aventador @ underground racing

paulfromtulsa

Don't worry it will take UGR a year to figure out how to build this out... The car will have all kinds of faults, and there is no room for turbos...

Don't get excited... Aventador turbo is a long way away.

5694672448_0c00abac1b_z.jpg

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you can stuff a pair of large frame turbos in the footwells of a viper, there is plenty of room in there.

Will it be at SEMA, hard to say. But I bet it's on the road by christmas, pending any major electrical gremlins.

Don't worry it will take UGR a year to figure out how to build this out... The car will have all kinds of faults, and there is no room for turbos...

Thank you debbie downer. For your 18th post in over 5 years please come up with something better thought out. I can't even think of a car that someone has tried to put turbos in and failed. Now it may not be cost feasible but it can always be done.

Thank you debbie downer. For your 18th post in over 5 years please come up with something better thought out. I can't even think of a car that someone has tried to put turbos in and failed. Now it may not be cost feasible but it can always be done.

I never said "never" - I simply said not anytime soon.

I am a firm believer in "Anything is possible with enough time and money"

Knowing what I know about the car, I can say this task is not an easy one... But every lock has a key.

There is the 100lb looking muffler that is there that should free up some space for piping/turbos/wastegates-just as was done before in many TT Murcie builds. Intercooler area would be a place that would need to be found, but surely that can be done.

There is the 100lb looking muffler that is there that should free up some space for piping/turbos/wastegates-just as was done before in many TT Murcie builds. Intercooler area would be a place that would need to be found, but surely that can be done.

Exactly what I was thinking.

My UR can clarify, but I remember reading somewhere that there was a component in the new transmission that had a relatively low torque rating and as a result would be the limiting factor.

Guy talking out of his ass about shit he doesn't know is good at talking out of his ass about shit he doesn't know.

Guy talking out of his ass about shit he doesn't know is good at talking out of his ass about shit he doesn't know.

Wow, obviously a highly educated, and well rounded individual... Someone who really has no idea who I am, and would have to eat those words if he did.

What exactly do YOU know about it to make you an expert on what I know???

For those that know who I am, you now look like an idiot for saying what you did, as I know more about this car then just about anyone in this country. (not just saying that to say it it is a simple fact.)

And for the record, I am nto against what is going on at UGR, I SIMPLY said it would not be a quick, fast build.

Not going to start a flame war with a neanderthal... Not looking to cause issues here, I was just offering my opinion and expertise.

Obviously some of the people here can't seem to handle simple conversation.

Sad really.

Wow, obviously a highly educated, and well rounded individual... Someone who really has no idea who I am, and would have to eat those words if he did.

What exactly do YOU know about it to make you an expert on what I know???

For those that know who I am, you now look like an idiot for saying what you did, as I know more about this car then just about anyone in this country. (not just saying that to say it it is a simple fact.)

And for the record, I am nto against what is going on at UGR, I SIMPLY said it would not be a quick, fast build.

Not going to start a flame war with a neanderthal... Not looking to cause issues here, I was just offering my opinion and expertise.

Obviously some of the people here can't seem to handle simple conversation.

Sad really.

Can you give us a little more insight as to where you think the bottleneck is?

Can you give us a little more insight as to where you think the bottleneck is?

Simply with the electronics.

the LP-700 uses a completely new Engine Management system, with lots of thought put into how to slow down or eliminate modifications.

Also, the new engine and transmission is completely untested from an aftermarket standpoint.

Boost it too much, you will grenade it.

No other car uses this transmission, so testing will not be the reckless type.

Previous cars were advanced when their turbo systems were first developed. Your point seems moot. Also if you are such an expert, why have you not shared your expert opinion over the last 5 years. Anyone can go on the internet and claim to be an expert. So, no, we have no idea who you are. How about being more positive like "that will be very tough to accomplish but I look forward to seeing what they can do". Your completely negative post benefits no one.

the LP-700 uses a completely new Engine Management system, with lots of thought put into how to slow down or eliminate modifications.

Also, the new engine and transmission is completely untested from an aftermarket standpoint.

IIRC the exact same statements were made by NISSAN regarding the GTR, and look how long that lasted.

I've been told the same thing, and have also heard that just swapping out the exhaust with all of the sensors on it that communicate with the new engine management system will throw the car into limp mode.

Previous cars were advanced when their turbo systems were first developed. Your point seems moot. Also if you are such an expert, why have you not shared your expert opinion over the last 5 years. Anyone can go on the internet and claim to be an expert. So, no, we have no idea who you are. How about being more positive like "that will be very tough to accomplish but I look forward to seeing what they can do". Your completely negative post benefits no one.

1. I am not at liberty to unveil my identity, I know that seems weak in the forum world, but there are reasons I have been sitting back seat on this forum for a few years. If any moderators would like to PM me, I can prove my identity to them, and have that person back me up on my "expertise" again, weak, but I am not getting myself in trouble over this forum. I'm actually a little sorry I even started this, I was warned about some of the people on here, and I should have listened.

2. I am NOT being negative, you guys are - towards me. Maybe you should be a little slower to jump down someone's throat. Ever stop and think that there is a reason REAL experts shy away form this forum, or manufacturers black flag it - simply because a few individuals are too quick to cause a ruckus just as this.

I've been told the same thing, and have also heard that just swapping out the exhaust with all of the sensors on it that communicate with the new engine management system will throw the car into limp mode.

Correct. This car has back-pressure sensors in the exhaust, and change in variation will cause the car to go into protection.

Designing a "piggyback" for this with a turbo kit will be one of the more difficult parts of the build.

IIRC the exact same statements were made by NISSAN regarding the GTR, and look how long that lasted.

As for the GTR - the VQ engine was NOT new, it had been used for years prior to the GTR, in different forms, yes, but stil lit was around. The electronics were also something Nissan had used prior.

The Gallardo used widely know VAG software, with a mix of LaRA & LDAS, again, not new to the Lambo brand.

Want to know some differences?

The Murci had 5 ECU's in her... The Gallardo 15.

The Aventador - more than 30 ecu.

That is a fact.

I am done here.

You guys have fun with this forum... Flame me all you want.

At the end of the day, you guys are missing out on healthy conversation, and a possibility of some new, fresh info.

See you guys in another 5 years.

And if these sensors receive values outside of the stock parameters does the ECU also send the car into limp mode? Basically, if you use an aftermarket exhaust, yet retain all of the sensors, will the car still go into limp mode?

It's not like UGR uses a piggy back computer either, and I'm sure they are very familiar with using the Motec stand-a-lones to bypass various issues in the many platforms they have used the Motec on.

As for the GTR - the VQ engine was NOT new, it had been used for years prior to the GTR, in different forms, yes, but stil lit was around. The electronics were also something Nissan had used prior.

The Gallardo used widely know VAG software, with a mix of LaRA & LDAS, again, not new to the Lambo brand.

This is what I wanted to know thanks.

Lol

RSAevents dude

Keep your knowledge to yourself !!!

I'm sure UR doesn't need your awesome / extended/ smart brain about the Aventador

Just go home cya in 5 years !

Guest SP_Lotta Murci
RSAEVENTS is dead on here--I have seen info in person with respect to what he has posted. I would not be so quick to dismiss what he says.....

:iamwithstupid: Nothing wrong with a little sharing.

1. I am not at liberty to unveil my identity, I know that seems weak in the forum world, but there are reasons I have been sitting back seat on this forum for a few years. If any moderators would like to PM me, I can prove my identity to them, and have that person back me up on my "expertise" again, weak, but I am not getting myself in trouble over this forum. I'm actually a little sorry I even started this, I was warned about some of the people on here, and I should have listened.

2. I am NOT being negative, you guys are - towards me. Maybe you should be a little slower to jump down someone's throat. Ever stop and think that there is a reason REAL experts shy away form this forum, or manufacturers black flag it - simply because a few individuals are too quick to cause a ruckus just as this.

Correct. This car has back-pressure sensors in the exhaust, and change in variation will cause the car to go into protection.

Designing a "piggyback" for this with a turbo kit will be one of the more difficult parts of the build.

That is a fact.

I am done here.

You guys have fun with this forum... Flame me all you want.

At the end of the day, you guys are missing out on healthy conversation, and a possibility of some new, fresh info.

See you guys in another 5 years.

Would love to hear more insight on the car, appreciate your input!

Its just a car, different color wires and different size bolts. Whatever isn't strong enough, we will make stronger. :eusa_think:

You guys have proven why the "how can" approach works much better than "why can't." Is John going to be developing the electronics for this one? That man is a wizard.

After the exceedingly light digging... I think this is going to bite you in the bum Roberta.