Countach ving for sale.

lambolp400s

So, I prefer the car vingless, and since this car has the ving on it, I would let it go if someone comes up with a fail bid in a few days before I arrange for shipping to Norway. Car is a 1982, and I belive it was original on the car. Car is located on the east coast, and it will have to be collected. Bids can be PM'd or e-mailed to [email protected]

P7060057.jpg

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Awaiting answer on that from Chad. But I suspect it is the adjustable type. Is'nt it the one that have this hole in the side? (Marked with the nicely done red arrow)

P7060041_2.jpg

Awaiting answer on that from Chad. But I suspect it is the adjustable type. Is'nt it the one that have this hole in the side? (Marked with the nicely done red arrow)

Cool I believe the price just went up.

Congrats congrats congrats..... after getting screwed out of the other sale I'm glad to see this one work out for you.

You earned it..... this one was originally white on white wasn't it? Will you put it back that way.... great color for it imo.

With all the work put into it i should be great when you get it all together.

is it fixed or adjustable.

Wing is adjustable in 4 positions

Chadbourn Bolles

Yes the adjustable wing picture here by Tony Ierardi on one of his old Countachs in one of the elevated stages.

Tony gave the wing the slang name of the Moody wing, as the wing might be adjusted to fit ones mood of the day. Vic

countach_moody_wing.jpg

Hey Vic how ya been buddy? I believe the "moody" wing actually refers to the fact of the wing NOT having the

side plates on it. The red picture shows an adjustable Moody wing...where as the yellow car has just an adjustable wing.

Hey Vic how ya been buddy? I believe the "moody" wing actually refers to the fact of the wing NOT having the

side plates on it. The red picture shows an adjustable Moody wing...where as the yellow car has just an adjustable wing.

I have been busy with work, the new house and building a very big garage. :icon_mrgreen:

Note taken on the side plates however I still believe the moody reference still revolves around the adjustability factor.

i think it is the case

aniway the wing on 1448 is an adjustable one

good for the seller, is more expensive

the older-no side plates wings (existing alone in 3 lightly different versions!!) is worth even more

here in italy there is a slim wing (QV and 25 th), for sale at 2 k euro (2,7 K USD more or less).

It's white, with no flawn, including every other pieces to fix it on the car: you need just to make holes in the trunk cover.

Comes from a 5000S that now wears the correct big wing.

ciao

Aw, cool, you bought the car......

My 2 cents.

Never separate what came original with the car. I suggest hanging it in the garage. And if you ever sell the car, hand it to the next owner (if there is one).

My 2 cents.

Never separate what came original with the car. I suggest hanging it in the garage. And if you ever sell the car, hand it to the next owner (if there is one).

Agreed, its only original once.

Its best to keep OEM parts rather than part ways with them as they seldom return to their place of origin.

Agreed, its only original once.

Its best to keep OEM parts rather than part ways with them as they seldom return to their place of origin.

Tell me about it!!!!

:iamwithstupid:

My 2 cents.

My 2 cents.

:iamwithstupid:

By seperating the wing from the car might mean cash today..but hurt you tommorow as for many a Countach without wing... is not a Countach and you will alienate alot of buyers.

Funny thing about the wings on a CT. They actualy slow the car down...and at about mid production of these cars, the Factory actualy was attempting to persuade buyers NOT to install the wing. More cars left the factory with the wing in a "Box" leaving the installation up to the new owner/or Dealer it went to.

There are a number of cars, ( I have one for example) that is wingless, however have the orgianl wing for the car in the shipping crate as it was never installed on the car.

IMO, it depends on the year of the car, the color as well as the style of the wing as to if it looks correct or not..as far as performance it has no "Good" effect what so ever, purely a cosmetic thing, you like or you dont for your car.

As to all things there is an exception..and this was the very early cars, the "Wolf" cars etc etc, that at high speed did provide a useful downforce to the lighter front end early cars..but for the normal daily use of the car for the average buyer/driver...nothing of value performance wise.

Funny thing about the wings on a CT. They actualy slow the car down...and at about mid production of these cars, the Factory actualy was attempting to persuade buyers NOT to install the wing. More cars left the factory with the wing in a "Box" leaving the installation up to the new owner/or Dealer it went to.

There are a number of cars, ( I have one for example) that is wingless, however have the orgianl wing for the car in the shipping crate as it was never installed on the car.

IMO, it depends on the year of the car, the color as well as the style of the wing as to if it looks correct or not..as far as performance it has no "Good" effect what so ever, purely a cosmetic thing, you like or you dont for your car.

As to all things there is an exception..and this was the very early cars, the "Wolf" cars etc etc, that at high speed did provide a useful downforce to the lighter front end early cars..but for the normal daily use of the car for the average buyer/driver...nothing of value performance wise.

Wing is useless, cosmetic only. And, could you please tell me how a rear wing will give downforce to the front end?