Do you feel your G is "slow"

wannalambo97

^^^ this. Generally poor form to link to another forum.

Here's a copy...would like to avoid poor form :icon_thumleft:

Hey guys, I've been snooping around lamborghini forums for about a year now trying to gather all the info I can about the car. I'm looking to get into an 09 560 coupe and leaving the car stock. However, it seems quite a few G owners feel the car is "slow" (even though they love the car and wouldn't consider getting rid of it for this reason). I realize the context of such talk is in relation to other supercars, however, I'm not sure a stock 560 running around a 3.7-60, and about 11.8 1\4, is slow...is it? These #'s are comparable to my 09 Plastic mess-06(before it was modded), which I didn't feel was slow at all. What do you guys think, especially those that feel their G needs to be "faster"? The tt setups sound nice, but I'd be scared to death to do that on such an exspensive vehicle. Anyway, I love the forum and hope to be part of the club soon!

Thanks.

The 560 is about as fast as a stock Z-06 from a 40-150, if i had to guess. That should give you an idea how fast the 560 is.

Find a 560 that you like, options & color etc. Send it to UGR for a stage 1 bolt-on kit like I did. I promise you will think the car is slow!!

I dont feel the 560 is slow, but its not earth shattering fast either. The old G felt pretty slow to me stock.

Thanks vboxking, from what I've been researching that seems to be the consensus on the pre 09 G's. Before really locking my search down to primarily the 560, I was also looking at 08 430 scuds and 997.2 turbos. The overall package of the 560 just seems more appealing to me. As long as the G has that raw sensation of speed, thats should be fine for me. At this stage, the numbers aren't as important to me as the overall "experience" of the car. I'm hoping the 560 will deliver on that front. I've yet to drive one and unfortunately will more then likely not have that opportunity until just before the purchase. Hence current owner feedback is greatly appreciated.

The 560 is about as fast as a stock Z-06 from a 40-150, if i had to guess. That should give you an idea how fast the 560 is.

Thank you, that does indeed help. If that's the case, I'm good with that. If I remember reading previous posts correctly, aren't you the one who just came out of a highly modified GT-R to a stock 560?

Find a 560 that you like, options & color etc. Send it to UGR for a stage 1 bolt-on kit like I did. I promise you will think the car is slow!!

I'm definitely on the hunt. I have the color, well two colors, that I like as well as the options already picked out. It's a matter of finding the right car for the right deal. My plan is to try and leave the car stock, but just about everything I've read on UGR is great. They would certainly be on my short list if I were to ever tt the car.

Thank you, that does indeed help. If that's the case, I'm good with that. If I remember reading previous posts correctly, aren't you the one who just came out of a highly modified GT-R to a stock 560?

I just sold my highly modded GTR, but I have not bought my next car yet. Here in MI, the winters are brutal so there is no point in purchasing anything now and just looking at it without being able to drive it. Comes March / April and I will pick something up.

Good luck with your search.

The 560 is very, very quick for a stock street car.

All around you can't beat it. The 04-05s ARE slow. The 06-08's feel slow. The 560's are GOOD!

I'll sell you my 560 for 170k if interested.

I just sold my highly modded GTR, but I have not bought my next car yet. Here in MI, the winters are brutal so there is no point in purchasing anything now and just looking at it without being able to drive it. Comes March / April and I will pick something up.

Good luck with your search.

Thanks Kisco, let me know if you get into a stock 560. I'd be curious to hear your perspective given your previous car. I hear ya on the winters, I live in Colorado.

All around you can't beat it. The 04-05s ARE slow. The 06-08's feel slow. The 560's are GOOD!

Can you pm the info on your car?

Because 40 HP makes the WORLDDDDD of difference

If it feels toooooo slow but the WOOOO WOOOOOO mufflers on that shaboigin and then let the real HP RIP

Because 40 HP makes the WORLDDDDD of difference

If it feels toooooo slow but the WOOOO WOOOOOO mufflers on that shaboigin and then let the real HP RIP

Dude...you love this thread don't ya. Talkin sh$t in the same thread on two forums...I must have pissed you off or something...just friendly conversation bro...chill the f#ck out!

And then you'll buy Jims Murci ?? ;)

But yes my 04 G was SLOW!!!

Stock 560 will beat a stock Plastic mess-06 with no issues..

I'll believe it when an LP560 actually goes faster than 122-123 in the 1/4 from an owner. Turbo50Mike has dragged his 560 multiple times and IIRC, his car has never gone faster than 123. A slightly better than average driver in a Z-06 can go that fast. I went 125 bone stock on stock tires.

It's plenty fast - and it's a confident fast - meaning it feels planted and solid. I've been in cars that go fast that scare the sh!t out of me cause they feel squirrely. Not the lambo. If you are not drag racing - it's a great street car. More comfortable than you'd expect assuming you fit into it) and it has the "wow" factor.

Depends what you want from ownership. You'll be convinced after your first test drive.

Good luck with the hunt...

And then you'll buy Jims Murci ?? ;)

No...I would be moving forward, not backwards if I sold my car. ;)

I'll believe it when an LP560 actually goes faster than 122-123 in the 1/4 from an owner. Turbo50Mike has dragged his 560 multiple times and IIRC, his car has never gone faster than 123. A slightly better than average driver in a Z-06 can go that fast. I went 125 bone stock on stock tires.

I had my friend take my Plastic mess-06, and I raced him up at the runway against my 560. The Plastic mess-06 lost every race, but not by much...Maybe a car or two by the end of the 1/4.