Shut up and take my money!

Robster Craws

I've been strongly considering this for a future plate

back-to-the-future-9.jpg

A co-worker has a ton of BTTF stuff in his cube. I'm talking, that plate, a flux-capacitor, and believe it or not, he owns a Delorean.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rob, I thought I read that they already had 1500 pairs made, not that that's all they were making. It did say the first 150 are going to be auctioned off on ebay and proceeds will go to the Michael J Fox foundation which I think is a fantastic thing for Nike to do!

Rob, I thought I read that they already had 1500 pairs made, not that that's all they were making. It did say the first 150 are going to be auctioned off on ebay and proceeds will go to the Michael J Fox foundation which I think is a fantastic thing for Nike to do!

10 days of ebay auctions,150 pairs a day

If you read the FAQs on the auction listings:

Q: DO THE 2011 NIKE MAG SHOES POWER-LACE?

No. For the power-lace feature you will have to wait until 2015.

What a bummer!

WARRANTY

2011 NIKE MAG WEAR AND USE LIMITATIONS: The 2011 NIKE MAG (Magnetic Anti-Gravity) shoes are movie prop replicas of the Nike shoes appearing in the 1989 film Back to the Future Part II. 2011 NIKE MAG shoes are not designed or intended for normal wear and use as footwear.

WARRANTY AND PERIOD OF COVERAGE: Nike warrants that the 2011 NIKE MAG shoes will be free of defects in material and workmanship for the shorter period of: (i) 4 months from original purchase; or (ii) 100 hours of wearing

Size 12 ranging from $5,400-8,100 per pair. . . I don't think I've spent $8,100 on shoes in all my 30 years on this planet.

Then again i'm psyched to get some 6.0's on zappos for under $60.

First pair went for 35,000

Some have gone for 75,000 and one of our board members is a Nike exec and he says some will be over 100k

:crybaby2:

Don't fret, all for a good cause.

Some have gone for 75,000 and one of our board members is a Nike exec and he says some will be over 100k

That's crazy. Must have been a private sell. The ones on eBay are still going and are no where near that kind of money.

These aren't motorized right? Just wait until the real ones come out in 2015.

BTTF is my favorite trilogy of all time! And while the money goes to a good cause... I'm waiting for the 2015 working models :icon_mrgreen:

Just seeing that short shoe clip with the original score made me wanna watch the movies again. In fact, see ya in 6 hours :icon_thumleft:

Mmm, a few hours left and it looks like I might have a pair...psyche!

Michael, I know you want to let me and Rob test them out for you and let you know how they are right?? :)

Michael, I know you want to let me and Rob test them out for you and let you know how they are right?? :)

Just got out bidl...scrambling. Drat!

45 of the lot come in the yellow metal case that was shown by Tinker last night at the unveiling...insane!