Joe Paterno winning streak came to an end

LyinFapper

Rape usually covers up any general well-doing on anyone.

Agreed, a life full of good deeds can be undone by a single horrible action or in this case inaction.

RIP. My oldest daughter goes to Penn State, she says the place is a mess since this story broke.

What do you mean by a mess, do the people there still support him after everything?

I don't like football and I hate anyone who has anything to do with harming children. Directly or indirectly.

agreed and well said!

What do you mean by a mess, do the people there still support him after everything?

Last night the news had video of people leaving lit candles at the foot of the Paterno statue, holding a "vigil" of sorts. One guy had a t-shirt that

said, "thank you for all the wins and championships...." (or something to that effect).

This display of support must hurt the victims and their families.

It appears that many people still support him....

I just don't get that.

Go visit Penn State and you'll understand.

The guy is a pedophile, sports is entertainment people have to realize that and put those successes aside.

Since I can't visit Penn state, explain to me why the people over there are so understanding. What if they had a child that was abused by Paterno, they would be down with it because he won some championship for Penn state?

Edit: Wait, who again got accused of the abuse Paterno or his assistant coach? But Paterno once caught his assistant coach but never told the university about the abuse, right?

The guy is a pedophile,

Paterno was not a pedophile.

Since I can't visit Penn state, explain to me why the people over there are so understanding.

Guy is an institution, you'd have to visit to understand what that man means to the school.

Edit: Wait, who again got accused of the abuse Paterno or his assistant coach? But Paterno once caught his assistant coach but never told the university about the abuse, right?

Wait, I don't know wtf I'm talking about...

7nTnr.png

The guy is a pedophile, sports is entertainment people have to realize that and put those successes aside.

Since I can't visit Penn state, explain to me why the people over there are so understanding. What if they had a child that was abused by Paterno, they would be down with it because he won some championship for Penn state?

Uhhh...You better go back and read about what ACTUALLY happened.

I used to recruit (for sales) at Penn State, State College campus. Been there many times.

I understand the fanatical culture - but for a man of his power and influence

to turn his back on boys being victimized by his staff - unforgivable.

He was THE guy that could have brought it all to a halt. He chose to be silent. FAIL

IMO nothing excuses his actions.

The support he continues to receive only highlights how completely out of whack our culture has become.

Being a champion at a sport apparently outweighs being a good person and doing the right thing.

It's a sad comment on society (and it's not new - there are many examples over many years....)

I used to recruit (for sales) at Penn State, State College campus. Been there many times.

He was THE guy that could have brought it all to a halt. He chose to be silent. FAIL

If indeed this is how it went down, then I agree whole heartedly.

Give me a break, I was confused. I only read a few articles on it.

That is not going to change the fact that you decided to ask a guided question. Why give you a break for arguing your side just because you admitted you didn't know what you were talking about. I think Abolfaz would have answered your question, but he's smart enough to know it would do absolutely nothing.

The guy did a lot of good in his life. Regardless of your opinion and who placed blame on Paterno for what he did or did not do, he has passed and people mourn the loss of life. I feel for his family and his loyal supporters because they are the ones hurt the most here forward, not him.

Best

He was tied through and through to that University... went IT got destroyed and and its reputation went down the crapper, in

essence when the University died, you knew it wouldn't be long before he followed suit. I would transfer to another school

because i wouldn't want that schools name on my diploma.

I would transfer to another school

because i wouldn't want that schools name on my diploma.

Yep. My kids finishing the semester and that's it. We had a major fight just to get her to go back after the holidays.

Yep. My kids finishing the semester and that's it. We had a major fight just to get her to go back after the holidays.

Do you mean she didn't want to go back- or you didn't want her to go back?

IMO nothing excuses his actions.

The support he continues to receive only highlights how completely out of whack our culture has become.

Being a champion at a sport apparently outweighs being a good person and doing the right thing.

It's a sad comment on society (and it's not new - there are many examples over many years....)

During the '80s NOTHING happened at Penn St. without Joe Paterno knowing about it. He knew and kept silent. Shame on him......

That is not going to change the fact that you decided to ask a guided question. Why give you a break for arguing your side just because you admitted you didn't know what you were talking about. I think Abolfaz would have answered your question, but he's smart enough to know it would do absolutely nothing.

The guy did a lot of good in his life. Regardless of your opinion and who placed blame on Paterno for what he did or did not do, he has passed and people mourn the loss of life. I feel for his family and his loyal supporters because they are the ones hurt the most here forward, not him.

Best

Whatever, go ahead if you do care so much. Cake already wrote what I meant.

:)