G

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

was this done in the R-R-R mode in auto?

thanks for taking the time to do this. i cant imagine how this will look after tune/pipe. :headbang:

yep, RRR auto.... hitting the dyno and track this afternoon....

was this done in the R-R-R mode in auto?

thanks for taking the time to do this. i cant imagine how this will look after tune/pipe. :headbang:

yep, RRR auto.... hitting the dyno and track this afternoon....

dam you dont waste anytime. keep me posted on the tune. im ready to roll!

Nice, 0-60, 0-100 and quarter mile are very impressive, all within a tenth or two of the 458 in either direction.

60-130 is not as impressive, but that will be fixed with a power increase.

I agree, the car dies on the top end, I expected more.... the rush of power down low in the first two gears VERY strong for a stock car.... it almost feels like Nissan is upping the power/boost in the first two gears to get the 0-60 #'s, then tapering it off.... you can see he graph below the drastic drop in G forces when going to 3rd gear....

he 458 will leave the GT-R behind at 100 MPH.... here is the GT-R vs 458 graph

Nice, 0-60, 0-100 and quarter mile are very impressive, all within a tenth or two of the 458 in either direction.

Screen_shot_2011_03_23_at_10.01.32_AM.jpeg

now thats impressive at a 1/4 of the price and just think with a $900 tune you have another 100hp!

i guess thats why dino has a little taste of everything when it comes to exotics :icon_super: (ill be there soon)

Speed(mph) Time(s)

0-60 02.9

0-100 07.0

60-130 09.4

50-70 01.7

Accel Distance results

Distance() Time(s) @Speed(mph)

0-60' 01.7 42.2

0-660' 07.1 100.7

0-1320' 11.1 124.5

PkAccelG 1.09G

Very nice numbers! Im going to go backout and vbox my 458 one more time with full launch control and see what happens... Crazy that from a dead stop the GTR will beat just about any Exotic. Im undecided now as to whether I should dump more money into my Porsche, or just get a set of catbypass pipes and wait abit and get a turbo S. I think with Bypass pipes my Porsche should run about as good as the GTR from a dig and be faster on a roll. Cars like the GTR and Porsche are really making it hard to justify spending the money on Exotics anymore.

Cars like the GTR and Porsche are really making it hard to justify spending the money on Exotics anymore.

Then a single'd Supra should make it hard to justify the coin for a 997 Turbo? Come on Allan..

You know that exotics are not only about pure speed/dragracing, a GTR can never be in the same leauge as a Fcar or a Lambo and just the same as a Gallardo never can be in the same leauge as a Veyron or Zonda..

now thats impressive at a 1/4 of the price and just think with a $900 tune you have another 100hp!

i guess thats why dino has a little taste of everything when it comes to exotics :icon_super: (ill be there soon)

Thats the beauty of TT Cars. With bolt ons and tune, the GTR is tremendously fast.

just get the turbo PDK, everything is the same, motor, turbo's, etc, it's just tuning and you'll be faster than the "S".....

Very nice numbers! Im going to go backout and vbox my 458 one more time with full launch control and see what happens... Crazy that from a dead stop the GTR will beat just about any Exotic. Im undecided now as to whether I should dump more money into my Porsche, or just get a set of catbypass pipes and wait abit and get a turbo S. I think with Bypass pipes my Porsche should run about as good as the GTR from a dig and be faster on a roll. Cars like the GTR and Porsche are really making it hard to justify spending the money on Exotics anymore.

i think this is the smartest comment ive heard you make since you bought your 458 ;) lol

Allan is back everyone!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :icon_super: :icon_thumleft:

Then a single'd Supra should make it hard to justify the coin for a 997 Turbo? Come on Allan..

You know that exotics are not only about pure speed/dragracing, a GTR can never be in the same leauge as a Fcar or a Lambo and just the same as a Gallardo never can be in the same leauge as a Veyron or Zonda..

But a single turbo supra is inmo the equivalent of making a Pinto fast.. Old and Ugly.. My point is does a 300K 458 give you 3 1/2 times much the fun and joy to drive as a 90K GTR.. A GTR may not look as good as the 458 or lambo, but it has the technology behind it to make up alot of that.

i think this is the smartest comment ive heard you make since you bought your 458 ;) lol

Allan is back everyone!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :icon_super: :icon_thumleft:

I have something coming tommorow that will make you very proud! :icon_super: :eusa_think:

My point is does a 300K 458 give you 3 1/2 times much the fun and joy to drive as a 90K GTR.. A GTR may not look as good as the 458 or lambo, but it has the technology behind it to make up alot of that.

This, I full agree on :icon_thumleft:

That's why I didn't get the RS5 untill months after its worlds release, I just had so damn hard to justify the cost for what you get for the $, I mean, all car have different values for what you get/pay and the GTR probably tops that bang-for-the-buck list overall..

But a single turbo supra is inmo the equivalent of making a Pinto fast.. Old and Ugly.. My point is does a 300K 458 give you 3 1/2 times much the fun and joy to drive as a 90K GTR.. A GTR may not look as good as the 458 or lambo, but it has the technology behind it to make up alot of that.

This was the biggest point of conversation amongst people at the Disapointmentador special preview.

No, because a single turbo'd Supra can do NOTHING but go fast in a straight line. The GTR, in STOCK trim, did almost everything better than my Gallardo did. It handled better, brakes felt better, tranny is light years ahead, the steering response was better, wayy more technological advanced, all while being more comfortable. So in other words, from an overall performance and technology stand point, I actually think the Gallardo is significantly behind the GTR. IMO, the Gallardo only shines over the GTR in the looks department and interior quality (which I have said it before, but for a Nissan and the price tag, I actually like it and find it to be just fine)

Oh, keep in mind this is comparing the GTR to my 04 Gallardo. I am not speaking on behalf of the LP560 and/or any MY GSL because I have never experienced them.

This, I full agree on :icon_thumleft:

That's why I didn't get the RS5 untill months after its worlds release, I just had so damn hard to justify the cost for what you get for the $, I mean, all car have different values for what you get/pay and the GTR probably tops that bang-for-the-buck list overall..

Like yesterday I went from the 458, to my Porsche, and I was honestly asking myself is it worth it...

Hey, look at that, we can agree on some things.. :icon_thumleft:

No, because a single turbo'd Supra can do NOTHING but go fast in a straight line. The GTR, in STOCK trim, did almost everything better than my Gallardo did. It handled better, brakes felt better, tranny is light years ahead, the steering response was better, wayy more technological advanced, all while being more comfortable. So in other words, from an overall performance and technology stand point, I actually think the Gallardo is significantly behind the GTR. IMO, the Gallardo only shines over the GTR in the looks department and interior quality (which I have said it before, but for a Nissan and the price tag, I actually like it and find it to be just fine)

Oh, keep in mind this is comparing the GTR to my 04 Gallardo. I am not speaking on behalf of the LP560 and/or any MY GSL because I have never experienced them.

I agree to many of the things you point out, I know the GTR is a very good car, I have chased them on a racetrack and driven the shit out of them, so I know. But it will NEVER EVER be a Lambo, not even a Porsche, never.

Build quality, prestige, branding, interior, origin, etc etc

Like yesterday I went from the 458, to my Porsche, and I was honestly asking myself is it worth it...

I feel the same way almost everyday while driving the RS5.. Sigh :(

this is great! its like a LP reunion :headbang:

WE ALL AGREE!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :)

BTW my guess is your 997 will be rockin the black hood!!

I agree to many of the things you point out, I know the GTR is a very good car, I have chased them on a racetrack and driven the shit out of them, so I know. But it will NEVER EVER be a Lambo, not even a Porsche, never.

Build quality, prestige, branding, interior, origin, etc etc

I feel the same way almost everyday while driving the RS5.. Sigh :(

I owned several P-cars (not the latest 997TT) but i have put several miles on one and i like the GTR better IMO and its 60k less :)

(unless you pick up a used one for similiar money) then it might make more sense.

I owned several P-cars (not the latest 997TT) but i have put several miles on one and i like the GTR better IMO and its 60k less :)

(unless you pick up a used one for similiar money) then it might make more sense.

Me to :) I don't like Porsches overall, they are boring and between the choice of a regular 997 or the GTR I would go for the GTR :icon_thumleft: With a black hood of course, LOL!