Took the SV out for a spin

Allan-Herbie

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Be honest, getting into that after the lux and ease of the 458 is like sitting in a medieval torture chamber.

You can't tell me you're not fully over it after the last couple days with it, and this romp in the sack with your ex from 10 years ago didn't live up to the fondness of the memory... :icon_mrgreen:

What are the odds that you would run into another Diablo?....

Hmmm. Orange 6.0 with SV wing. Could be Paul, the former owner of my SV. Great guy and lives in your neck of the woods.

Why you put up the our drive back in 2002??? Haaaaaaahaaaaaa
Is this the white SV? :lol2:

Be honest, getting into that after the lux and ease of the 458 is like sitting in a medieval torture chamber.

Maybe so, but a 458 is obviously not bought for the same reasons as a Diablo.

I dear say the Jota is the most difficult and uncomfortable Diablo to drive of them all, but it all just adds to the experience. Suspension is stiffer than Peter North, it makes more noise than a space shuttle and the engine response is as damn rollercoaster. Still, nothing tingles my senses more than driving it.

I think it's hard to explain how something negative is good... But when you floor it, the suspension adds to a very good grip, the engine sends it's vibrations through the car so you can feel the it through your entire body (this is very prominent in the Jota, dunno if other Diablos are like this), and when you go all out the throttle response is excellent. Driving slow is like trying to tame a wild bull, and it's all a real challenge to control the machine in the proper manner. New cars are the opposite... Which is generally a good thing, but it takes a lot out of the equation when it comes to the driver. Any chump in the world can do a 11.2 run in a new GT-R, but it takes a hell of a driver to get a Diablo under 12 seconds.

Is this the white SV? :lol2:

Maybe so, but a 458 is obviously not bought for the same reasons as a Diablo.

I dear say the Jota is the most difficult and uncomfortable Diablo to drive of them all, but it all just adds to the experience. Suspension is stiffer than Peter North, it makes more noise than a space shuttle and the engine response is as damn rollercoaster. Still, nothing tingles my senses more than driving it.

I think it's hard to explain how something negative is good... But when you floor it, the suspension adds to a very good grip, the engine sends it's vibrations through the car so you can feel the it through your entire body (this is very prominent in the Jota, dunno if other Diablos are like this), and when you go all out the throttle response is excellent. Driving slow is like trying to tame a wild bull, and it's all a real challenge to control the machine in the proper manner. New cars are the opposite... Which is generally a good thing, but it takes a lot out of the equation when it comes to the driver. Any chump in the world can do a 11.2 run in a new GT-R, but it takes a hell of a driver to get a Diablo under 12 seconds.

Yes yes, we know all that of course. This was just about Allan and his old-man tendencies accelerating as he ages and how your EX is your EX for a reason... :icon_mrgreen:

It's not a referendum on the Diablo or any older L-car, just a joke.

Hmmm. Orange 6.0 with SV wing. Could be Paul, the former owner of my SV. Great guy and lives in your neck of the woods.

he said he used to own a 99 SV..

You can't tell me you're not fully over it after the last couple days with it, and this romp in the sack with your ex from 10 years ago didn't live up to the fondness of the memory... :icon_mrgreen:

Honestly, Im loving it.. I think Ive finally realised that crazy speed isnt most important (although fun) , that putting around L.A. in what is considered the best Ferrari made, is nowhere near as exciting as trying to do a 1/2 hour drive rowing the gears in a Diablo through the Mullholland Canyons at half the speed I would be doing in the Ferrari..

And maybe in a way it is being nostalgic. Takes you back to a day when exotics were exotic.. At the end of the day I find myself walking by the garage and taking a quick look at the Diablo. I never did that with the 458...

I don't care how shitty Diablo drives, I lOVE IT!!!!!!!!!!! Just wait and see.........Reborn of the SV :)

Time to do a TT.

Kevin it looks like Pauls 6.0. If it had black wheels with an orange lip and a little dancing tiki man in the rear window it was paul. Plus if the guy weighed 230+ it was paul.

Hands down he is the best driver I have ever been in and I'm sure anyone else who knows him will attest to that.

Car looks great allan! Nice to see you enjoying your self again.

Honestly, Im loving it.. I think Ive finally realised that crazy speed isnt most important (although fun) , that putting around L.A. in what is considered the best Ferrari made, is nowhere near as exciting as trying to do a 1/2 hour drive rowing the gears in a Diablo through the Mullholland Canyons at half the speed I would be doing in the Ferrari..

Agreed, speed not the most important to me as well

ALLAN HIT THE DESCRIPTION RIGHT ON THE NAIL HEAD..

ANY car can be made to go "Fast"....

But with all the things on the so called "Exoticvs" of today, theyhave lost the Driver and Machine inter-action. It is no longer a "Challange" to take your Machine out and become it's Master, to whip it into shape and become Dominateing force in the correct and proper operation of a on the edge machine.

You park the new cars in a garage and the run is over, you sit down watch TV with a Pepsi or whatever, the TRUE "Exotics", you look back at it in the Garage.....

and think " Yea, today I tamed you and I won!" so till we got to battle again, you take a shower and have an ice cold beer and replay the day's efforts in your head over and over again.

For this resaon, a Diablo WILL always be in my Garage, waiting the day it get's called to duty and shows me what we do "recreational" driving for, in a real car!!

Kevin it looks like Pauls 6.0. If it had black wheels with an orange lip and a little dancing tiki man in the rear window it was paul. Plus if the guy weighed 230+ it was paul.

Hands down he is the best driver I have ever been in and I'm sure anyone else who knows him will attest to that.

Car looks great allan! Nice to see you enjoying your self again.

Pretty sure it was an owner named Roger that Allan ran into. Both of them have orange Diablo 6.0's with the same wings. Here is a slideshow of a drive where both Roger and Paul were on.