TWIN TURBO GALLARDO CUSTOMERS PAST AND PRESENT

Didn't he have 1 of the 2 turbos go bad shortly after picking it up? NOT the tuners fault as it was simply a faulty turbo and was remedied right away, but that is a small issue.

I could be wrong, but I remember reading that from one of the Florida guys and IIRC it was Vroom.

I think that was Wayne.

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think that was Wayne.

Yep it was. Wayne flew in to drive his car home from Heffners shop with Vroom.

I think that was Wayne.

Ahh I think you a right. That was on his spider iirc. Was a while ago so I was trying to go off memory.

From Kisco whom was banned recently:

"My DLM bolt on kit ran perfectly other than a bad turbo seal which broke while at the shop (sounds almost like Waynes issue). It was fixed the same day. I ran the car very hard over and over and it never missed a beat."

He also wanted me to post that he said "Allan sucks donkey dick." or something along those lines. :bleh:

This entire thread was set up to turn into a pissing match from post #1.

It's become nauseating to listen to stupid insentient gibberish about "these guys suck" "I heard their motors blow up" "We got 25,000hp and did 451mph in the mile" and the other bullshit.

Choose who ever the fcuk you want to work on your car and live with it. We all know most of the major fcuk ups, complaints and blow ups never make it beyond the owners and shops owners. As it should be. That's between them and no one else. Thats why stand up shops have warranty etc. Somebody chooses to dump 60K into a car from a shop not backing it up with a warranty, well that's their fault. When you jump into the mega horsepower arena you better be ready to pay. So sitting here playing he said she said is just a stupid ass waste of time.

HHmmmmmm....sort of like quoting VBOX numbers as well.

Current UR TTG owner, have owned the car for a little over a year - have put just over 7,000 miles on it. The only issue I have ever had was a faulty fuel pump. I called Kevin at 9pm as I was on the road, he met me at their shop at midnight, put my wife & I up in the Marriott, repaired the fuel pump, washed/waxed the car and, picked me up early the next morning and, we were on our way. The car has always been set at over 900RWHP. We have beat on the car repeatedly, racing anyone who was willing without issue.

WOW, never heard of such great service!

It's become nauseating to listen to stupid insentient gibberish about "these guys suck" "I heard their motors blow up" "We got 25,000hp and did 451mph in the mile" and the other bullshit.

Choose who ever the fcuk you want to work on your car and live with it. We all know most of the major fcuk ups, complaints and blow ups never make it beyond the owners and shops owners. As it should be. That's between them and no one else. Thats why stand up shops have warranty etc. Somebody chooses to dump 60K into a car from a shop not backing it up with a warranty, well that's their fault. When you jump into the mega horsepower arena you better be ready to pay. So sitting here playing he said she said is just a stupid ass waste of time.

HHmmmmmm....sort of like quoting VBOX numbers as well.

No pissing match.. Ive tried to go in and delete any posts that are derogatory towards a specific tuner.. Its simply about TTG in general..

From Kisco whom was banned recently:

"My DLM bolt on kit ran perfectly other than a bad turbo seal which broke while at the shop (sounds almost like Waynes issue).

Oh yeah, one thing that did happen with Wayne's spyder was the tranny shredded. Whether or not that had to do specifically from the TT system or from having the wrong tires is a point of contention.

What were the issues Ben from Vegas with Waynes first TTG that he had that he stopped posting?

Do you remember when he told us? I don't remember anymore.

Thing is, Allan is right, that was the first one ever and pretty much a beta tester for the future tt-g's. Plus when Ben got it who knows what it had been through.

In regard to the turbos going bad and that not being the tuners fault... when was the last time you heard of a turbo going bad on a benz, or audi, or any of the millions of diesel pickup trucks running around this country?

Turbos generally don't fail when they are properly oiled and drained, and they are very sensitive to too much oil flow which will push the seals and make them leak.

And don't even come back with "these are race cars, they are harder on parts etc" because your average bone stock diesel truck puts 30+ psi through the turbo for endless miles.

I really didn't take it as that. It seems like a legitimate thread, especially for those interested in TT'ing their car, to see what others have experienced and who they've experienced it with. It's only the ones that don't have first hand experience w/ a TTG that have added any "gibberish", and the thread doesn't seem to be geared towards hearing from them anyway.

What has your experience w/ a TTG been like?

Kyle

Keith,

To Kyles point, this thread is more to bring to light anyone that has hidden in the shadows and had issues with their TTG to show how reliable or unreliable they are at various power levels. I think it has very good intentions and will hopefully bring forth real life answers to the proposed questions (which I have no answers for myself as I have never owned one).

To Keith's point the main issue is even those who own the cars may be hesitant to post issues due to the negative PR it gives to each respective tuner. You don't want the shop to not be on your side if you blow a tranny, or throw a rod through the block.

In any respect I find it awesome that these cars are built with twice the power (or more) that they are originally designed for, and for the mostpart have been as reliable (or moreso) than stock. That is a true testament to the amount of work each tuner puts into each one of their builds. They all rock!

-Mike

I definitely feel the post should only be about personal experiences w/ people's own car and not what their friend experienced, what they heard, etc. If it's done in the manner the thread was designed for, there would be ZERO pissing, name calling, misinformation, etc., as the post would only be about that persons car and that persons experience w/ it. Most customers are going to be fans of their tuner, especially since they dropped a good chunk of money w/ them and anything less would somewhat cast themselves in a negative light for ever picking them to begin with and possibly strain a relationship. For that reason, since getting many negative comments could be a challenge, people can look at the number of positive ones as a way of gauging a tuner's capabilities, service, and quality.

Kyle

Oh yeah, one thing that did happen with Wayne's spyder was the tranny shredded. Whether or not that had to do specifically from the TT system or from having the wrong tires is a point of contention.

That was due to incorrect tire sizes..

Do you remember when he told us? I don't remember anymore.

Thing is, Allan is right, that was the first one ever and pretty much a beta tester for the future tt-g's. Plus when Ben got it who knows what it had been through.

I would not put that car into the GTT equation.. Not only was it the first TT car, but after it was sorted it was turned into an abortion, with several different shops working on it.. Hence why Heffner didnt want much of anything to do with it..

Not to mention.. knowing what we know about Bens past, who knows how honest he was..

I wonder if that could be an issue for mine, as for having another TTG I would very much consider it. They are way too much fun to say no to :)

There will always be a little bit of an oil burning smell but there should be no smoke or oil dripping from the exhaust. Mine was so bad that you could see the oil splatter all over the back bumper from when I would get on it and then when I would park the car it would drip out the exhaust, onto the rear spoiler and then onto the ground. Every car will be different and require a little tweaking with the oil injectors from what alex and jason told me. As long as the seals in the turbos are not leaking (which mine were) you can dial it in perfect. I have not see a drop of oil from the exhaust or on the rear bumper since we replaced both turbos and changed the injectors. I think we started with .34 injectors (more oil) and are currently running .20's. There was a .24 in there somewhere too I think. Not sure though. As long as the turbos are good changing the injectors takes two seconds.

I simply tried to reach a conclusion and with the PM's I have recieved, this thread, my other thread etc in hand, I must say I was right in my assumptions in TTG's and for me that is all I ever wanted, no pissing match, no beef with UGR or any other tuner and most definately not arabian protein balls..

:icon_thumleft:

I simply tried to reach a conclusion and with the PM's I have recieved, this thread, my other thread etc in hand, I must say I was right in my assumptions in TTG's and for me that is all I ever wanted, no pissing match, no beef with UGR or any other tuner and most definately not arabian protein balls..

:icon_thumleft:

Looking at this thread I can't see a reason NOT to TT. Care to share those PMs? Just leave the nick out of the PMs.

How about a forum member's GTT? I feel better already!

That is a great video.

I was in here for the TT discussion because I was really impressed with my visit to UGR (or is it UR...I see both) and I wanted to hear what long time owners had to say about the issue.

UGR is simply what Underground has been referred to by the public in the early stages of their work before they started being well known, but they themselves go by UR. Their printed material is UR, logo, shirts, website, etc. I am as long a UR TTG owner as they get. Their shop is impressive, but the commitment to their customers and continually striving for the absolute best is what I appreciate about them. As most of you have seen, Kevin of UR, is ademant about their reputation, many times to a fault. That is looked upon by some as annoying or even childish, but it's simply a passion for being the best and striving to protect what they've built. Their work speaks for itself, along w/ their accomplishments. Many here could give a rats about how fast you can go in a mile, or how quick you can cover the 1/4 mile, but it's by putting things to the test that advancements are made. If a customer is more into road courses, I would think a simple bolt on w/ mild boost would be better than a full blown build, but most customers I have seen are like me and love to drive these cars on the street. Since they are AWD, they handle 1,000whp quite well and nothing I've owned comes close to the thrill of how the power is delivered. I have 4 other cars w/ over 1,000rwhp and as fun as they are, the TTG is by far my favorite.

Sorry to post about TTG's and stuff in the midst of what this thread has become.

Kyle

Yep.....one of the reasons I left this forum for a while. And now I'm reminded why again.

Bill, what power level you been running in your car lately? I finally got my RSC front splitters mounted on my 560 bumper. I see you're running them too.

Kyle

850 & 1k hp which is plenty for me :)

yep i love the rsc treatment, looks sick!