forget school, i'm just getting a memory upgrade

Assman

Just watched the documentary Transcendent Man on Rob Kurtzweil or whatever his name is and this is one of the technologies he was predicting would be around. The next 20 years are going to be interesting to say the least on how tech merges with our biology.

Holy crap good bye schools. Can you imagine if everyone has one and then some smartass hacks it?

Holy crap good bye schools. Can you imagine if everyone has one and then some smartass hacks it?

It said memory expansion, not knowledge/intelligence....and even then, still gotta learn something, somehow.

Still awesome, although some of us with a lot better than average memories will start to lose self esteem that we're no longer special. :icon_mrgreen:

It said memory expansion, not knowledge/intelligence....and even then, still gotta learn something, somehow.

But couldn't you preload the memory slot with various things?

Still awesome, although some of us with a lot better than average memories will start to lose self esteem that we're no longer special. :icon_mrgreen:

in the article it said the tested animals were given knowledge when the item was attached and when they detached it the rats lost the knowledge.

Great, smart people with no common sense. We're all doomed

Ever hung around a group of engineers? :lol2:

About 80% of them fit that bill to a T.

Holy crap good bye schools.

Half of LAUSD would still manage to drop out.

Half of LAUSD would still manage to drop out.

"Sell your chips for beer money here! Today only get a free t-shirt"

"Sell your chips for beer money here! Today only get a free t-shirt"

change that to crack and guns and you'd be more accurate.

change that to crack and guns and you'd be more accurate.

:iamwithstupid:

What is really interesting to think about IMO is how will the future look 1,000 years from now. On the one hand, one could say that a person from today going 1,000 years into the future would find a world (provided technology keeps advancing and society doesn't collapse) that, while many of the technologies might be very magical in comparison to what we have now, they could still relate to and function in, as opposed to say a person from AD 1011 waking up in 2011. OTOH though, when you look at how FAST technology is advancing, just over the last century, and in particular over the last thirty years alone, and you then wonder where will technology be 1,000 years from now, and then you factor in all the cultural changes that will have occurred as well over the centuries, and you realize that a person from now might well find society 1,000 years from now so different as to be too difficult to handle it.

You think about all the advances in culture (new forms of music, art, etc...that could form, entertainment, language (I doubt our current version of English will remain the same 1,000 years from now), technology (amazing new medical technologies, space travel, Freeman Dyson believes biotechnology alone may wipe out our need for fossil fuels within the next fifty years, robotics technology (robots 1,000 years from now will probably be full-on androids, etc...), and it's amazing to ponder about. What I don't like is I won't live long enough to see it :rant:

In some ways, scary. In other ways, very very cool.

Sign me up Doc .............I want to know Jiu Jitsu too, or at least remember every joke ever told to me, hell even just remember where I placed my fcuking keys :D