S1 Measurement MUST SEE

Peter K

This is a taste of what's to come for measurements. Yesterday morning before we got on the road, Patrick and I grab a tape measure for one comparison. Will do more with soft tape measure.

Hold on to your undies:

Full 2 inches.

post-37-1318855750_thumb.jpg

post-37-1318855759_thumb.jpg

post-37-1318855771.jpg

This is a taste of what's to come for measurements. Yesterday morning before we got on the road, Patrick and I grab a tape measure for one comparison. Will do more with soft tape measure.

Hold on to your undies:

Full 2 inches.

that blue thing is really low! :icon_thumleft:

ciao

S1 and S2 are 6 cm lower (almost 2 1/2") than S3, 5000S, QV and 25 th.

Or at least this is what factory said

ciao

Would be interesting to know all the measurments where the cars are different. Suspect there is more differences than just that measurement that separates these cars.

*Hight from ground up to rockerpanel.

*Height OF rockerpanel.

*Height of door (from rockerpanel to top of door front and rear). Height of side window.

*Total hight.

From the Fchat thread...

not to drill on something that has been established but since it seemed that it was not obvious for everyone at some point, that the 400S1 dimensions are different overall that of the later body, we took adavantage to finally look for ourselves.

we did not do all the car, that will be later. but the door dimensions is quite different. 12" for the 400s1 lower section and 14" for the Qv

By standing next to both and really looking you can even see it.

Lol.

Joe, the information I have from a factory source is this: ALL THE BODY PANELS ARE THE SAME. Starting with the LP400S cars.

All the factory did was change the dimensions of the rocker panel THAT WAS it period. This information I got right from the factory.

They say ALL the glass is the same also.

The main thing here is MONEY, if the car is what you want to call a low body then the seller can ask more money. If I get the information I am seeking that shows there is really no such thing as a low body then all those cars are not going to worth what people are asking.

Now if my factory contact tells me that in fact the factory did make a car like that, I will make a very large public apology on this and every board.

Chadbourn Bolles

• 3 weeks later...

John Nichols and I measured every difference with tape measure and photographed it all in 2007.

The cars measured were my 79' S1 and his 86' DD.

I forget which Lambo forum we posted it on but after it crashed or was hacked all the files were lost.

There is no doubt of the difference, the LP400 body shell was changed in late 81' with the first S3 / 5000 body shell.

This is old news, but never gets old to see :)

Tony

Hold on to your undies:

Full 2 inches.

Wow the blue one is jaw dropping!

Wow the blue one is jaw dropping!

Thank you, that's very nice.

Do S1 and S2 series have different measures? This is a thingi do not know.

Thanks for your help

ciao

Do S1 and S2 series have different measures? This is a thingi do not know.

Thanks for your help

ciao

I think if it is a lowbody it is the same. A couple of guys determined that a certain serial number was the cutoff.

The only thing different from a S1 and S2 are the wheels, both magnisium just different look.

Good or bad, don't forget the SW gauges on the early S1. Anything else?

Good or bad, don't forget the SW gauges on the early S1. Anything else?

From where the split is between the two its the wheels. There are small changes throughout the S1 and S2 run like window cranks, exterior mirrors, steering wheels, seat belts and wings. I'm sure there's a few more.

I've been keeping that one a secret all these years, but know WE can let it be known. S2's rule(silver ones)!!!

your silver S2 looks great: are there some pictures somewhere that i can see? Thanks!

In the side view a low body CT is by far better than an higher CT.

ciao

your silver S2 looks great: are there some pictures somewhere that i can see? Thanks!

In the side view a low body CT is by far better than an higher CT.

ciao

Thanks! I'll get some new ones soon and post them.

Fantastic job you've done with yours!