Fisker Karma

kinnsella

Starting to see the Fisker on the road now. I really love the style. In its own way the silence is stealth!

It's a total shit box..I see the Tesla Model S almost daily, Karma's once a month don't know if either company will make it. But the Karma is not a competitive car in the segment.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's a total shit box..I see the Tesla Model S almost daily, Karma's once a month don't know if either company will make it. But the Karma is not a competitive car in the segment.

Also, resale is in the toilet.

Guest Moss

Hate to hear that. It has some cool features but lets face it...Its an electric car. Not ever gonna make it in the exotic world. If it was trouble free it would be another fun toy to put in the stable.

Hate to hear that. It has some cool features but lets face it...Its an electric car. Not ever gonna make it in the exotic world. If it was trouble free it would be another fun toy to put in the stable.

+1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
Well, that escalated quickly. I came real close to buying one of these for my wifes birthday two weeks ago, something told me not to and I got her a new Maserati instead. Thank god I didn't buy one of these cars and have to deal with trying to get service and warranty work done by a bankrupt company.

I'm not surprised. Horrible build and crap customer service. I thought something was up also when the local dealer had a VW golf sitting in the window.

Well, that escalated quickly. I came real close to buying one of these for my wifes birthday two weeks ago, something told me not to and I got her a new Maserati instead. Thank god I didn't buy one of these cars and have to deal with trying to get service and warranty work done by a bankrupt company.

I'm not surprised. Horrible build and crap customer service. I thought something was up also when the local dealer had a VW golf sitting in the window.

Their goose is cooked...Fisker resigned, the Chinese (last resort of desperate car companies) won't bite. Never was a competitive product.

On the other hand I see several Tesla's every day, I have three friends that own Teslas, they all like them. Personally I think it's early adopter tech buyer, they may make it....or Tesla can be rolled into Mercedes or Toyota who they have deals with.

I like the looks of the Karma over the Tesla but yeah I am even seeing the Teslas around here and this is not a big area for rare cars.

i spoke to a guy in houston that wanted to sell his in the mid 60s. i would consider buying one if it's price for the body shell and interior only. there's a high chance that the battery may go bad and if that happens with zero warranty or dealer support, your car is essentially a brick.

• 2 weeks later...

Considering how light they had to make the car to accomodate the batteries it would be a beast with the ZR1 powertrain. I wonder if this means it's also curtains for the Destino.

What a shame, I really thought this was a fantastic car.

Did you know the design for the look of the car was originally what Tesla was going use? The designer (May have been Fisker himself) pulled a Benedict Arnold.

Did you know the design for the look of the car was originally what Tesla was going use? The designer (May have been Fisker himself) pulled a Benedict Arnold.

He put his eggs on an English muffin and added ham and holindase sauce?

Even more of a shame. I guess "karma" is a bitch!

• 5 months later...
Now buy your less attractive Karma (imo) for twice the price and a corvette engine.

Read all about it.

http://www.caradvice.com.au/256278/vl-auto...as-coming-2014/

They'll convert cars for $100K. Makes more sense to buy a fire-sale Karma vs the VL. Either way, it will be nice to have the good looks of the Karma and big balls to back it up.