IPAD 2

LyinFapper

No local stores (I live in L.A.) have White IPAD 2 16G or 32G AT&T 3G model. Anyone know where I can pick one up with in the next 10 days? I would prefer to pick up the 16G model but wouldn't mind the 32G

Motorola Xoom FTW!

I looked at that but it gets some horrible reviews from users, you can read some of them in reply to the following video:

Xoom is crap. Better to wait for other Honeycomb (3.0) devices if you're dead-set against an iPad.

For me the iPad 2 works well, enjoying it the past couple weeks. Haven't even jailbroken it yet, but that's coming soon, got to get all my favorite stuff on it that Apple says no no no to... :icon_mrgreen:

I've had my xoom for a week now and i love it. Paired with my rooted evo 4g I haven't run in too much I can't do yet. Most of my posts on lpower over the past 3 days have been from the xoom.

To each his own!

I've had my xoom for a week now and i love it. Paired with my rooted evo 4g I haven't run in too much I can't do yet. Most of my posts on lpower over the past 3 days have been from the xoom.

To each his own!

CRAP.

No, I'm just kidding Hannibal, haha, busting your chops. :icon_mrgreen:

All I know is what Fortis mentioned, I'm seeing the same negative reviews/comments/etc on the Xoom. I do think any 3.0 device is probably pretty darn solid. :icon_thumleft:

Waaaaaaaaaaaay better than the 2.2 last-gen models for sure.

If you are dead set against Apple and their products then I can understand it but as a consumer that doesn't care about brand loyalty I think to myself why risk it? get an iPad, good reviews most customers are satisfied it's well sorted and it does everything that's supposed to do very well.

If you are dead set against Apple and their products that I can understand it but as a consumer that doesn't care about brand loyalty. backed up by the good reviews and customer satisfaction so far I think why risk it? get an iPad, it's well sorted and it does everything that's supposed to do very well.

Agree, as long as it's jailbroken. That tips it for me as the iPad becomes the ultimate device once you remove Apple's nonsensical restrictions (and add the ability to get any paid app for free)...

The Android 3.0 devices are compelling though, they're finally a good alternative.

I usually get my tech goodies off of amazon but I needed the tablet asap before a trip. Best buy was the only local place that had one. They told me I could return it for a full refund no questions asked within 14 days. Seemed worth the chance to see how much of the bad review info was legit.....so far like I said I am happy.

I am also a big android fan so my opinion is slightly biased.

Majority of consumers are like me, no idea of the difference between Apple and Android, if someone whom I trust tells me iPad is good I go for it :icon_mrgreen:

BTW I don't own an iPad I have no use for one I've been trying to look for a reason to buy one but I haven't been able to find one yet :icon_mrgreen:

I have had my iPad for a while now, and have enjoyed it for the most part. I got the xoom about 2 weeks ago, used it for 4 days, then gave it to a co-worker. It sucked. But saw a commercial today for a BB tablet, wondering how that is going to be compared to the iPad.

Xoom is crap. Better to wait for other Honeycomb (3.0) devices if you're dead-set against an iPad.

For me the iPad 2 works well, enjoying it the past couple weeks. Haven't even jailbroken it yet, but that's coming soon, got to get all my favorite stuff on it that Apple says no no no to... :icon_mrgreen:

Could you give me a quick list of the most important things you'll put on there when you jailbreak it? :)

I'm thinking of waiting till the end of the year to get the Playstation S1 tablet with android 3.0....might be a good alternative to the iPad 2. I like the ipad 2 but I feel like it's too much of a bigger version of my iphone.

I really wanted to pick up the IPAD from best buy because of the extended warranty you can buy. BTW, went to best buy last night and they wont even put you on a waiting list because corporate can’t fill the orders fast enough, apple has nothing in stock except the 64G which is way to big for my needs. The Xoom is cool, I checked it out numerous times but the IPAD is what im looking for right now.

Could you give me a quick list of the most important things you'll put on there when you jailbreak it? :)

My quick list is:

1. That JB homescreen app (can't remember the name off-hand) that lets me see email, calendar, weather, etc, without unlocking the phone or sliding the open switch (basically puts realtime live data on top of your wallpaper, as the Android devices have done for YEARS...stupid Apple).

2. Cydia/Installous - The gateways for all the apps Apple/ATT doesn't want you to have (or makes you pay for), including tethering, wifi-hotspot, etc.

I own the iPad 1&2, xoom, and PlayBook because of my business. The iPad is the only device that gets used however. The xoom is very nice, but the apps ar really lacking. I also have problems using the 3G service on the xoom compared to the iPad when I'm streaming movies or video clips. The blackberry is nice because of the size, but it was released WAY before it should have and has numerous problems, and NO apps.... I love my iPad and I don't even try to mess with jail breaking it. I never have issues using the iPad, however friends with jail broken iPads do. All other companies making tablets other than apple will eventually have some great products in the near future, but if you want the best tablet now go with the iPad 2. Oh and buy one of my holders when you do :D

I own the iPad 1&2, xoom, and PlayBook because of my business. The iPad is the only device that gets used however. The xoom is very nice, but the apps ar really lacking. I also have problems using the 3G service on the xoom compared to the iPad when I'm streaming movies or video clips. The blackberry is nice because of the size, but it was released WAY before it should have and has numerous problems, and NO apps.... I love my iPad and I don't even try to mess with jail breaking it. I never have issues using the iPad, however friends with jail broken iPads do. All other companies making tablets other than apple will eventually have some great products in the near future, but if you want the best tablet now go with the iPad 2. Oh and buy one of my holders when you do :D

Show me. I'm picking up my iPad2 this week. I'd be curious to see what the holder is.

Show me. I'm picking up my iPad2 this week. I'd be curious to see what the holder is.

www.padholdr.com He's got dozens of different ones. Pretty cool stuff :)