Aventador insurance

agentf1

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree! I expected it to be a LOT more. Even the coverages on my houses are INCREDIBLY reasonable. And they are absolutely TOP NOTCH with claims.

I know for a fact I have no mileage restrictions.

I frankly don't care HOW they do it, or why. After hearing from you guys, I'm just going to enjoy being lucky!!! :icon_super:

So after reading your post, I was about to go switch my insurance over to Chubb, but when I visited their website, it seems to simply be a giant rolodex of third party insurance agents.

Do you happen to know the specific name of the insurance agent you're working with so I can give them a call? Or even better, just PM me their contact info:P

I'm not in exotic car insurance, but my college roommate went into fleet insurance, and it's based purely on mileage, with a small premium on the number of cars if they want theft/vandalism coverage. With the right insurance company, you could own 100 cars and so long as you don't cover theft/vandalism and your storage facility checks out, you'll pay the price of insuring a fraction of them.

If you go with the an insurance company that doesn't specialize in those sorts of calculations they'll charge you up the wazoo because their models simply can't accommodate clients that have usage patterns that are too far from their average.

You really dont have a personal point of reference in this situation. You have no idea whats a too good to be true rate or a normal rate. He could have originally said he was paying double what hes paying and you would have assumed that its normal/correct.

So after reading your post, I was about to go switch my insurance over to Chubb, but when I visited their website, it seems to simply be a giant rolodex of third party insurance agents.

Do you happen to know the specific name of the insurance agent you're working with so I can give them a call? Or even better, just PM me their contact info:P

PM'd

Woops!!! I lied. Just checked and they are as follows:

Performante: $1044/year

SV: $615/year

Panamera (which i confused with perf): $391/year

Hope my aventador is not 4x better than ur SV

Maybe D is quoting us 6 month rates?

He said before, they were for 1 year....

My vehicle premiums/policys are for 6 months at a time, its really annoying that they cant do 1 year at a time, seems like I am always changing out the cards in each car lol.

A few companies are offering 12 month rates now. I work for Liberty Mutual, we've been doing 12 month policies for a while. I think Allstate and American Family are catching on as I have seen 12 month rates from them too.

He said before, they were for 1 year....

My vehicle premiums/policys are for 6 months at a time, its really annoying that they cant do 1 year at a time, seems like I am always changing out the cards in each car lol.

I agree haha. I don't even have a printer at home since I barely ever print anything and I often forget at work so the cards I have in the car are usually expired lol.

A few companies are offering 12 month rates now. I work for Liberty Mutual, we've been doing 12 month policies for a while. I think Allstate and American Family are catching on as I have seen 12 month rates from them too.

I use American National, or ANPAC. They give you 25% of your premiums back if you remain claim free for 3 years. I am ready for them to go to 12 months.

Most companies do not do 12 months for one reason, they cannot jack your rates for incidents quickly enough.

Most companies do not do 12 months for one reason, they cannot jack your rates for incidents quickly enough.

That's partially true but it also works the other way when accidents/tickets/claims are falling out of the 5 year period (3 in some cases).

We should really start an Insurance 101 thread. Any interest? For most, they would rather stare at a blank wall than talk/think about insurance.

You guys got it cheap, I'm paying $4,100/year on my Spyder. I think insurance in Europe is generally more expensive than the US though.

You guys got it cheap, I'm paying $4,100/year on my Spyder. I think insurance in Europe is generally more expensive than the US though.

Probably because people in Europe use their cars way more. I always get the feeling that there are way more high mileage cars in EU than US, and that they are looked at more like 'just a car' then something that is babied.

Probably because people in Europe use their cars way more. I always get the feeling that there are way more high mileage cars in EU than US, and that they are looked at more like 'just a car' then something that is babied.

I'm paying $2100 every 6 months through Statefarm.

Yesterday my assistant called Geico and Allstate and boh said they would not insure the car due to the value.

Any thoughts????

• 2 weeks later...

WOW

im just amazed to see how low you pay for your insurence...

i live in Israel,

here you pay almost 10% from the worth of your car.

4000$ dollars +- is for a new standart Volkswagen.

im shocked!

WOW

im just amazed to see how low you pay for your insurence...

i live in Israel,

here you pay almost 10% from the worth of your car.

4000$ dollars +- is for a new standart Volkswagen.

im shocked!

me too.

$16000 per year. Got it real cheap in my case.

I do have a $1,000 deductible (some may have lower or none). To me, $1k is so cheap as compared to any repair bill I might have, it's worth the discount in premiums. I also only have $3MM liability. Perhaps others have much more.

I have a feeling that Chubb probably uses some bet hedging based on the fact they figure it will not get driven much as well as the fact I have a completely clean driving record.

What's that!!!??? Never heard of it!!.... lol :rolleyes:

I'm paying $2100 every 6 months through Statefarm.

Yesterday my assistant called Geico and Allstate and boh said they would not insure the car due to the value.

Any thoughts????

I pay about that PER YEAR for my lp640 with Allstate, also insure 2 cars, house and contents, 2 motorcycles and umbrella with them so get multi policy discount.

Are you guys insuring for replacement at NADA estimate or are you insuring at an specific replacement amount. I think this makes a huge difference in cost, no?