Diablo Roadster question

gemlender

Do you have a link? The only one I can find is $5k used.

sorry i do not remember who was selling it ...

i was interested.... i thought about adding one

but decided to keep the car as it is and as it was when built and registered in Lambo factory name

may be AMH parts??

Ive never been a fan of wingless diablos, but personally the back just looks off on the roadsters with the indentation for the roof and having nothing above the scoops. Just my humble opinion.

Funny.....that black Diablo Roadster compared to an El Camino above is my car. I did replace the Forgiato wheel centers with Lambo logo centers. Forgiato makes them.

Funny.....that black Diablo Roadster compared to an El Camino above is my car. I did replace the Forgiato wheel centers with Lambo logo centers. Forgiato makes them.

you have a hell of a nice El Camino!!! :icon_thumleft:

Joe, I thought you changed the wheels back to OEM roadster wheels?

Joe, I thought you changed the wheels back to OEM roadster wheels?

They are rare.......18". I have a lead on a set now. All the ones that pop up are the 17" ones.

OK, I take back the El Camino remark. All this talk of roadsters made me want one! Soooo.....

I picked one up last week. And yes I have already pulled off the stupid front fender Fagarri looking shields

post-73833-1329836535.jpg

post-73833-1329836554.jpg

post-73833-1329836577.jpg

OK, I take back the El Camino remark. All this talk of roadsters made me want one! Soooo.....

I picked one up last week. And yes I have already pulled off the stupid fender well Fagarri looking shields

I am really curious your obsvervtions of owning the Roadster v. the Murcie. Which one gives you more pleasure, more of an event to drive, more attention, etc?

I am really curious your obsvervtions of owning the Roadster v. the Murcie. Which one gives you more pleasure, more of an event to drive, more attention, etc?

So far, my Diablo coupe....but I do not drive the others nearly as much, so its not a fair comparison.

post-73833-1329836964.jpg

post-73833-1329837115.jpg

Thats a curious interior in your Diablo roadster. Ive never seen the carbon fiber door panels or the all alcantara interior besides in some of the euro versions of the cars. So now you have a Murci, Diablo VT Roadster , Diablo, and countach? Impressive.

Thats a curious interior in your Diablo roadster. Ive never seen the carbon fiber door panels or the all alcantara interior besides in some of the euro versions of the cars. So now you have a Murci, Diablo VT Roadster , Diablo, and countach? Impressive.

Thanks, how did you know about the Countach?

Thanks, how did you know about the Countach?

Somebody referenced it in another post. I spend more time then i probably should reading about the countachs in the section here and the countach thread over on Fchat. Seems every damn one has some subtle difference the older they are. Intrigues me. Helluva collection regardless.

Thanks. Since you are into the Countach. Mine is a carburated 4 valve. Here is a link to a video of the Countach, be patient, it takes 10 seconds to load.

Here is the pic of the 98, it was delivered in the snow last week. I have service I want done to it prior to sale, want to make sure it is the way I would drive one of my own cars. The interior is Black, also a pretty rare option. I am thinking of removing the wing, does not look right to me on Roadster cars.

OMFG Gemlender please buy this car..... because I want a ride in it at our next C&C!

That's a really beautiful combo. Nice to see you getting a few more Diablo into the corral Roy. My main reason for visiting your website is to torture myself over your menu of Diablo!

OMFG Gemlender please buy this car..... because I want a ride in it at our next C&C!

That's a really beautiful combo. Nice to see you getting a few more Diablo into the corral Roy. My main reason for visiting your website is to torture myself over your menu of Diablo!

Yes Smoky I want it so bad!!!! My wife laughs at me every night because I go to Roy's sight to make sure it has not sold. Its pure Torture!! I went and bought another rental property instead so I guess I will have to wait until next year. I keep kicking back and forth of whether to keep the G and get a diablo next year or wait a few years and sell the G and go for the Adventador. (life is full of tough decisions).

• 1 month later...
Only thing that was different between 98/99 was cosmetic changes until mid year 99 when it got the heads change. This did not change power just less of a chance of a oil leak. Very late 99 cars got some gearing changes.

Nice 98 Roy leave the wing on it and let the next owner decide as most all US cars in 98/99 came with the wing from the Factory.

Interesting info concerning 99 roadsters. Is it possible to identify the newer heads just by looking at them? Do you have any other info on the gearing changes, what is the difference?