05LSV Buying a Gallardo Thread

05LSV

If he never settles for anything, he will not end up with a car. There is no such thing as a used car factory. In any case when you are buying a pre owned car, you will have to settle unless the stars align. Especially when you are speaking about a car with such low production volume. If you want to practice being the Howard Roark of the car buying world, you will likely not be buying cars unless you purchase new from the factory.

Honestly, every time I bought a car that I wasn't a 100% sure about, i regretted it later. Surely it would compound the issue quite a bit

when the price is over $100k than what i have purchased.

Personally, I would rather not buy a car at that price range than not get as close to the exact car I want.

My father once gave me the same speech and said if you want a perfect car buy new.

I bought the exact car I wanted minus 1 option, and it still bothers me today. I saved nearly $20,000 off the price of the new car, so I

am not too upset about it.

• Replies 229
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Honestly, every time I bought a car that I wasn't a 100% sure about, i regretted it later. Surely it would compound the issue quite a bit

when the price is over $100k than what i have purchased.

Personally, I would rather not buy a car at that price range than not get as close to the exact car I want.

My father once gave me the same speech and said if you want a perfect car buy new.

I bought the exact car I wanted minus 1 option, and it still bothers me today. I saved nearly $20,000 off the price of the new car, so I

am not too upset about it.

You make a good point when it comes to normal production cars, but Rouleur is referencing low-production cars like Lamborghinis and the odds of you getting exactly everything you want in a used Lamborghini is much lower if you're not willing to compromise at least a bit.

For example, I searched and searched and searched for the following:

Black Gallardo coupe with glass bonnet, 6-speed manual, red interior (or black interior with red stitching), silver Callistos, and I preferred a 2006.

Result: Impossible to find! And I STILL haven't come across a 2006 coupe with every option listed above!

I ended up getting a 2005 black 6-speed with black interior/gray stitching, glass bonnet. Ended up buying the silver Callistos and having them mounted on the car before taking delivery. Would have also loved to have the branding package and that Lamborghini logo on the passender-side dash that comes with 2006+ models...but you know, it wasn't gonna happen!

Very happy with my 2005 and it's been a blast!...have had it for well over 1.5 years and I still get the daily Gallardo updates from Autotrader, Dupont Registry, etc. and that elusive 2006 Gallardo manual coupe with a red interior or red stitching has never appeared!

You make a good point when it comes to normal production cars, but Rouleur is referencing low-production cars like Lamborghinis and the odds of you getting exactly everything you want in a used Lamborghini is much lower if you're not willing to compromise at least a bit.

For example, I searched and searched and searched for the following:

Black Gallardo coupe with glass bonnet, 6-speed manual, red interior (or black interior with red stitching), silver Callistos, and I preferred a 2006.

Result: Impossible to find! And I STILL haven't come across a 2006 coupe with every option listed above!

I hate to break it to you, but aside from the callistos, that car is currently on the market.

http://www.cars.com/go/search/detail.jsp?t...mp;aff=national

I hate to break it to you, but aside from the callistos, that car is currently on the market.

Now that is the only two tone interior that I like. I love red leather. I'm driving my first manual G this weekend so I'll have an idea if that's going to be an option with my purchase. Right now, it isn't.

lol, only on L-Power would somebody find that elusive car! Ok, I take back everything I said. :lol2:

Still, it took over 1.5 years to come across this car that has all the options I was looking for...wouldn't trade the fun times I've had with my Gallardo over that time period for anything!

Still, man, that is the exact car I was searching for!...what a beauty! Super rare to find that gem!

Gator,

I understand your point. But finding a black on black 06 car with egear, clear bonnet, navi, and callistos shouldn't be too difficult at all. Now if it was A Balloon white on red leather with white stitching 6-speed car that he was looking for, I would tell him good luck! Lol.

I was thinking balloon white on red leather with yellow stitching, carbon package, Ceramic brakes, VI Calipers, and 6-speed.

It has to be out there somewhere. lol

I was thinking balloon white on red leather with yellow stitching, carbon package, Ceramic brakes, VI Calipers, and 6-speed.

It has to be out there somewhere. lol

Lol.

Has to have the factory installed Super Trofeo wing package though which could only be installed by Valentino Balboni. Oh and can only have a May build date because April would make it too old.

If it comes down to getting the exact car you want and paying a little too much or settling for a lesser car to save $10,000 then I know what I would do because I did it. I searched hard for 9 months for the exact car I bought in January of this year. It was an '07 coupe yellow/black with all the options and 1200mi. I had set a budget of no more than $120 K. When I found this one my heart lept only to see the $149,000 asking price at a mercedes dealer in New York. Within 2 days I had talked him down to $126,750 and after looking at the big picture of: in 2 years will I be enjoying driving the exact car I wanted more or would I be missing the $6,750 more? I can tell you 10 months later that I am SO PROUD of my car and I don't regret 1 minute spending the extra $6,750 to get it. I mean after all what is $10,000 on a $130,000 purchase? 1/13 of if. Go with your heart and get what you really want!

Chay.... WOW good job on the negotiating! thats quite a large discount...

(unless it was overpriced a bit at that moment)

If it comes down to getting the exact car you want and paying a little too much or settling for a lesser car to save $10,000 then I know what I would do because I did it. I searched hard for 9 months for the exact car I bought in January of this year. It was an '07 coupe yellow/black with all the options and 1200mi. I had set a budget of no more than $120 K. When I found this one my heart lept only to see the $149,000 asking price at a mercedes dealer in New York. Within 2 days I had talked him down to $126,750 and after looking at the big picture of: in 2 years will I be enjoying driving the exact car I wanted more or would I be missing the $6,750 more? I can tell you 10 months later that I am SO PROUD of my car and I don't regret 1 minute spending the extra $6,750 to get it. I mean after all what is $10,000 on a $130,000 purchase? 1/13 of if. Go with your heart and get what you really want!

That's the right attitude. :)

Hey Blackberry: It was somewhat overpriced and it was in mid winter when the market is generally softer. He was also a Mercedes dealer and probably more willing to negotiate than a Lamborghini dealer would be.

Sharam (sp) is the new service director there... I would personally go there and speak with Micheal Luongo though (shop foreman). He is as honest as they come. I wouldn't worry about them lying to you to sell a car. They are very stand up guys and wont BS you.

Who are you dealing with in sales? I suggest speaking with Scott Whitworth or Tim Mckenna. Tell them Al sent you. They will treat you right. My family and I have bought a good amount of cars from them. No issues ever.

Prices seems to have gone up, I picked up my 08 VI spyder fairly well optioned last summer (QC stitching, egear, leather II, rear cam, nav, branding pkg, travel pkg, electric & heated seats, passport 9500ci + laser shifters, upgraded sound with amp + subwoofer) for 140. Miles were on the high side though around 13k but miles never bothered me.

So......when does the spyder get a TT boost!!?? :eusa_think:

• 3 weeks later...

I HATE THIS WEBSITE!!! I JUST BOUGHT AN ORANGE '05 MANUAL AND I SEE THIS POST. I WANTED BLACK/BLACK&RED

sorry... had to vent.

lol, only on L-Power would somebody find that elusive car! Ok, I take back everything I said. :lol2:

Still, it took over 1.5 years to come across this car that has all the options I was looking for...wouldn't trade the fun times I've had with my Gallardo over that time period for anything!

Still, man, that is the exact car I was searching for!...what a beauty! Super rare to find that gem!

We'll see. Still negotiating at this point but it looks like it might turn out positive.

Thanks for the reply, Jetifre. I'd rather use an independent if anyone happens to know one...

Thanks again for the replies.