Diablo vs F40

EpDarks

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

F40 looks extremely dated and is completely overrated. And YES I have driven one (several , in fact). My Ford GT with the pulley and tune done will beat the living snot out of the overrated F40 - BOTH in looks

and on the track. Any F40 owners care to take up my challenge?

Thought not...

Blah, blah blah.

I can make a Pinto faster than your Ford. I can make a Focus faster than your GT as well. Who cares.

Let alone an F40 with LM or GTE mods will clean your clock.

And if you remember, the F40 was raced in FIA GT BPR and did well. I believe the new Ford GT has raced as well......and never won a fcuking thing. I actually believe it was last in class at Le Mans this year.

Your argument is useless.

Blah, blah blah.

I can make a Pinto faster than your Ford. I can make a Focus faster than your GT as well. Who cares.

And if you remember, the F40 was raced in FIA GT BPR and did well. I believe the new Ford GT has raced as well......and never won a fcuking thing. I actually believe it was last in class at Le Mans this year.

:read:

post-9296-1310772263.jpg

F40 looks extremely dated and is completely overrated. And YES I have driven one (several , in fact). My Ford GT with the pulley and tune done will beat the living snot out of the overrated F40 - BOTH in looks

and on the track. Any F40 owners care to take up my challenge?

Thought not...

:lol2:

Sure it is ! But if you have an F40 then why not enjoying it ? I don't want to insult you, only thing is that I doubt the 500% value for 10% more performance. Thats it. I don't have to prove that the kitcar industry replicated the Diablo the most, it is a fact. But I am interested in hesring your opinion about it. Let's be clear that the F40 seems to be a great car that at THAT time, set a leap forward. No doubt. But still, highly highly overpriced, or the Diablo is highly underpriced. Maybe both

I'm sorry, but if you have really driven an F40, you clearly missed the point of the car. It's raw, amazing, and a thrill to drive! I as well have driven one and no, it wasn't smooth, quiet, or overly comfortable, but it was exactly what I wanted it to be. That car is utterly amazing and revolutionized the supercar world as we know it. Do some upgrades and it turns into a sub 3000lb near 700HP animal!

Swap to the LM brake masters with some better calipers, and i would bet some serious $$$ that it would run circles around an Enzo with the same driver piloting both cars.

F40 is an absolutely beautiful car, and I hate to say it but given year for year, it puts the diablo to shame. There is a reason the pristine cars are trading north of $700k.

FYI - I personally took these photos @ Silver State in Nevada. Yeah they were a few year ago, but the car performed/raced well and looked amazing.

PI5Send1211.jpg

PI5Send816.jpg

PI5Send5331.jpg

I would bet a huge pile of money that if you drive up to Fried Siegel in an F40 and a Diablo, nobody will give a fcuk about the Diablo other than the pigeons shitting on it.

WOW!!!

You guys over here (this site) are pretty high-spirited, indeed :)

And, I thought the guys over on F-Chat were the only ones who got riled up !

One cup of gas I'd throw on the fire...... Keep in mind that the designers of the F40 had almost no consideration to how it would "look" aesthetically ---- their goal was pure function over form. Enzo's instructions were to make the F40 the pinnacle of Ferrari performance and technology capabilities at the time and to celebrate the 40th anniversary of the marque --- and to make his own "life's work" statement --- as he knew his days were drawing to an end soon. Ferrari was not motivated by sales concerns --- their other cars' sales were very strong and did not need the F40 to make them any money. Furthermore, the F40's looks are pure derivatives of the chassis engineering and materials used. In other words, it had to end up looking like it does solely as a consequence of getting it to perform like it does.

The guys at Lambo wanted to build a (very) fast car, yes.....but, they were more focused on, and driven strongly by, (with marketing in mind and trying to bring Lambo sales numbers up to return the company to profitability) making the Diablo the "visual successor" to the Countach......to recapture the poster-making, jaw-dropping appeal Lambo always wanted their cars to have.

Therefore, I think both companies succeeded equally well ---- but, they were trying to do entirely different things. So, it only follows that their end results would be entirely different :)

I'll buy an F40 today at 650K, hold on to it for about 5 years, and sell it when appreciates to 1M+. Then, if I want something that makes 20-year old girls wet their pants (and to massage my ego as I am then an old man whom 20-year old girls will likely mistake for their Grandfather), I will take the proceeds of the F40 sale and fill my garage with 10 or so of the most stunning Diablos I can find :P

And, I'll have to second kane00's sentiment.....

A properly prepped F40, in full GTE specification, will eat the damn lunches of any car (regardless of modifications) out there with similar engine displacement --- remember, it's only 3.0 liters !!!!

Sure, some nimrod can super-charge and over-tweak a 3.0 liter Nissan engine to Frankenstein proportions...bolt it into a stripped down, light-weighted, race chassis.....and put on one helluva show ----- but, when it blows up after an hour of running time, the F40 GTE will be just getting broken in :)

I'm sorry, but if you have really driven an F40, you clearly missed the point of the car. It's raw, amazing, and a thrill to drive! I as well have driven one and no, it wasn't smooth, quiet, or overly comfortable, but it was exactly what I wanted it to be. That car is utterly amazing and revolutionized the supercar world as we know it. Do some upgrades and it turns into a sub 3000lb near 700HP animal!

Swap to the LM brake masters with some better calipers, and i would bet some serious $$$ that it would run circles around an Enzo with the same driver piloting both cars.

F40 is an absolutely beautiful car, and I hate to say it but given year for year, it puts the diablo to shame. There is a reason the pristine cars are trading north of $700k.

FYI - I personally took these photos @ Silver State in Nevada. Yeah they were a few year ago, but the car performed/raced well and looked amazing.

PI5Send1211.jpg

PI5Send816.jpg

PI5Send5331.jpg

I would bet a huge pile of money that if you drive up to Fried Siegel in an F40 and a Diablo, nobody will give a fcuk about the Diablo other than the pigeons shitting on it.

Im going to disagree on a few things.. 1 Pristine cars are trading around 500k... Number 2... The last time I saw an F40 parked at a restaurant in Florida, the kids at the table next to us were reffering to it as the OLD Ferrari, with no idea what it was.. Just that it looked old.. I myself was appalled..

Im assuming you mean Fred Seigel in L.A., and in L.A. an F40 will get hardly a glance from anyone. The locals shop at Freds, and no one will give 2 shits. In L.A. only the newest and most expensive gets looked at.

...In L.A. only the newest and most expensive gets looked at.

Thankfully, the rest of the world does not subscribe to the plastic-fantastic, superficial, and poser-esque value system that most of LA-LA LAND embraces......

Im going to disagree on a few things.. 1 Pristine cars are trading around 500k... Number 2... The last time I saw an F40 parked at a restaurant in Florida, the kids at the table next to us were reffering to it as the OLD Ferrari, with no idea what it was.. Just that it looked old.. I myself was appalled..

Im assuming you mean Fred Seigel in L.A., and in L.A. an F40 will get hardly a glance from anyone. The locals shop at Freds, and no one will give 2 shits. In L.A. only the newest and most expensive gets looked at.

Sorry dumbo,

You can't touch a pristine F40 right now for 500K. A super nice GTO that I know of personally just sold for 1 million 2 weeks ago.

If you pulled an F40 up to Fred Segal at lunch people would shit.

Your ass is in bed at 1pm, so when was the last time your ass was at Fred Segal for lunch???? FYI, I was there today.

I would love to drive and F40.....

Strangely however, I do remember reading in the in depth comparison (In Scotland I think?) between the 959, F40 and QV, by Gordon Murray, that he reckoned in the dry they were fairly evenly matched...

So what the fcuk was that about ??

I think it was in Ct The Complete Story...anyone have that to hand?

Sorry dumbo,

You can't touch a pristine F40 right now for 500K. A super nice GTO that I know of personally just sold for 1 million 2 weeks ago.

Your ass is in bed at 1pm, so when was the last time your ass was at Fred Segal for lunch???? FYI, I was there today.

Really? Ive been looking at F40s to see what they sell for, and have been asking for.. As an example Benny Chiolas 5k mile F40 just sold for 500K..

Im in Fred Segal, approx every 2 weeks... :icon_thumleft:

The last time you tooled around town in an F40.. It was new, I was skinny, unmarried and life was good! Times have changed! No one would care about the F40..

Thankfully, the rest of the world does not subscribe to the plastic-fantastic, superficial, and poser-esque value system that most of LA-LA LAND embraces......

Hmm I dont know.. Its same in South Florida.. Thats where the kids where describing the F40 as just an old Ferrari..

Strangely however, I do remember reading in the in depth comparison (In Scotland I think?) between the 959, F40 and QV, by Gordon Murray, that he reckoned in the dry they were fairly evenly matched...

Just as in some of your race stories... The Countach would get absolutely OBLITERATED by an F40..There is absolutely ZERO comparison..

Really? Ive been looking at F40s to see what they sell for, and have been asking for.. As an example Benny Chiolas 5k mile F40 just sold for 500K..

Im in Fred Segal, approx every 2 weeks... :icon_thumleft:

The last time you tooled around town in an F40.. It was new, I was skinny, unmarried and life was good! Times have changed! No one would care about the F40..

First, you couldn't fit in an F40.

You don't go to Fred Segal because their deserts are awful mostly because they use healthy ingredients, which we know is a no no for you. (yes, i know the chef and know what they use)

And the best example is you find that slug, butt ass ugly, Porsche of your attractive, so that makes all of your opinions worthless!!! :icon_butt:

First, you couldn't fit in an F40.

You don't go to Fred Segal because their deserts are awful mostly because they use healthy ingredients, which we know is a no no for you. (yes, i know the chef and know what they use)

And the best example is you find that slug, butt ass ugly, Porsche of your attractive, so that makes all of your opinions worthless!!! :icon_butt:

I can fit.. No problemo.. Driven before also..

You dont know any chef's just the mexican busboys..

As for my Herbie.. Well yes, Herbie is the KING of Supercars!

I can fit.. No problemo.. Driven before also..

You dont know any chef's just the mexican busboys..

As for my Herbie.. Well yes, Herbie is the KING of Supercars!

Ferrari didn't make the "jumbo seat" back then. So only way you fit is removing the passenger seat too!!

Herbie need to go the way of the dinosaurs!

Gordon Murray is and has always been too biased against Ferrari to have any credibility whatsoever when comparing a Ferrari to any other car.

Just as in some of your race stories... The Countach would get absolutely OBLITERATED by an F40..There is absolutely ZERO comparison..

Once again Fagllan, I didnt say anything to the contrary..... :thefinger:

Gordon Murray is and has always been too biased against Ferrari to have any credibility whatsoever when comparing a Ferrari to any other car.

:iamwithstupid:

I like his McLarens, but his anti-Ferrari bias is too much.

Blah, blah blah.

Lets see you make a Pinto, F40 with mods or anything faster than the Ford GT. Currently the Ford GT holds the Mojave mile record at 266 MPH. Thats the fact. What has the F40 ever won but your thrown away money on it. Overpriced,

not fast, not pretty. Perfect car for the Ferrari Fags.

Hows that white leisure suit fit that you wear in it? How often do owners of the car stare into the mirror and say "FREEZE! MIAMI VICE!"

F40 = CLOWN OF THE 80's.

Sorry dumbo,

You mean this one doesn't exist? :

Share | |

1991 Ferrari F40

This beautiful example only shows 4,807 original miles, painted as they all were in Rosso Corsa Red paint, combined with the extreme Ferrari styling and innovation, this car remains an incredible collector car. It is a true Super Car that would fit into anyone’s collection and could be enjoyed on the street or track.

Item Number: 1010334

Mileage: 4807

Price: $595,000

Stock#: 12220

Vin#: ZFFMN34A6M0089944

Get a History Report

Exterior: Rosso Corsa Red

Interior: Red

Body Style: 2 Door Coupe

Engine: 2.9L Twin Turbo

Transmission: N/A

Make: Ferrari

Model: F40

888-637-8269

This listing has been viewed 2154 times.

Wheel Zone

Performance Zone

Now whos the dumbshit? Not to be to personal Kane00 but typically I find people who brag about what "eatery" they go to, or what car they drive and so on are really guys in their parents upstairs bedroom typing on their used computers in their whitey-tighties. That wouldn't describe you would it?

I think the F40 sucks. You think its GOD. Lets just leave it at that.