01 360 in Dallas

joebiz

Can't help you out but interesting car....I haven't seen too many with this kinda miles but it would make a decent driver if service is up to date...maintenence/repair bills would scare me a bit.

Not really sure what I'm supposed to be looking at. I don't know why people get all tripped out about service on a 360. I changed the belts myself, hardest part was taking the seats out. Changed lots of sensors, wheel bearings, mounts etc with very little drama. $6500 at Ferrari of Silicon Valley or $1200 in parts and a lazy Saturday afternoon. Please.

Honestly, a good mechanic would have more fun working on a Ferrari than a Audi or a Volkswagon. I can say that the reason Ferraris are expensive to work on is because the dealers perpetuate this fear that they are complicated and mysterious. That's bullshit-It's a car. Put together with hand tools by people who work 20 hours a week and contractually take 90 days off every year. A precision torque wrench and a set of USAG torx sockets is about the only thing that you need to work on a Ferrari that isn't in your Average Joe's toolbox.

Internal motor stuff and electronics, now that's for the professionals.

:-)

Back on topic, I'll paypal anybody $100 to go look at the car this morning. I really want to put a deposit on the car if it isn't a painted, bondo mess.

a 360 for 50G.. Thats not bad! Now I want one as they are finally priced appropriately!

$50K has always been my price point on a beater 360. I sold my 35K mile 360 for ~$58K back in 08. And it needed work.

$50K is the appropriate price for an early 360, in my opinion.

Hi Joe,

I live in the area, I would be more than happy to stick my head in there today. Just post or text/call me with the questions you want asked.

940-395-5796

James

$50K has always been my price point on a beater 360. I sold my 35K mile 360 for ~$58K back in 08. And it needed work.

$50K is the appropriate price for an early 360, in my opinion.

Hell ya.. It will make a nice gift for my wife.. And I agree, aslong as its a 6speed it should be easy to maintain..

Hell ya.. It will make a nice gift for my wife.. And I agree, aslong as its a 6speed it should be easy to maintain..

This is the *perfect* wife Ferrari. Red. Chrome Rims. High Miles. When she scrapes it against the ATM, drops her Triple Venti Caramel Macchiatto on the floor and rear-ends a Bentley on the 405 it's still worth $40K by the end of the month. Pure win.

interior is rough.

front lenses are broken, lamps are cracked, HID's arched, melted and cracked it.

painted car at least on driver side

local trade in Dallas

Clean title

Clean carfax

Belts and service are current

It's a $42-45K car. Well bought at $44K.

They are stuck at $50K. You're buying someone else's problem at that price.

haha

This is the *perfect* wife Ferrari. Red. Chrome Rims. High Miles. When she scrapes it against the ATM, drops her Triple Venti Caramel Macchiatto on the floor and rear-ends a Bentley on the 405 it's still worth $40K by the end of the month. Pure win.

I see you have met my wife :icon_mrgreen:

interior is rough.

front lenses are broken, lamps are cracked, HID's arched, melted and cracked it.

painted car at least on driver side

local trade in Dallas

Clean title

Clean carfax

Belts and service are current

It's a $42-45K car. Well bought at $44K.

They are stuck at $50K. You're buying someone else's problem at that price.

My wife does pretty well.. Once in awhile she will curb a wheel. Thats about it.. Im gonna take a look around at some of these.. Prob be a fun car with a bolt on TT kit..

My wife does pretty well.. Once in awhile she will curb a wheel. Thats about it.. Im gonna take a look around at some of these.. Prob be a fun car with a bolt on TT kit..

I'm going to pick it up tomorrow, if the car is straight. It would just be a flip for me. Do you want it for yourself? For $50K I'm buying someone else's problem but I don't think anybody's going to get hurt on it.

Drop me a note if you want it.

--joe

I'm going to pick it up tomorrow, if the car is straight. It would just be a flip for me. Do you want it for yourself? For $50K I'm buying someone else's problem but I don't think anybody's going to get hurt on it.

--joe

Why buy it at 50k if it's a 45k car? If you fix the lenses and small issues can you make 10k on a flip?

--joe

Me no... not right now..

Why buy it at 50k if it's a 45k car? If you fix the lenses and small issues can you make 10k on a flip?

I found the lenses for $1000 for the set and if the HID module is bad, another $600.

So, I'm in the car for $52K and that's fair high money, figure it would pull $55K in the toughest market. Like I said, it's no home run but it should make a solid driver for someone or a great hole to stuff a twin turbo in.

Won't make $10K, no way. $5K if I'm lucky. But I can drive around a 360 for a month or two until the weather breaks for "free."

These cars- all these Ferrari Busy Bodies know every single thing about every single car in every single garage. They know the leather was touched up in 2003 and had a tire 6 grams out of balance.

Lambo guys care about one thing : what is the condition of the car, today as it sits. Lambo buyers are much smarter, in that regard. Generalizing, of course.

I saw this post earlier and it interested me, so I contacted one of the mechanics at Norwood Performance (in dallas) to see if they knew anything about the car. he said that he thinks the car belonged to a guy named Ken who works for a car dealer but also flips his own car on the side. and if it is the same car it may have a valve train issue. either way he offered to look at it for who ever is interested, PM me if you want his info.

I saw this post earlier and it interested me, so I contacted one of the mechanics at Norwood Performance (in dallas) to see if they knew anything about the car. he said that he thinks the car belonged to a guy named Ken who works for a car dealer but also flips his own car on the side. and if it is the same car it may have a valve train issue. either way he offered to look at it for who ever is interested, PM me if you want his info.

Ken works for Sonic, but it was a local trade in. I'm heading up there this morning so I'll either buy it or post up anything wrong with it.

-joe

Good luck Joe! :icon_thumleft: Sounds like a fun toy! And if you can drive it for free for a couple months or even make a few grand on the deal thats even better. :)

Good luck Joe! :icon_thumleft: Sounds like a fun toy! And if you can drive it for free for a couple months or even make a few grand on the deal thats even better. :)

what ended up being the story on this car?

what ended up being the story on this car?

Car is an epic turd. Wouldn't pay $40K for it. Top end knocking. ABS light. CEL. Airbag lights. weak brake pedal. total repaint. bumper mount broken driver side. lenses broken. exhaust broken tab. interior falling apart. rough idle. bad rotors all 4 wheels. be easier to state what was solid with car: nothing. well, it does have very clean leather over carbon seats.

someone posted that this car has had 7 owners, to me thats a bit of a red flag.

Problem is that the owner count gets exaggerated when it's leased from new: Owner 1: the dealer Owner 2: the leasing company Owner 3: The customer Owner 4: The person who buys it after the lease.

So, if the person who buys it after the lease is the person who leased it, a "4 owner" car could actually just be a one-owner car. And that's assuming the leasing company doesn't immediately securitize the lease note, which would add yet another owner.

I had a 2006 M5 that I bought with 12K miles on it. When I totalled it in 08, the owner count was EIGHT! Roughly quadruple the number of human asses that sat in the seats. But yea, you're right- it's a red flag for sure.