question on car transport

cake

Re motorcycles - I was adventurous years ago with my dirtbike (Bultaco) but have a healthy respect (even fear) of riding in traffic. Only had my bike a year (Honda DN-01 - you either love it or hate it - I :icon_syda: it ). I've heard the track is a great way to learn the bike. I have zero interest in speed/knee dragging at this point. Call me chicken but I'm not THAT adventurous. Kudos to you for having the GUTS :). I will take more risks with four wheels but for now I'm getting my bearings on two. With that said - I do lust after a Ducati. Was interested in the Diavel and sat on one a week ago at an unveiling. The tank seems large for the bike but I like the low seat height and the rear tire is extremely wide giving the bike a very aggressive look. I like it but would prefer a monster as a sport bike. Maybe in a few years when I'm more proficient and confident in my 2 wheel skills. Note: the DN01 is the OPPOSITE of a Lambo (or Ducati). Upright riding position, low seat height, contemporary styling and ultra smooth & comfortable are what I love. I do get asked A LOT of questions about the bike (maybe similar to lambo in that regard) cause its very different looking. I luv it (looks & ride) and enjoy the curiosity it provokes.

I haven't always been this adventurous (at least not relating to speed). I've met the best people at the track! Made good friends and had a blast. I expect the lambo experience to take it to the next level (social and track). Yes - life is good. It's been crazy and I'd never have predicted the path that led to this point, but it's all good. :)

Carol, i don't know what i like more about you, that you purchased a LP-560-4, that your ride something with two wheels or that YOU are just "one of the boys".

i can just see you, tooling around Pittsburgh ( i have spent a bit of time in Johnstown) picking up 2 bags of groceries and a gallon of milk in your G.. (that's about it for the trunk) .. good for you.

the track is the BEST place to learn control of your vehicle whether it's a automobile or motorcycle. and it's VERY FUN !!! during motorcycle track days, you run at your own pace, 7/10's .. 8/10's .. it's poetry.. you and the bike REALLY become one. watch any motorcycle road racing.. THOSE guys are crazy, brave but skilled..

at Road America, i am only limited by fear, my bike has more to give.. but 175 mph (indicated) on the front straight, 150 - 160 mph on the other two straights is enough for me.. try it sometime, you'll never go back..

i keep a motorcycle in California because it is the BEST place to ride a motocycle in the US.. (they are very respectful to motorcyclists) although PA ain't bad..

.. rock on girl !!

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Her car must have arrived...She hasn't posted in ~24 hours...

OOO YES

It's here and it's SPECTACULAR!!!!

Delivered in excellent condition around 2:15 pm. Got er cleaned up and lots of pics. Then to dealer for inspection and ooohs and aaahs with the gang (they are like family over there). Then filler up. Then to the track!!! Got about 6 laps in and then a couple cool downs. I was horning in on someone's private time and didn't want to overstay my welcome. The guy was running a home made something kinda like a Lotus 7. Something broke so he got off the track and my buddy who runs the instruction said "go have fun" so we did. I wasn't pushing - just wanted to see how it felt. OMG - AMAZING!!!! It sounds SO GREAT!!!

I have pics and will post tomorrow. Right now heading down to the garage to have a cigar with my husband (yes - I do that too :)) and gaze upon my newest love. My face is sore from smiling so much.

And you are right - I don't know about knee dragging till I try - so I will keep an open mind. And I'll sign up for the next track day and go in the beginner group.

Wow. Whatta day! Perfect weather. The car is here. Got laps at the track. Didn't do corsa but did WOT down the front straight the last two laps. I've already forgotten the tiny bump in the road from earlier this week. You were SO RIGHT!!!!!

And the "OOO YES" was under consideration as a vanity plate but I'm gonna skip it. Don't want that kind of attention, the car speaks for itself. But it's ABSOLUTELY HOW I FEEL!!!! :) :) :)

OOO YES

It's here and it's SPECTACULAR!!!!

Delivered in excellent condition around 2:15 pm. Got er cleaned up and lots of pics. Then to dealer for inspection and ooohs and aaahs with the gang (they are like family over there). Then filler up. Then to the track!!! Got about 6 laps in and then a couple cool downs. I was horning in on someone's private time and didn't want to overstay my welcome. The guy was running a home made something kinda like a Lotus 7. Something broke so he got off the track and my buddy who runs the instruction said "go have fun" so we did. I wasn't pushing - just wanted to see how it felt. OMG - AMAZING!!!! It sounds SO GREAT!!!

I have pics and will post tomorrow. Right now heading down to the garage to have a cigar with my husband (yes - I do that too :)) and gaze upon my newest love. My face is sore from smiling so much.

And you are right - I don't know about knee dragging till I try - so I will keep an open mind. And I'll sign up for the next track day and go in the beginner group.

Wow. Whatta day! Perfect weather. The car is here. Got laps at the track. Didn't do corsa but did WOT down the front straight the last two laps. I've already forgotten the tiny bump in the road from earlier this week. You were SO RIGHT!!!!!

And the "OOO YES" was under consideration as a vanity plate but I'm gonna skip it. Don't want that kind of attention, the car speaks for itself. But it's ABSOLUTELY HOW I FEEL!!!! :) :) :)

Wow your husband is lucky to have a wife like you. Hopefully he knows how lucky he is.

Congrats on the car! Sounds like you will love it.

Congrats!

What a thrill to get your 1st Lambo (a 560 at that) and immediately start tracking it! lmao

And go for the vanity plate...these are the type of cars that deserve cool plates! If you think the presence or absence of a personalized plate is gonna dictate how much attention the car gets, you MIGHT want to re-think that! :lol2:

"OOO YES" would be great! Or you could go with "CAROLS" or "CAROLSG" or whatever!...it's yours now, so do what you want! :eusa_dance:

And when you post up pics, don't forget to post them here, too, so you can get your "Lambo Owner" title: :eek3dance:

http://www.lambopower.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=18327

thanks everyone for all the support and encouragement...it helped!

And you were so right - pain is forgotten...replaced by Joy

(also posted some on new owners :) thread)

here it is......

P4070486.JPG

P4070501.JPG

IMG_0653.JPG

P4070494.JPG

P4070495.JPG

motorcycle trackdays aren't just about dragging your knee. it's like a right of passage, the fact that you CAN get the bike leaned OVER. the first time you do it, it's kind of abrupt and definately gets your attention. also fun is coming out of a corner, the bike still leaned over a bit spinning the rear tire !!

a good bike is a sv650 or 600. if you lived closer you could try my bike but it's a 1000 and it's wild.

to answer Fellippe's question, i think i started dragging my knee my second year of track days.

if you are serious, consider motorcycle schools. i did keith codes at laguna seca and autobahn and kevin schwantz's when he was at Road Atlanta.. very fun and informative.

THE most importanr thing to remember: ride at YOUR own pace..

back on topic,, glad your car arrived safe and sound.. looks GREAT !! the red interior is going to be a hit in Pittsburgh.. :)

motorcycle trackdays aren't just about dragging your knee. it's like a right of passage, the fact that you CAN get the bike leaned OVER. the first time you do it, it's kind of abrupt and definately gets your attention. also fun is coming out of a corner, the bike still leaned over a bit spinning the rear tire !!

a good bike is a sv650 or 600. if you lived closer you could try my bike but it's a 1000 and it's wild.

to answer Fellippe's question, i think i started dragging my knee my second year of track days.

if you are serious, consider motorcycle schools. i did keith codes at laguna seca and autobahn and kevin schwantz's when he was at Road Atlanta.. very fun and informative.

THE most importanr thing to remember: ride at YOUR own pace..

back on topic,, glad your car arrived safe and sound.. looks GREAT !! the red interior is going to be a hit in Pittsburgh.. :)

Thank you. Great advice - I'll have to look for a school.

When taking the Motorcycle Safety Foundation class in their little 250cc cruisers - we were practicing our "ovals" and I really got "into it" and kept leaning it over more and more with each pass. I scraped a peg and it was VERY abrupt - kinda scared me until I realized what it was. Then BIG SMILE! The instructors gave me some applause - husband was very proud! The footboards on my honda are spring loaded so if I go deep and lean it over there's some "give" - unlike the MSF bike. I will definitely pursue the local track day which I know is divided into groups of differing experience levels and they provide expert instruction on the track. I'm sure it'll make me a better rider. I'll be nowhere near knee dragging but everyone starts somewhere, right?

Took the lambo to a cars & coffee this morning. I'm getting better at being smooth - not easy in that car unless you're going fast. It does not like slow AT ALL.

Tomorrow is the first real track day. I'll probably go 7/10 or 8/10 - I need to learn it and get comfortable with it. Can't wait! I am SO IN LOVE with it!!!!

I know I have to share (don't HAVE to but really should) but so far my husband is being really nice and not even asking to drive. WHATTA GUY!!!! Definite keeper! I'm sure he'll drive it at the track.

From now on...

1 - Start car. 2 - Press Corsa.

Today I took your advice (above). From the moment I pulled out of the driveway I was in corsa. I don't think I'll EVER use another mode. WOW!!! AMAZING!!! FABULOUS!!! SO much more fun!!! That car is AWESOME!

I decide to be nice and finally let my husband drive it. BIG MISTAKE. Had to practically drag him out of the car so I could get more laps in. I'm glad he loves it but was sorta hoping he'd love it just a bit less. Oh well. Good problem to have.

Had a GREAT day at the track, and also just street driving. If I hadn't read all the posts about the "attention" I would have been shocked, but instead took in stride the number of times someone raced up just to get a photo (it happened OVER & OVER). Took several people for rides at the track (on a side road and one friend for hot laps). They were thrilled - so was I. Nice to share something that's so special (to me, anyway).

I'll admit I was a bit nervous about corsa from driving my friend's 07G last year on the track, and more so from riding with him - it was very startling bordering on violent (he's also incredibly aggressive on the throttle). My memory of corsa was exagerated - it was JUST what the doctor ordered. I will never go back. On the track it's just fun, and on the street it's smoother (I assume from the faster shift time). The "hang" time when shifting in sport even seems too long compared to corsa which feels just right.

Thanks for coaxing me in to corsa. NEVER GOING BACK :)

I expect my next post may be under the, "Help! I can't stop driving my lambo" thread. I am CERTAIN I'll be one of them Completely addicted (in a good way)

Guest Rob Burgundy
Its white???

Awesome!

One of the hottest color combos ever

post-40655-1302266374_thumb.jpg

post-40655-1302267691_thumb.jpg