Lambo to drop manual transmissions

EpDarks

It is a sad day when exotics no longer allow the driver to be totally involved in the driving experience!!

Article is talking about next year replacement of Gallardo. Makes sense, but no info on the car so far. Will it debut in some form in geneva this year?

It is a sad day when exotics no longer allow the driver to be totally involved in the driving experience!!

Doesn't sound like anyone wants to be involved. My current car is a stick, and I would be surprised if I ended up getting another manual for my next car. I do love to row my own gears, don't get me wrong, but at the end of the day I want the most performance the car can give me and if that means paddles, then paddles it is. For the price of an exotic I'd rather say "I can get there faster" then "I have three pedals." And with exotics becoming more everyday friendly I want something better in traffic.

Doesn't sound like anyone wants to be involved. My current car is a stick, and I would be surprised if I ended up getting another manual for my next car. I do love to row my own gears, don't get me wrong, but at the end of the day I want the most performance the car can give me and if that means paddles, then paddles it is. For the price of an exotic I'd rather say "I can get there faster" then "I have three pedals." And with exotics becoming more everyday friendly I want something better in traffic.

Well it looks like the stickshift transmission has finally become as esoteric and purist as a turntable with a tube amplifier....at least as far as the high end car segment is concerned. Analog/tube guys are a cult, and it looks like 10-20 years from now stickshift guys will be the same way. :icon_thumleft:

I don't have BMWRACER's experience, but I still feel that paddle shift transmissions only really bring their value on the racetrack. I've never tracked a semi-auto before, but I can see that maybe then those cars can be super fun for us 3 pedal purists, maybe even MORE FUN than stick. (still doubting the latter part, hehe)

On the street, their disconnectedness forces you to drive a lot harder to get the same enjoyment out of a car, IMO.

There are faster and better handling cars that I've driven than my friend's Diablo, but it still was way more fun at 5/10 than F430 and Gallardo with paddles.

I'm going into my corner now and want to be left alone. :crybaby2:

:icon_mrgreen:

This makes me sad and pisses me off at the same time.

There is nothing better than a 6-speed manual exotic for pure driving fun. It's driving nirvana for me.

Lambo7.jpg

Even after driving the E-Gear 560 and E-Gear Murci, it's just not the same, even though they are way faster than mine.

This makes me sad and pisses me off at the same time.

There is nothing better than a 6-speed manual exotic for pure driving fun. It's driving nirvana for me.

post-23410-1310169534.jpg

Even after driving the E-Gear 560 and E-Gear Murci, it's just not the same, even though they are way faster than mine.

:iamwithstupid:

I will say that I'd like to eventually have an e-gear type car as part of a collection for the novelty aspect. But to have a manufacturer eliminate my options is sad.

Well hate to say "I told you so" but I stated this back in July of 2009 when I got my 1 of ONLY 5 6 speed manual LP670-4SV ( 1 of only 2 in the USA)...I KNEW this was coming..

I must also be quite up front and say I knew this for the 2012 G car as well, about 5 weeks ago when 2011 cars were to be stopped for production..

Hence I bought all the 6 speed cars I could get my hands on..

Have three in stock now..

2011 LP 550-2 Triple Black 454 miles, as if like new

2011 LP570-4SL Triple Black under 400 miles LOADED all things except CCB

2008 LP640 as well, under 3000 miles

and of course my 2010 LP670-4SV..but its really not for sale...I think

\\

Unfortuantely the economics are such that exotics are bought by status seekers and not true enthusiasts, and since those d-bags are posers they can't operate a manual transmission!!!!

gotta keep them lap times down on your way to work or spirited drive in the back woods, every 1/10th of a second counts and you never know, some team owner may just be looking to pick up a new driver

:rolleyes:

When on GIRO last month with Lambo exec team, I specifically asked the question, "Will manual transmission continue to be available in the future?".

I was told YES on the Gallardo and Gallardo replacement (Cabrera or whatever it's gonna be called)

and NO on the Aventador.

It'll be interesting to see what they do. I can't imagine NOT offering manual as an option.

\\

Unfortuantely the economics are such that exotics are bought by status seekers and not true enthusiasts, and since those d-bags are posers they can't operate a manual transmission!!!!

Yep, it seems true enthusiasts only buy 2nd hand :rolleyes: . Sorry but the only people complaining about this should be manual box new car buyers.

Yep, it seems true enthusiasts only buy 2nd hand :rolleyes: . Sorry but the only people complaining about this should be manual box new car buyers.

O.K. .... I'm officially complaining ! :icon_mrgreen:

Agreed.

There sure are a lot of people complaining about the disappearance of manual transmissions considering only a small fraction of cars are ordered with them in the first place. Vote with your orders and wallets...

two thumbs down, way down! never driven anything but manuals and my future lambo WILL be a stick...and apparently used!

:iamwithstupid:

People buy what is in the showrooms. They only stock flappy paddle, so that's what people buy...

Sad day. Just hope someone is keeping my Lambo safe for when I'm ready to buy :)