Hope this wasn't anyone on here...

wheeladdicts

Just watched this on TV as I got into Miami. Pretty amazing. They are saying it was a blown tire that was the cause...

Just watched this on TV as I got into Miami. Pretty amazing. They are saying it was a blown tire that was the cause...

The car was a ragged out POS. I've watched it over the last year start from being a murcie roadster, then getting an LP front bumper then a few months later getting an LP rear bumper and finally getting the blacked out wheels. The car was all over miami getting beat on every single day by morons who looked like they could barely drive it. IMO it was just a matter of time before it ended up like this.

So the update is the driver is the one hurt the most... he is not brain dead but into and out of a coma. I am sure he has brain edema and likely getting some steroids if he doesn't already have a few burr holes. The passenger is the better of the 2. He is talking and eating... said they blew a tire and lost control. From the sounds of it, they were going at a pretty good clip. Happy no one else was injured but the accident tied up traffic quite a bit today. What a way to get welcomed to Miami. Sounds like they may have bastardized a really good car too :(

For the Miami folk, this is was the white Murcie roadster with lp640 bumpers that was always parked in front of the exotic car rental place by the airport...

http://www.wsvn.com/news/articles/local/21005511139150/

Exactly what I thought...right on lejuene and the 836 right...?

Nothing good happens at 4 AM. Hope all are ok.

What's with this jerkwad?

I put my life on the line. I did what I had to do. I got burned up myself

burned pinky.....

hard to get out of a car with doors that swing up when it's upside down..... the SLS has small charges in the the doors that literally blow the doors off the car when the car is upside down for a few seconds...

photo_13_.JPG

Exactly what I thought...right on lejuene and the 836 right...?

I think it's owned by the same folks that own "catch of the day" across the street

You just called repost on the same thread that you are in? You feeling ok?

Albofaz had posted a new thread then it was merged...looks crazy now LOL.

Always sad to hear about stuff like this, hope they both recover 'ok'.

Be careful and smart out there guys.... there are plenty of good track events to fill your need for high speed. Aside from the loss of life and health these accidents are bad for everyone, insurance rates and our reputation as exotic owners for example. (Yes.. I am preaching. But as many of you remember I lost a good lambo friend to an accident in his 05 Murci Roadster about a year and a half ago)

hard to get out of a car with doors that swing up when it's upside down..... the SLS has small charges in the the doors that literally blow the doors off the car when the car is upside down for a few seconds...

Lp 700 uses the same system for the doors. Once the car comes to a stop upside down when some one trys to open the door from inside or out the charge go off and door falls off car.

I hope for a good recovery by both. Always keep in mind thees is the risks of driving fast and they can be worse.

I keep saying it over and over- I'll bet new owner or borrowed car. That seems to be about 90% of the accidents.

Don't forget your rant on aftermarket wheels. In this case you might be right times two.

For the Miami folk, this is was the white Murcie roadster with lp640 bumpers that was always parked in front of the exotic car rental place by the airport...

http://www.wsvn.com/news/articles/local/21005511139150/

Video mentioned that both men in the crash were in the exotic car rental business...

Video mentioned that both men in the crash were in the exotic car rental business...

Doesn't make it right.

It's a shame, but potentially inexperienced operators (at speed) with sub-par equipment is a recipe for disaster.