The Gallardo replacement is still 3 years away ??

rampante

What do you guys think about this information that is in the Jan. 2012 edition of M/T ???

That's quite a ways off from what had been hoped for ! :(

It is reported in this article:

http://www.motortrend.com/future/future_ve..._big_face_lift/

Man, that silver Audi R8 prototype looks like ass. Like a big Audi TT.

i thought porsche has to use the r8 chassis. not the other way around.

what are the new powerplants available? v8 turbo and the v10? or two v8 turbos? i thought they are going with v8 turbo and a v10.

in either case, i would be surprised that the chassis update is coming in MY2013. if so, wouldn't the gallardo get that too?

too many unknowns..

Three more years of the baby Lambo in its current iteration seems unlikely to me, the Gallardo came out in 2003 as an '04 model the R8 came out in 2007, I don't see why they can't use the next generation platform on the entry level Lambo and add it 3 years later to the next gen R8. I was expecting a new entry level car for MY 2013, a 9 year cycle in this car segment is a bit on the long side considering Ferrari churns out a new car in this segment every 6 years.

I was expecting a new entry level car for MY 2013, a 9 year cycle in this car segment is a bit on the long side considering Ferrari churns out a new car in this segment every 6 years.

Actually it's worse.

Three new entry-level models WELL within a decade, which is exactly how you keep the cash-register ringing at the high end. Always give them something new to buy with innovations each time, otherwise they lose interest fast.

360 - 2000

F430 - 2004

F458 - 2009

Gallardo - 2004 to... 2013? 2014?

Audi (and their VAG masters) lost the plot a long time ago, and are pinching pennies milking each L-car platform until the cow not only is out of juice, but is dead from dehydration. :icon_mrgreen:

Actually it's worse.....

.... Audi (and their VAG masters) lost the plot a long time ago, and are pinching pennies milking each L-car platform until the cow not only is out of juice, but is dead from dehydration. :icon_mrgreen:

Mako,

Those udders will surely be dragging in the dirt !! :icon_mrgreen:

this cant be true. Are they really going to try and shove 3 more years of these Gallardo variants down peoples throats?

i think 2012 will be the last year for the G.

:iamwithstupid:

the car will be unveiled in 2013 geneva motor show and production will start late 2013 as MY2014

it will have the 10 years cycle i don't know why can't people get it :icon_mrgreen:

I'll ask Winkeman on Wednesday, though I doubt he'll reveal the truth.

I asked Winkelman and he laughed and said,"Years."

I asked Hoffman and he said,"We're not thinking about the future, we're thinking about now."

Wow - 25 year anniversary Gallardo anyone?

I asked Winkelman and he laughed and said,"Years."

I asked Hoffman and he said,"We're not thinking about the future, we're thinking about now."

Sounds about right Lambo is all about the~10 year plan.Murci 2002-2011 Diablo 1991-2001 etc. So I guess we will get a 2 wheel drive Manual SL that is really light then :)...

its usually a ten year cycle historically; i am personally looking forward to the successor andthink it will be even bigger than the lp700; my guess and hope were MY 2013. I asked valentino balboni & his lips are sealed. guess we have to wait. also, who knows if it will actually be called "cabrera." remember up until one week before release, everyone thought that the aventador was going to be called"jota." the factory has a funny way of keeping certain things hush hush.

its usually a ten year cycle historically; i am personally looking forward to the successor andthink it will be even bigger than the lp700; my guess and hope were MY 2013. I asked valentino balboni & his lips are sealed. guess we have to wait. also, who knows if it will actually be called "cabrera." remember up until one week before release, everyone thought that the aventador was going to be called"jota." the factory has a funny way of keeping certain things hush hush.

what do you mean by " bigger than than the aventador " ?

and everyone knew that it was gonna be called aventador :lol2:

and everyone knew that it was gonna be called aventador :lol2:

Out of curiosity i did a little search and if I'm right the first member of this forum to mention Aventador as a name of Murcielago succesor was member dyvatvol15 on Sep 20 2010. When was the official unveiling? March 2011?

Out of curiosity i did a little search and if I'm right the first member of this forum to mention Aventador as a name of Murcielago succesor was member dyvatvol15 on Sep 20 2010. When was the official unveiling? March 2011?

Nathan, you are very sharp. I actually noticed your posts a few months ago. Good stuff.

• 2 weeks later...

Just remember, one benefit of a long cycle is that your older G will still look "current" - at least to those who don't know every tiny model/styling change. Still lovin' my '04 G!

Lamborghini filed for U.S. trademark on "Aventador" on Aug 23, 2010 http://tarr.uspto.gov/servlet/tarr?regser=...;entry=85113934

Well I for one am glad the G still got some years left to it since I just bought a brand new one last week! And I still haven't even received it yet...

I'm with you - my 2012 LP550-2 just came in. Going to pick it up Tuesday :)

• 2 months later...
he Lamborghini Gallardo has been a smash hit for the company—more than 12,000 have been sold; the next bestseller for the brand is the discontinued Murciélago, at 4099—so it will be key to get its replacement right. We recently spoke with Lamborghini CEO Stephan Winkelmann, and his comments, as well as information gleaned elsewhere, have given us additional hints at what to expect when the car arrives sometime next year.First, Winkelmann stated that the car will make “a clear cut” from the Gallardo, especially visually. “We always say that design is not an evolution but a revolution, and this will be the philosophy of the follow-up to the Gallardo.” We’d guess that the car will take on more of the menacing angularity of the Aventador flagship, although don’t expect it to adopt its sibling’s carbon-fiber-intensive construction. (Winkelmann: “What we have done for Aventador is not necessarily the right thing to do for a different car.”) This will help keep pricing where the merely rich—as opposed to the hyper-wealthy—can afford the car.

The next entry-level Lambo will ride on the VW Group’s modular sports-car architecture (a.k.a. MSS), which also will underpin the next Audi R8, as well as future Porsches. Stephan Reil, head of development at Audi’s Quattro performance subsidiary, tells us that the Gallardo replacement and the next R8 will share 15- to 20-percent more parts than do the current cars.

As for powertrain, the current V-10 is likely to be retained (with more power; it should near 600 horses), and will mate to a dual-clutch automatic transmission. As we reported last fall, there will be no traditional manual.

http://blog.caranddriver.com/lamborghini-g...om-current-car/