Countach ving for sale.

lambolp400s

Wing is useless, cosmetic only. And, could you please tell me how a rear wing will give downforce to the front end?

The argument about speed for a countach is deprecated. no one care about losing 10 or 20mph. If i want speed I build a 700hp supra I can trash any day with no fear. These cars are becoming collectable and what increasingly matters to buyers is if they are as they left the factory.

In this case i would very strongly urge the buyer to reconsider carefully selling that wing. the car was built with it and its a rare wing. this will be even more valuable 10 years from now.

So unless he get 10K or 20K today for it nad the price is an offer that cant be refuse and would cover a significant aprt of the pruchase I would keep it. See it as an investment. Surely beat any mutual funds these days.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not sold. Only a few bids that you actually can't get a fiberglass copy for, and for those lowballing offers, I'm not sure I even care to answer those mails. They might not know yet what parts cost?

My opinion, like Peter: Your wing is worthn more with the car than without. You've been looking for a car for some times. Having an carb S3 is now not looked down upon any longer. Carb cars are rare and your has the original rare wing. Its a package. Unless it pays for 25% of the pruchase dont do it.

My opinion, like Peter: Your wing is worthn more with the car than without. You've been looking for a car for some times. Having an carb S3 is now not looked down upon any longer. Carb cars are rare and your has the original rare wing. Its a package. Unless it pays for 25% of the pruchase dont do it.

Edit: Or if you must, YOU sell it to Peter to replace his replcia fiber glass. Peter's car will be worth 25% more in a blink...

Peter think about it!!

Edit: Or if you must, YOU sell it to Peter to replace his replcia fiber glass. Peter's car will be worth 25% more in a blink...

Peter think about it!!

no, not the right wing for his S1

Can't afford it, I'm a broke-ass mofo.

Correct, I believe it is incorrect for my 78.

PLUS My factory paperwork does not state a wing.....aka wing delete option. Otherwise I would have been hot for a wing (to display but keep with car).

Wow, I had no idea these were worth that amount of money.... Are the older wings less trouble with

bubbles and paint problems from water?

Wow, I had no idea these were worth that amount of money.... Are the older wings less trouble with

bubbles and paint problems from water?

i have a adjustable one with the side plates on the car and it has few bubbles

i have a moody one at home and has again some (very minor) bubbles

i believe the later small wings (QV and 25 anniversary ) are the ones with the less trouble with bubbles

Can't afford it, I'm a broke-ass mofo.

Correct, I believe it is incorrect for my 78.

PLUS My factory paperwork does not state a wing.....aka wing delete option. Otherwise I would have been hot for a wing (to display but keep with car).

an adjust-no side plate like this one would be the correct one for your S

(that is not an easy find ...)

ps: i was not a wing fan, but honestly the big one gives a mean look

post-4328-1321121045.jpg

Well, I am one of those who will push to the redline in hi gear.

My 1980 LP400S was doing all it could with wing at around 152 mph, indicated, without the wing I saw 185 and ran out of space to keep going.

Therefore I for sure would have to say the wing will slow the car down.

Chadbourn Bolles

I agree with Greg. I'll never push my car to the limit to actually see if the wing does or doesn't work! ;-)

For me, i just like it for the looks.

Mike

Guys, I'm running out the door.

I will pick this up later but the BIG WING with risers (the original aluminum wing) weighs 22 lbs.

I weighed the last one we had off a car.

The Moody wing reference does not refer to a type of wing... I will have to explain later...

Tony

Guys, I'm running out the door.

I will pick this up later but the BIG WING with risers (the original aluminum wing) weighs 22 lbs.

I weighed the last one we had off a car.

The Moody wing reference does not refer to a type of wing... I will have to explain later...

Tony

Thanks Tony, i will weight mine as soon as possible. Mine has a fiberglass layer on the upper side in order to fix the bubbles there were on it, so it weights more: may be it weights less than 50 lbs, but it's very heavy. I weighted it without the fiberglass layer before fixing and it was 16 kg (35 lbs). It's an aluminium leaf OEM with foam inside, thiis is sure as we opened it. May be i did a mistake with the weitghting device, who knows.

I would appreciate a lot to know what Moody wing reference is, as i do not not know anything about it: thanks for your help.

What i have to say is that here someone (the same who did all those big wings 30 years ago) has just started to rebuilt them, so you can have a new one that is impossible to understand if it's new or the OEM. I was told it costs more or less 2500 euro, without painting.

ciao

Think I will copy the rear 2 feet of this one, mount the wing on it, and put a glass plate on top. Should not be to any hazard for the wing I think.

n620936289_1593437_2139.jpg

Think I will copy the rear 2 feet of this one, mount the wing on it, and put a glass plate on top. Should not be to any hazard for the wing I think.

Is that a real Countach LP400 or a replica?

Thank you for keeping it

It would be OK to own a replica and use it as a big kitchen island!

BTW, nice mirrors :)

Look at the roof.

Is that a real Countach LP400 or a replica?

It is a replica I started on many years ago. Very accurate in measurements, and I cut down the roof, and made the tunnel in the roof to make a copy of the rare low roof periscopa wide fender cars. But, it ended put away, and I went for a Pantera instead. Now, I might do it into a tracktoy instead. Better with a replica track-toy than a Civic track hack.

As for the mirrors, I just made them as a schoolproject to see if they, designed in a modern way could be made to fit a old design without looking too out of place and stand out too much. Now they are on the shelf, and Vitaloni's is used instead.

It is a replica I started on many years ago. Very accurate in measurements, and I cut down the roof, and made the tunnel in the roof to make a copy of the rare low roof periscopa wide fender cars. But, it ended put away, and I went for a Pantera instead. Now, I might do it into a tracktoy instead. Better with a replica track-toy than a Civic track hack.

As for the mirrors, I just made them as a schoolproject to see if they, designed in a modern way could be made to fit a old design without looking too out of place and stand out too much. Now they are on the shelf, and Vitaloni's is used instead.

That's pretty cool. Anymore pictures?