Countach side skirt.

lambolp400s

Have seen very few cars with this sideskirt. The car pictured here is supposed to have had the sideskirt mounted at the factory. Have heard the same about a car in Swede too, but since so few cars have them, is it a possibility that in these cases it is a aftermarket part put on at Lamborghini on special requests? Have tried to contact the original owner of the car to ask, but havent got hold of him. On photos from 1988, the then 2 year old car had them on. Anyone knows anything about these skirts?

227725_10150168911936290_620936289_7212343_1079752_n.jpg

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Have seen very few cars with this sideskirt. The car pictured here is supposed to have had the sideskirt mounted at the factory. Have heard the same about a car in Swede too, but since so few cars have them, is it a possibility that in these cases it is a aftermarket part put on at Lamborghini on special requests? Have tried to contact the original owner of the car to ask, but havent got hold of him. On photos from 1988, the then 2 year old car had them on. Anyone knows anything about these skirts?

Koeing made them. Here are the advertisements from Raymond's site (about 1/2 way down the page):

http://www.countach.ch/tuning.html

George Evans had a Countach for sale which has them as well:

http://evansauto.com/auto-sales12/102-auto-sales3

i also believe these are Koenig skirts

Max Bobnar swiss lambo dealer also sold similar optional side skirts

The Koenigs look just right. Very possible that the car was "styled" immediately after the car was bought. In the same small city here in Norway, 3 QV's was bought the same summer, and the owner of this car was the playboy with the biggest and best toys. Was through a load of Ferrari's, some Lambos and dp 935's in just a few years in adittion to some wild off-shore boats. Why should he have a "standard" car as the others?......

the side-skirts may better aerodyamics but the rounded underside is a key Gandini Countach design trait that after MY'86-87 was lost

completely agree with my good (old) friend Alex ;)

the skirts do not go well with the countach design

the way flares attach to the body and the round belly are so nice to look at without skirts

ps i personally think the skirts look a bit better on wingless cars....with wing, flares, skirts the first words that come to my mind are " too much...too busy"

i have it on mine... True, when I first looked at it, was hoping to remove it. But the more I look at it, the skirts had a feeling of lowering the vehicle visually.. But according to Lamborghini these were out from the factory as such....

Interesting. Well, if the early skirts were mounted over the rocker panels, can anyone confirm if the rocker panels were still inside there on the 88 1/2?

ps i personally think the skirts look a bit better on wingless cars....with wing, flares, skirts the first words that come to my mind are " too much...too busy"

That is my exact thoughts too. Havent seen it, but no wing and with skirts might be nice. Any pics of that?

i have it on mine... True, when I first looked at it, was hoping to remove it. But the more I look at it, the skirts had a feeling of lowering the vehicle visually.. But according to Lamborghini these were out from the factory as such....

I agree that the skirts visually looks like they lower the car, and I went yesterday to see the black car. Owner says he has talked to the original owner and the skirts WAS mounted on it at the factory. Was ordered with the sports exhaust system.

Was a bit dusty......

IMG_1627.JPG

I agree that the skirts visually looks like they lower the car, and I went yesterday to see the black car. Owner says he has talked to the original owner and the skirts WAS mounted on it at the factory. Was ordered with the sports exhaust system.

Was a bit dusty......

mmmmm...i really think it may be a dealer option

Emilianauto dealer in Bologna mounted these or similar skirts to on new cars

i doubt any pre 88.5 countach ever came out of factory with skirts....but with lambo nothing is impossible

ps 5000S or QV?

That is my exact thoughts too. Havent seen it, but no wing and with skirts might be nice. Any pics of that?

i have seen a black 5000s no wing with skirts and gold wheels

it really looked good but i do not have pics

ps 5000S or QV?

1986 QV. At one time it had the US rear bumper, and after it was removed here in Norway, they for some reason did not replace the black plastic plate with the red plastic/reflector plate.

IMG_1626.JPG

247791_10150185074226290_620936289_7346286_7273365_n.jpg

1986 QV. At one time it had the US rear bumper, and after it was removed here in Norway, they for some reason did not replace the black plastic plate with the red plastic/reflector plate.

ok

is this car an original italian car? or emilianauto delivered?

i ask because not few DD were delivered with US rear lights and skirts by them

ok

is this car an original italian car? or emilianauto delivered?

i ask because not few DD were delivered with US rear lights and skirts by them

Not that much into it's history yet. One of the other cars (Reg. LY 36111) of the three from that same city I know was ordered and collected from the factory. That car has none of the added pieces. See rear shot. One car I don't have pics of ( Reg. LY 36700), so no info there. It can be seen on the back of this car, LY 36800 that it says Quattrovalvole. All three cars came in the summer of 1986. LY36111 Was driven out of the factory 14/15 may 1986.

(Just to be sure, what pet-names we have here in Norway on the different models might differ to the ones in english, but is there any difference in what is named a Quattrovalvole and some calls downdraft? Is'nt the QV the only car with downdraft carbs?)

IMG_1625.JPG

222451_10150168547996290_620936289_7210120_8016920_n.jpg

Actually, same small city got a forth Countach a short time later. This being one of the first QV's from 1985. Been talked about here before. Car has a transparent cover on the air box so one can see down the carbs.

81_1306857973132.jpg

this one is an Emilianauto delivered car

pictured on the famous Countach Pasini book

as you can see it has both the rear US light treat and skirts

post-4328-1308729920.jpg

post-4328-1308729930.jpg

(Just to be sure, what pet-names we have here in Norway on the different models might differ to the ones in english, but is there any difference in what is named a Quattrovalvole and some calls downdraft? Is'nt the QV the only car with downdraft carbs?)

downdraft = carbed QV

the carbed anniversary have also the downdraft engine with vertical webers

Here we only use the QV designation, and not the DD, since there is no need for it since we have no injected QV's in Norway (at least to my knowledge)..

If delivered by Emilianauto, I don't know, but I will ask if I see the original owner.

Actually, same small city got a forth Countach a short time later. This being one of the first QV's from 1985. Been talked about here before. Car has a transparent cover on the air box so one can see down the carbs.

This one is nice. do you have the VIN ? it is supposed to have a bit more hp that normal