Our SEMA project: The rear end

RayFong

No fancy title. Just wanted to share with you our SEMA project. We are in our last week before the debut and we have been busting balls getting this car done along with a car we are building for a debut at the LA Auto Show on Nov 18.

So here is the first of many images that will come to this thread. We love the way Lamborghini did the 570 rear end, but we wanted to make a little change here and there and so we started toying around with a 570 diffuser to see how different the two cars were. Turns out there are A LOT of things different between the two models. While they look to be a small cosmetic change, they are very different, so much so that you cannot bolt on a 570 bumper/diffuser to a Gallardo.

One of the first obvious things we saw was the placement of the factory exhaust compared to where it would come out on the 560/570.

300126_218723348192821_113955942002896_5

To solve this issue we are going to include a new pipe that can come out of the factory exhaust. Really not sure what we can do about customers with aftermarket exhausts as different companies route exhausts differently. We can offer a slip pipe that users can have their local exhaust shop fit to other brand exhausts. Another option is to go with the exhaust system that we are going to offer that will be properly routed and will come with the the dual tips. I've got a video coming soon. It sounds great and its beautifully crafted.

More pics and a video of the exhaust coming soon.

LOL yah sorry. Trying to get stuff done, haven't really had a chance to be on the internet much nor take a lot of photos. These are not the permanent tips I'll be going with. We are fabricating our new tips right now. Mainly used for mock up to see how everything looks.

a5d8b63ac45642a4825afa2c57969822_7.jpg

burning the midnight oil. Took this photo around 2 AM. You can see the new placement for the exhaust. New dual tips getting fabbed now and off to paint tomorrow, then roll into the show on Saturday.

9e715c76dd2a413c9f27f38a700243f8_7.jpg

bf5f6c55a3bc43d2905f6c36a75df435_7.jpg

LOL yup. I have a shitty Iphone 3GS, the instagram filters actually help show the lines better in dark lighting. Yah lots of sanding equals lots of dust. Right now were more worried about getting the bumper done. We can clean up on Saturday.

Yah lots of sanding equals lots of dust.

Dust? You don't know about dust! When we sand we make dust like you've never seen...

one thing i always thought might look good is a revised gallardo spoiler that is shaped like the m3 csl... but fixed so it doesnt raise at speed.

I'm not sure that would look good. The m3 is more fluid and organic shaped compared to the harder lines of the Gallardo.

I'll have to look at the csl more to see.

The prototype dual tips are finished

I'm headed to vegas early tomorrow. I'll post some more when the car is all together.

a6cd8c99-4b3c-71c4.jpg

Headed out to the show tomorrow morning. See you guys there.

Outstanding. I'd love to see this bumper on something other than black so we could better appreciate the details.

I'm not sure that would look good. The m3 is more fluid and organic shaped compared to the harder lines of the Gallardo.

I'll have to look at the csl more to see.

actually i meant something like a gurney flap. like in the super trofeo cars

qRLdy.jpg

car looks good tho! iill see it at sema

It's not in a booth. If you go to the Starbucks in central hall, next to te North hall you'll see itbnext to the ATMs. I really lucked out on this spot.

b6bd3cf.jpg

Got the tips on and sticker-ed up.

My favorite sticker is this one. Picked this up at the Nuclear testing museum here in Vegas. Road Runners are the guys that flew the spy planes such as the U2 and the SR71. I have a thing for military aircraft.

4e9e0de.jpg