Do you feel your G is "slow"

wannalambo97

I had my friend take my Plastic mess-06, and I raced him up at the runway against my 560. The Plastic mess-06 lost every race, but not by much...Maybe a car or two by the end of the 1/4.

Is your friend a good driver?

I would presume a great driver in both would be pretty close, with the nod going to the 560 as you mentioned above.

I would presume a great driver in both would be pretty close, with the nod going to the 560 as you mentioned above.

Yeah, he drove my Z-06 really well. I was surprised how well it did against the 560. I thought for sure I would have 3-4 cars on him.

I also think that as speeds increase, the 560 increases its lead.

The only thing done to my Z-06 is a cold air intake and exhaust, so maybe 15hp over stock if any.

Yessir. Top end 560 should smoke it. Especially after 160mph. Still amazed how much performance the Z has for the price.

560 is the whole package though.

560TT

GTR or 997TT

Z-OH-6

Would be a great 3 car garage.

I think this initial question all depends on what you are currently used to driving. If you have been used to driving exotics for the last five years and have owned the G for a couple years you may feel now it is slow...but I am sure when any of these G owners initially purchased the car they did not feel that way. Again, all depends on what your are currently used to in regards to speed.

I can scare the snot out of people in my car and I do not think I am going fast nor braking hard but to most people driving normal cars it will scare them to death. Again, all depends on what you are used to driving. To 99% of people out there they would feel the G is very fast or scary fast in my experience.

coming from Vipers and GT-Rs, when my 2006 Gallardo was stock it felt slow in the mid-range, not too much torque there, and you really have to rev the motor high to feel the power....

I drove an R8 V10 back to back with my stock Gallardo, and even though they were rated at 520/525HP, the R8 V10 was so much torquier, and felt much much faster, it actually was, trapping 5MPH faster than my Gallardo at the drag strip... the 560 felt about the same as the Audi...

I could get by with a stock 560, but a stock older Gallardo wouldn't be enough... while it's only a 40HP difference spec-wise, it's 70HP + in the real world... and if you go with e-gear, the 560 has updated e-gear components and launch control that add to the benefits..

Pet peeve of mine that I've been quiet on for awhile....

The question to ask is, "is he good at launching a car and shifting fast?", not "is he a good driver?".

Being good or great in drag racing does not necessarily make you any good with car control, and to me I equate good drivers as having good car control. If the driver knows how to launch well and shift fast that's a small part of the equation.

I bet those idiots in the Corvette drag racing video are pretty good at launches and shifting fast, and look what happened to them. :icon_thumleft:

I'll believe it when an LP560 actually goes faster than 122-123 in the 1/4 from an owner. Turbo50Mike has dragged his 560 multiple times and IIRC, his car has never gone faster than 123. A slightly better than average driver in a Z-06 can go that fast. I went 125 bone stock on stock tires.

Must be the same track that Road and track and others testedt the Lp560 @129... In AZ, Ajglobals bone stock 06 Plastic mess-06 wouldnt trap over 115, where his G Spider was going 113..

Just drove a 2012 Porsche Turbo S.

Holy #@$&!!!!

That was a rocket ship ride.

Still love the G, and it's still fast enough for my needs....

P Turbo S is the quickest street car I've ever driven

Must be the same track that Road and track and others testedt the Lp560 @129... In AZ, Ajglobals bone stock 06 Plastic mess-06 wouldnt trap over 115, where his G Spider was going 113..

No, actually it was at a track at 800' above sea level and 1000+ DA.

Ajglobal? You aren't seriously going to gauge what a Z-06 can do based on what Ajglobal did with the Z, are you? :lol: (no disrespect, Ajglobal) There is a reason why he wasn't able to trap over 115 (which is what I trapped in my near stock C5 Z-06).

I'll gauge what the Z0-6 can do based on what I did in it, real life results from many owners/media/etc. Stock for stock, with a competent driver that can shift and drive, the Z0-6 and the 560 will be CLOSE. I do agree that most of the time the LP560 will win because most of the time the driver in the Z will not drive the car to its full potential while the LP560 is basically dummy proof.

• 2 weeks later...

Being good or great in drag racing does not necessarily make you any good with car control, and to me I equate good drivers as having good car control. If the driver knows how to launch well and shift fast that's a small part of the equation.

I agree with the above. I've seen tons of "modded" high-HP cars where the driver can't do crap on a road course. The driver makes a HUGE difference there. You'd be amazed at what a well-driven Miata can do. Even to a Lambo or Z 06, on a tight course.

• 1 month later...
Just drove a 2012 Porsche Turbo S.

Holy #@$&!!!!

That was a rocket ship ride.

Still love the G, and it's still fast enough for my needs....

P Turbo S is the quickest street car I've ever driven

I have a Porsche 997 Turbo with some mods to get it around 600 hp. It's the fastest car I have driven. The Turbo S is with the PDK trans is .7 sec quicker than mine from 0-60. I have yet to drive a 560. I have a test drive next week. Can't wait to see what that's like.. I agree though...6 months in the same car and it feels slow..I think we're sick...

I have a Porsche 997 Turbo with some mods to get it around 600 hp. It's the fastest car I have driven. The Turbo S is with the PDK trans is .7 sec quicker than mine from 0-60. I have yet to drive a 560. I have a test drive next week. Can't wait to see what that's like.. I agree though...6 months in the same car and it feels slow..I think we're sick...
Welcome.

Looking forward to hearing your impression of the G after your test.

I can see why they only put PDK in the Turbo S - no way a person could shift fast enough to do THAT car justice.

The G is a totally different animal. It's not the fastest (we all know that) but to me it's a great car!