UFC DISCUSSION NWS!

porter

If Rashad pulls this off, which I think he very well might, it could go down as one of the biggest upsets in history. With those odds, I would definitely put money down on Rashad.

I agree, and while Jones is clearly a good fighter, I tend to think hes a bit overrated, mostly bc he's quite large for the weight class, however people seem to forget rashad is a former champion, not exactly dog meat, that being said, hes a very small LHW, so he'll need a good gameplan, which he typically has.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Anyone who thinks Jones is overrated needs to have their head examined.

He's DESTROYED 4 guys that occupy spots on the top 10 LHW rankings, that's no fluke, that's domination.

Wow !!! Talk about some intense vibe circulating that air...

I am not sure how I feel about this. Jones seems to be so many things at once. Cocky but confident, arrogant yet humble at times......or maybe he seems to be all of these things because, as Rashad said, he's fake?? I don't know.

All I know is that I may have to watch this fight live rather than wait and watch it for free on youtube the following day..LOL.

I like Jones in this fight.

I don't know enough about the ins and outs of MMA to be considered an authority on it, but Jones seems special to be as a casual fan.

He could be dominant for a long time to come...

I like Jones in this fight.

I don't know enough about the ins and outs of MMA to be considered an authority on it, but Jones seems special to be as a casual fan.

He could be dominant for a long time to come...

I think your observations are on point

I believe my above post may be a bit rude and uncalled for. I'm sorry, I'm just very emotional lately.

This post is really amusing to me.

I concur! Porter, do you concur?

First of all I am happy Mako is participating in the thread.

And yeah, I agree. Everyone is human and everyone can lose but Jones wins this fight 7 out of 10 times. Rashad is skilled and quick, and Jones is skilled and quick and lonnngg. That boy has reach.

This will be a great fight and I see Jones winning. That said I would NOT be shocked to see Rashad taking it and setting up for a rematch and I also would not be pissed off if I won a few thousand on Rashad taking the W :icon_mrgreen: Arguably, Bones has been less dominant in each of his successive defenses since taking the belt. People are watching tape and training for his reach, speed and technique. He will be beaten. The question is who is going to do it.

:turboalex:

First of all I am happy Mako is participating in the thread.

And yeah, I agree. Everyone is human and everyone can lose but Jones wins this fight 7 out of 10 times. Rashad is skilled and quick, and Jones is skilled and quick and lonnngg. That boy has reach.

This will be a great fight and I see Jones winning. That said I would NOT be shocked to see Rashad taking it and setting up for a rematch and I also would not be pissed off if I won a few thousand on Rashad taking the W :icon_mrgreen: Arguably, Bones has been less dominant in each of his successive defenses since taking the belt. People are watching tape and training for his reach, speed and technique. He will be beaten. The question is who is going to do it.

:turboalex:

Agreed. And Rashad would be in a good position to know his weaknesses from all the time spent with him training and sparring. I think this will be an interesting fight to say the least. I believe Rashad's attitude and work ethic has improved substantially in the last few years and he seems to be on top of his game.

Rashad likes to play mind games, he got to Rampage and it looks like he got to Jones in that interview posted earlier. I can actually see him winning this, and a few grand bet on that possibility could be a wise investment.

• 2 weeks later...
Aaaand Overeem failed a random drug test.

which should be of no surprise to anyone lol. as an avid gym go'er and one who has done more than just dabble in ped's in the past, etc it's a very easy look to identify.

which should be of no surprise to anyone lol. as an avid gym go'er and one who has done more than just dabble in ped's in the past, etc it's a very easy look to identify.

:iamwithstupid:

I'm super surprised. He looks all natural.

he just lifts heavy and talks a multi ;)

one of my companies is in the fitness apparel industry and this one of our designs got interesting reactions when we put it in our booth at the Arnold Classic this year lol

broscience-bbh.jpg

broscience.jpg

:lol2: that shirt is great! I like how the needle is cleverly placed with the lifter.

lol thanks. I thought it was funny. A few of the folks at the Arnold seemed offended (b/c they still lie about steroids) but we got some IFBB pro's to wear it...they saw the humor in it. :D

He went from 190s to 260 in a few years with the same fat %?? While remaining a ridiculously good athlete...something's gotta give. :) Too bad...

I've been wanting to see Like Water - the Anderson Silva documentary - since it was released. I hadn't been able to find it online or off for purchase or otherwise. Looks like the screener has leaked now and I grabbed the torrent. In short, the film is great.

It was very nicely done without any self-promotion or glorification. The film begins with a vintage clip of Bruce Lee explaining how the deadliest fighter should be like water, and ends with Anderson Silva wrapping his young boy's hands prior to training. In between it chronicles the 60 days leading up to the Sonnen fight, and all the pressures and issues Silva had to deal with, not the least of which were Dana White threatening to cut Silva.

I recommend the film for MMA enthusiasts and casual followers and give it 4 Throwing Stars out of 5.

lol thanks. I thought it was funny. A few of the folks at the Arnold seemed offended (b/c they still lie about steroids) but we got some IFBB pro's to wear it...they saw the humor in it. :D

Haha.. Ill take one!