LP640 Taillights- Fitment 02-04 VS 05-06?

exoticalex

I am looking at upgrading the tail lights on my 05 Murci, and I ran across a thread that mentioned 02-04's needing custom fabrication, but 05-06's didnt. Is this true?

I am looking at upgrading the tail lights on my 05 Murci, and I ran across a thread that mentioned 02-04's needing custom fabrication, but 05-06's didnt. Is this true?

Did you find this thread: http://www.lambopower.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=32243

I am pretty sure the taillights are the same for 02-06, but maybe a mechanic or someone with a parts manual can verify.

Did you find this thread: http://www.lambopower.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=32243

I am pretty sure the taillights are the same for 02-06, but maybe a mechanic or someone with a parts manual can verify.

That was the thread that I got the conflicting information. I couldnt imagine the 05-06 being any different, as the bodys are the same.

• 2 weeks later...
I just did this last weekend. Here is a link to my DIY write up for the taillight conversion. I tried to be as detailed as possible so almost anyone can do it. I hope this helps someone out there.

http://www.safeer.us/?p=239

Nice post Vrracr

How did you make the bracket to support the outside of the light? when I dis my conversion I found that

it was only possible to use one of the support bolts on the outside (the lower one) I generally found the conversion to be

ok except for the poor light support on the outside

The job look great when finished

Kipper

Kipper,

I wrote about this in my post. When I started cutting, I was very conservative and did little by little along the top and outside edges. I kept cutting (I started with the right side first) and kept trying to fit the light in. When I got it perfect, I realized that no bracket was going to be necessary. The light fits in so snug that it wouldn't move even before putting in the screws that hold it to the car. Then I used the right side as a guide to cut the left and got it right the first time.

IMO, the brackets are only necessary if you cut too much out. Otherwise, a fatter edge on the outside helps secure the lights. Mine are not going anywhere considering the force it took to get them in. Of course, the screws on the inner sides will also make sure of this.

Nice post Vrracr

How did you make the bracket to support the outside of the light? when I dis my conversion I found that

it was only possible to use one of the support bolts on the outside (the lower one) I generally found the conversion to be

ok except for the poor light support on the outside

The job look great when finished

Kipper