Man arrested at Large Hadron Collider

capt_chaos

http://crave.cnet.co.uk/gadgets/man-arrest...uture-49305387/

Man arrested at Large Hadron Collider claims he's from the future

A would-be saboteur arrested today at the Large Hadron Collider in Switzerland made the bizarre claim that he was from the future. Eloi Cole, a strangely dressed young man, said that he had travelled back in time to prevent the LHC from destroying the world.

The LHC successfully collided particles at record force earlier this week, a milestone Mr Cole was attempting to disrupt by stopping supplies of Mountain Dew to the experiment's vending machines. He also claimed responsibility for the infamous baguette sabotage in November last year.

Mr Cole was seized by Swiss police after CERN security guards spotted him rooting around in bins. He explained that he was looking for fuel for his 'time machine power unit', a device that resembled a kitchen blender.

Police said Mr Cole, who was wearing a bow tie and rather too much tweed for his age, would not reveal his country of origin. "Countries do not exist where I am from. The discovery of the Higgs boson led to limitless power, the elimination of poverty and Kit-Kats for everyone. It is a communist chocolate hellhole and I'm here to stop it ever happening."

This isn't the first time time-travel has been blamed for mishaps at the LHC. Last year, the Japanese physicist Masao Ninomiya and Danish string-theory pioneer Holger Bech Nielsen put forward the hypothesis that the Higgs boson was so "abhorrent" that it somehow caused a ripple in time that prevented its own discovery.

Mr Cole was taken to a secure mental health facility in Geneva but later disappeared from his cell. Police are baffled, but not that bothered.

John Titor. tells me someone is going to mention his name later. Also that he said his website does not look that good because coding language in the future is not going to work on our antique computers.

Bit of a strange message to send me but hey I thought I should let you know.

It makes you think....

I too am from the future.... And Placid is going to post a picture of two dicks flying at each other any moment now.

And just to tear a hole in the space time continuum...

Funniest thing i've heard in MONTHS!!!

It makes you think....

It makes me think...that if he did not have a winning lotto ticket in his pocket then he is indeed not from the future.

Because Time Travel.

So, he said the collide destroys the world, yet we was able to come back to tell us? Where the hell was he when the world wars happened? Why didnt he just come back a few years ago before we wasted time making the damn thing?

Because hes a fake

Yeah that made me a little skeptical, that and his claims of "the elimination of poverty and Kit-Kats for everyone. It is a communist chocolate hellhole and I'm here to stop it ever happening."

So, he said the collide destroys the world, yet we was able to come back to tell us? Where the hell was he when the world wars happened? Why didnt he just come back a few years ago before we wasted time making the damn thing?

Because hes a fake

Because hes a fake

I for one believe he's not lying. I mistrusted a man in tweed once.

NEVER AGAIN.

On a somewhat serious note;

Lookup the name John Titor. He was also a purported time traveler who began communicating through the internet in 2000. What gives him some credibility in some people eyes is that he made several pronouncement of events which did come true after he made them.

If you are interested here is a website :

http://johntitor.com/

Lookup the name John Titor. He was also a purported time traveler who began communicating through the internet in 2000. What gives him some credibility in some people eyes is that he made several pronouncement of events which did come true after he made them.

It's called guessing. Sometimes you get it right... Looked at the site for 2 minutes and found this:

Are the Olympics still being played in the future?

60. As a result of the many conflicts, no, there were no official Olympics after 2004. However, it appears they may be revived in 2040.

And I'm sure there's a ton of other wrong predictions there... :)

PS! Rob ain't gonna read this and just ask if anyone remember this guy.

65. The civil war in the United States will start in 2004. I would describe it as having a Waco type event every month that steadily gets worse. The conflict will consume everyone in the US by 2012 and end in 2015 with a very short WWIII.

good prediction there

Funny being form the future he couldn't have developed a more advanced website

It makes you think....

I too am from the future.... And Placid is going to post a picture of two dicks flying at each other any moment now.

And just to tear a hole in the space time continuum...

:lol2: :lol2: :lol2:

When you re-read the thread it all starts to make sense and becomes plausible.

I don't have to re-read this today. I read it last year when I travelled to the future from next year.