TWIN TURBO GALLARDO CUSTOMERS PAST AND PRESENT

Looking at this thread I can't see a reason NOT to TT. Care to share those PMs? Just leave the nick out of the PMs.

A bolt on kit running 5.5 psi on pump with a second tune that will run 8.3 psi on 100+ IMO is the perfect set up. Alex dyno'd my car with this set up at 650 RWHP and 750 RWHP on the higher boost setting. I have a switch that lets me change between the two settings when I want to run 100+. Any more HP than this is when things are going to start to break. Only thing I've noticed that I need is better braking cause I can get going so fast in a short amount of distance I need the same on the breaking side. I had alex put on the better pads but the rotors were still stock and have just about had it. lol. I will be replacing them soon.

I also want to add that I'm back in Phx and its been 100+ degrees. I've driven the car about 2 or 3 times this week with the a/c cranking cold and the car has not shown even one sign of getting to hot and this is with me getting on it every now and then. This car runs as if it came from the factory set up the way it is. I'm extremely happy with it and will continue to drive it until something else can compete with what this set up has to offer. The 6-speed, the power, the comfort of running in this kind of heat with no issues and best of all it turn into a convertible in less then 20 seconds and then the music you hear when that top is down is priceless.

The only other thing I want to add is that I had alex put in a front diff cooler after it came back from NY last year. When I was running on pump at 5.5 psi I never had any issues but when I ran the higher boost the front end got to hot and gave me a warning light and this was in NY when it was only 80 to 90 degrees last year. Some cars have had this issue, others have not. Allan's car with a built motor and higher boost never had this issue. Alex's car did and he blew out a front shaft. He designed and developed a front diff cooler for his SL and never had an issue after that. I had him install the same front diff cooler on mine last year and have not had any front diff issues since. Again....this seems to be car specific. I'm running a bolt on set up and had issues, alex and allan were running higher boost setting and more HP and one had front diff issues and the other didn't. Just more info for the guys out there thinking about a TT kit.

It was 103 today and I drove the car in the middle of the day and had 104 octane running the 8.3 boost setting with the a/c cranking. I was looking for an excuse to keep driving somewhere. I can't express how much I've enjoyed this car after having it TT'd.

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The only other thing I want to add is that I had alex put in a front diff cooler after it came back from NY last year.

My front diff is leaking... having the seals replaced. Wonder if a diff cooler is in my future too. I don't know if that has anything to do with the TT kit, but perhaps there's a correlation.

My front diff is leaking... having the seals replaced. Wonder if a diff cooler is in my future too. I don't know if that has anything to do with the TT kit, but perhaps there's a correlation.

Like I said, its car specific and I actually got the 4X4 warning light on my dash telling me that the front end was getting to hot......so I figured before I blew up the front end I better put the cooler on it. I also changed out the rear diff fluid at the same time when the front cooler and new fluid was put in.

Sorry to hear that above experience.

Out of the near 50 cars we have built, we have had only one engine failure at a race. That Gallardo was racing at the Texas Mile at near 40psi with over revving playing a huge factor in the loss of the engine. Other than that while racing we have hurt a camshaft and lifted a head all while COMPETING at a high level.

All of our engines in the street Twin Turbo Gallardos have been PERFECT!

What about the full TT Murcielago's?

20,000 miles on a Heffner Gallardo TT install and still going strong...

Comment from the video description...

with over 20k miles since this car was twin turboed we did some regular maintnance and a few dyno runs to be sure everything is ok. Still running great!