UFC DISCUSSION NWS!

porter

Felt bad for Nelson. Agree with Rogan, Big Country probably has the best chin in MMA. Werdum looked HUGE beside Nelson. Wish he would get fit and fight at middle or welter.

Koscheck - the final piece of the unholy trinity of UFC Heels, completing the Sonnen, Bisping triad. Wish he lost, fair is fair and he snored this one to a W.

Does anyone else find the counter-strike strategy a la Machida, Liddell and Condit annoying? Nonetheless, reverse works and we've got a new interim. Unfortunately Diaz prolly had a better chance of beating down St. Pierre than Condit does.

Wouldn't mind some technical commentary from vyce on the Diaz Condit fight...

Agree on the Roy comments - That guy just DOESN'T GO DOWN. Unbelievable. As much as I like him, totally agree with the decision.

Koscheck - Don't like him, and fight was a toss up....It didn't look like the Koscheck of 2 years ago. He'll be done soon.

Condit - Yes the counterstrike game is boring to watch, but you have to give him credit - He stuck to him game plan 100%, didn't get phased by Diaz-The-Dick moves. He was WAY more effective punching off his heels than Diaz was coming at him. I've seen Condit fight before, and he is usually more aggressive than that - I believe he spent ALOT of time watching Diaz tapes, and 'figured out' how to use his aggression against him. Not the most exciting fight, but it was interesting to watch a disciplined fighter at work. Bravo, he deserves the belt on this one.

As far as Diaz's comments after the fight, just proves what a dick-head he is.

As far as Condit beating GSP...I dunno, anything is possible. But GSP didn't look that good in his last fight to Shields before he injured his knee. Couple that with not being able to fully train for months, and I think, and I hope, this is the end of GSP.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Agree on the Roy comments - That guy just DOESN'T GO DOWN. Unbelievable. As much as I like him, totally agree with the decision.

Koscheck - Don't like him, and fight was a toss up....It didn't look like the Koscheck of 2 years ago. He'll be done soon.

Condit - Yes the counterstrike game is boring to watch, but you have to give him credit - He stuck to him game plan 100%, didn't get phased by Diaz-The-Dick moves. He was WAY more effective punching off his heels than Diaz was coming at him. I've seen Condit fight before, and he is usually more aggressive than that - I believe he spent ALOT of time watching Diaz tapes, and 'figured out' how to use his aggression against him. Not the most exciting fight, but it was interesting to watch a disciplined fighter at work. Bravo, he deserves the belt on this one.

As far as Condit beating GSP...I dunno, anything is possible. But GSP didn't look that good in his last fight to Shields before he injured his knee. Couple that with not being able to fully train for months, and I think, and I hope, this is the end of GSP.

Agree on all comments too.

Interesting stat - Condit threw 151 strikes to Diaz's 105.

Werdum did great, still hate him though. And how about my man Big Country getting out of a back-mount?

Condit deserved this one, I saw so much GSP in him this fight (with the counter-striking,) that I believe that the title-unification match will either be the most boring fight ever, or force one of them to utilize ALL of their skill-set and make it the best fight ever.

Kos is done, seriously, never looked the same after fighting GSP and he probably never will.

Kos is done, seriously, never looked the same after fighting GSP and he probably never will.

He never saw the same after that fight either... ;)

picture_8_large_medium.png

dekk.jpg

:iamwithstupid:

But as much as I hate him, I hope he stays.

Why the GSP hate btw? :eusa_think:

Main card was uninspiring overall IMO. I did think Condit did a terrific job with Diaz, as his gameplan was perfect - he won a decisive decision in my opinion.

Roy and Werdum looked sloppy and lacking in cardio.

Koscheck may be my least favorite fighter to watch - I did enjoy when GSP embarrassed him in their fight.

The 2-point deduction by Herb in the Bruce LeRoy fight was extremely bizzare and unwarranted. Single point would have been appropriate.

I've been holding off on my thoughts, hoping I would somehow gain some appreciation after the fact, but I was very underwhelmed. Also kind of pissed because I was using the event to teach the new GF about the sport, and all I got to show her were tame striking battles.

The 2-point deduction by Herb in the Bruce LeRoy fight was extremely bizzare and unwarranted. Single point would have been appropriate.

Yep. That was ridiculous. Cost him the fight, too.

Condit has requested a rematch with Diaz. White has confirmed. It's on.

If I were Condit this doesn't make a ton of sense, but maybe he's got pressure on him from White? White has been pushing for Diaz/GSP for ages...

http://cagepages.com/2012/02/08/condit-diaz-rematch-on/

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1058137...er-to-happening

http://www.mmamania.com/2012/2/8/2783963/u...tential-rematch

If I were Condit this doesn't make a ton of sense, but maybe he's got pressure on him from White? White has been pushing for Diaz/GSP for ages...

I'm with you, I don't see how it benefits Condit.

Yeah, this seems to make no sense in a multitude of ways.

Condit has eveything to lose, nothing to gain.

He has Diaz figured out. What is Diaz going to be able to do differently? Beg and PLEAD for Condit to stand in front of him and get hit?

And if Diaz wins, then they're one and one. A tie-breaker should need to be held to see who fights Georges.

Silly.

http://cagepages.com/2012/02/08/condit-diaz-rematch-on/

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1058137...er-to-happening

http://www.mmamania.com/2012/2/8/2783963/u...tential-rematch

Condit must be very confident that he will beat Diaz again and win by KO/TKO/submission so it doesn't go to a decision Diaz can whine about.

Oh, and $$$

I think Arianny has the edge over Britney on the boner scale.

Also, thank you Hispanic Jesus for Diego Sanchez. His entrance marches to the ring are priceless. I have to find the gif of his last one on Fuel with the crucifix :lol2:

This weekend is 144

Frankie Goes to Japan Edgar (-135) vs. Ben Henderson (+105)

Rampage (-275) vs. Master Bader (+215)

Anthony Pettis (-250) vs. Joe Lauzon (+200)

Kongo (-300) vs. Mark Hunt (+230)

Jake Shields (-300) vs. Sexyama (+240)

Yushin Okami (-500) vs. Tim Boestch (+300)

For those new to moneyline odds negative is the favorite and quotes how much must be wagered to win $100. Positive is the underdog and quotes how much you'd win if you wager $100. So from above wagering $135 on Edgar if he were to win returns $235 (original $135 plus $100). Wagering $100 on Henderson above returns $205 (original $100 plus $105).

20111128_0291_large.jpg

20111128_0275_medium.jpg

20111128_0262_medium.jpg

ufc_144_rampage_poster.jpg