Aventador meets Enzo and VECTOR

vectorfiles

I'm with Vector!! You guys don't known what the hell you are talking about.Especially Allan and Bmwracer who have had seat time in almost every exotic that's been on the road! This is the pinnacle of automotive perfection!

Vector_W8_Twin_Turbo_interior1.jpg

:lol2:

3156809999_c9cc15bb42.jpg

WOW that interior looks like SHIT

Bear in mind Jerry Wiegert built the VECTOR with his philosophy: aerospace technology for the street.

Therefore the W8 interior resembles a jet fighter cockpit.

The instrument panels are from an F16 etc.

The build quality of a W8 is actually superior to any car that was built in those days.

The build quality of a W8 is actually superior to any car that was built in those days.

Ummmm. No.

Bear in mind Jerry Wiegert built the VECTOR with his philosophy: aerospace technology for the street.

Therefore the W8 interior resembles a jet fighter cockpit.

The instrument panels are from an F16 etc.

You should be a stand up comic. I haven't seen funnier posts in a while. Please tell me you are on crack, no one in their right mind would have these opinions about the vector.

I have driven a few W8s including the yelllow chassis 012:

http://www.youtube.com/vectorfiles

The car you drove had been mistreated by the owner who then sold it to California where it was brought back into very nice shape.

Again, I know many W8 owners and they all kept or still keep their W8 for many years.

Most of them have been owners for more than 10 years.

The M12 is a different story though.

The reason they own them for soo long is because no one else will buy them.. A car that made a Countach seem comfy is laughable. I remember being in the yellow bomb and there was no way for me to fit in it without having my head tilted sideways, and I could fit fine in the Countach. You couldnt get me out of the Vector fast enough.. Every single time we drove it, or it went with us on a ride 3 things happened...1. it broke... 2. people asked it was a kitcar and 3. everyone ran over to see the Countach.

But the W8 set new standards for supercares.

Actually the W8 defined the league of supercars, long before any other manufacturer could reach these figures of hp and vmax.

There must be a reason that VECTOR W8 owners keep their car for 10 years and more.

M12 cars change hands every couple of weeks.

There are three or four M12s on the market every year.

Oh. Dear.

I appreciate your passion for a rare & intriguing vehicle, with an "interesting" company background, but I am afraid you are blinkered by this passion. I own a '91 GSX-R1100; goes quickly enough for me, shite through the bends. I love it, but would not be naive enough to proclaim it anything other than what it is.

The W8 did not set new standards; aerospace "technology" was limited to items such as trip switches instead of fuses. It was certainly not a kit car, but if you can say a turbo-charged, Donovan-based, V8 pushrod dragster engine with the Turbo-Hydramatic gearbox from a 1966 Oldsmobile Toronado is setting new standards, your daily driver must be a horse & cart.

As for figures of HP & V-Max, none of these were ever independantly verified as the car was never made available for testing, therefore one can only conclude it did not achieve the figures published. This is irrefutable.

Yes, owners keep thier cars for a long time; it's because they've spent that much time rebuilding them properly they cannot bear to let them go; they have become things they love.

Mate, it's an interesting bit of history, & combined with the wacky guy that produced it, an intriguing after-dinner subject, but that's it. Can't polish a turd.

If you want to continue:

post-102-1324226500.jpg

But I suggest this, instead:

post-102-1324226542.jpg

Nothing personal.