Took the SV out for a spin

Allan-Herbie

Pretty sure it was an owner named Roger that Allan ran into. Both of them have orange Diablo 6.0's with the same wings.

Cool. Looks like Paul has tan interior and Roger has black.

Forgot to say it but love the car Allan.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You guys know you can manually move the monitor screen with a button to where you want it right? In the beginning of the video it appeared to be all the way back which is hard to see the screen with the sun on it and facing upward.

You guys know you can manually move the monitor screen with a button to where you want it right? In the beginning of the video it appeared to be all the way back which is hard to see the screen with the sun on it and facing upward.

I dunno.. but the radio kinda sucks ass! :lol2:

Hey Flying Lap - can you change your image - I hate seeing my ex girlfriend every time you post - have had that on there for over 2 years now LOL.

Allan, the radio probably does...it was good 8+ years ago when I had it installed....but probably nothing like the new pioneer and Alpine's. I think the button is on the top of the screen - see the buttons when it is closed.

Hey Flying Lap - can you change your image - I hate seeing my ex girlfriend every time you post - have had that on there for over 2 years now LOL.

No problem...Thats fcuking funny. ill find something good to replace her with!

:lol2: :lol2: :lol2: :lol2:

:iamwithstupid:

Allan, the radio probably does...it was good 8+ years ago when I had it installed....but probably nothing like the new pioneer and Alpine's. I think the button is on the top of the screen - see the buttons when it is closed.

Ill take a look at it.. Can we have more pics of your ex please? :icon_mrgreen:

Honestly, Im loving it.. I think Ive finally realised that crazy speed isnt most important (although fun) , that putting around L.A. in what is considered the best Ferrari made, is nowhere near as exciting as trying to do a 1/2 hour drive rowing the gears in a Diablo through the Mullholland Canyons at half the speed I would be doing in the Ferrari..

And maybe in a way it is being nostalgic. Takes you back to a day when exotics were exotic.. At the end of the day I find myself walking by the garage and taking a quick look at the Diablo. I never did that with the 458...

agree! a diablo is old it is slow compared to the new staff but it is good to drive one (and still looks better than 99% of current cars ;) )

in my opinion an old countach (400S, 5000S, DD ...any!!) is twice as fun (even if again much slower!) than the diablo

it is even more entertaining and fun..add the sound of carbs and it is perfect! :)

agree! a diablo is old it is slow compared to the new staff but it is good to drive one (and still looks better than 99% of current cars ;) )

in my opinion an old countach (400S, 5000S, DD ...any!!) is twice as fun (even if again much slower!) than the diablo

it is even more entertaining and fun..add the sound of carbs and it is perfect! :)

I now have some fantastic roads to drive these cars on and actually get to use them.. Last night went to Malibu for dinner and took a winding road that doesnt even have 1 stop sign or traffic light for 20 minutes, goes through 3 tunnels and we were the only car on it at 9pm..

I now have some fantastic roads to drive these cars on and actually get to use them.. Last night went to Malibu for dinner and took a winding road that doesnt even have 1 stop sign or traffic light for 20 minutes, goes through 3 tunnels and we were the only car on it at 9pm..

You should check out Encinal Canyon Rd in Malibu, that and Stunt Rd are probably my two favorites in the area.

Now that your are out here can show you all the fun roads :)

Yes, I def wanna know all the roads, and time to start getting some vids.. Herbie is getting a heart transplant this week and we need to get some video of him too..

Last night we took Kanan across.. it was a great fun!

Yes, I def wanna know all the roads, and time to start getting some vids.. Herbie is getting a heart transplant this week and we need to get some video of him too..

Last night we took Kanan across.. it was a great fun!

Sounds good!

you are right

good roads with little traffic are needed to enjoy the old stuff...without them, forget about it

a diablo or countach in traffic or boring roads is not only out of place but simply... a nightmare!

you are right

good roads with little traffic are needed to enjoy the old stuff...without them, forget about it

a diablo or countach in traffic or boring roads is not only out of place but simply... a nightmare!

Yes! Especially a Countach.. Traffic will kill you..

you are right

This one is on Mulholland often.

Right on Flying Lap! Thank you Brotha! Allan, I will see what I can find for more images of the SV...

post-10287-1316631785_thumb.jpg

All I have on this computer...do not really have much on the computer of the SV when I owned it unfortunately...back in the day before digital images and uploading images were the thing I guess.

post-10287-1316631863.jpeg

post-10287-1316631911_thumb.jpg

Allan, if you did not mean my ex SV and meant my ex girlfriend here you go...still hang with her...just went to the DBacks game last night together...she is still at my house sleeping in while I am at my office haahaa...always nice to have ex's!

post-10287-1316633141_thumb.jpg